About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7c3703ff634a17120befde91e5a4f954Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

NEW TO THE FORUMS :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queelea (Christine Wilkinson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: NEW TO THE FORUMS :) Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Christine and I am new to the forums Very Happy I live in central Pennsylvania, I am really excited about making my costume and getting started, but I am having some trouble on how to go about it. I want to make the white Princess Leia dress costume, but I am not the best sewer. So, how do I go about starting, and is there anyone willing to help me?
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. I suppose the best place to start is in the tutorial section:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=252

You may also want to post in the Royalty/Senatorial forums for tips from the people who know the costume best...
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

I hope that helps.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!!! Im from around Hershey area so once you join the RL we may bump into one another! I however cant help you much right now since I cant sou and I have no clue about that costume its standards. However there are plenty of people that do. Look at the links provided already. A lot of people come here saying I cant but but by the end of it all they did make there own costume. It may take a bit but hay so what we are not going any wear.

18 " aggressive negotiations "
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome Christine. We have many members here which I am sure can help you in addition to the Links that Gil posted. Also on the main forum page we have many links for costume requirements and build tutiorals.
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! That is a good choice if you are new to sewing and still want to be a princess! Its all straight seams and really simple to cut out. If you get the Jet-Set at Joann's you only need to cut one line (curved of course) for each layer (so twice) as you can just fold the fabric into quarters (look at the very first tutorial posted.)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to Echo Base! My wife did the PL costume that she made herself, so we would be willing to help in any way possible. We're in Harrisburg. A good reference would be to check out Pam's PL page which is where we started: http://chucrew.com/Leia/dresspattern.html

When you're set to start, let me know and we'll make a costume build thread for you to keep us appraised of you progress!
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the legion ......

yeah if you have any questions just ask..... we are here to help
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Christine! Knew I'd see ya here eventually Very Happy

You know where I live haha, anytime you want to work on the dress my machine and I are open!

MtFbwy!

Your "brother",
Luke
D-3po ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Christine,
I am friends with an Excellent seamstress that can help you with Fitting and Sewing your Leia costume. Please let me know if you need my assistance.
Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christine! Welcome! Good luck with you Leia costume! Central PA seems to be a popular place! One of these days I'll make it to an event out there!

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!"

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: