About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1bfc26d6bdcf99dba0b893022cca8155Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

NER Invite: iPlay America Event, 12/2/12 - Freehold, NJ

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: NER Invite: iPlay America Event, 12/2/12 - Freehold, NJ Reply with quote

We have been asked to put together a super huge event to be held at "iPlay America", which is an indoor amusement park in Freehold, NJ. They are planning a special day for children's charities and would like to make it a Star Wars themed event. We are working closely with them to make it as cool as possible and will be looking to all our members as well as our sister Garrisons and the Rebel Legion to help supply a large amount of characters in hopes to make this a day to remember for the kids :thumbsup_anim:/>

It will be well organized, with an initial meet and greet buffet with the attendees before the actual event, where we can pose for some pictures and start getting them excited, lol. We will also help them fill some time with a trivia quiz. After the luncheon we'll then spread out amongst the park to specific areas, where they will have Star Wars themed tasks incorporated in the rides and games. We will help cheer the kids on while they complete their tasks and of course interact some more and let them take pictures. The theme, so to say, is that we as the Empire have taken over the park, and the kids must do their tasks (go on rides hahaha) to become Jedi and help take the park back from us evil guys Wink/>

Don't worry, we had a long discussion about our agreement with LFL and our rules against "actual" type training with the park, they understand and don't want us to actually do anything other then wander in the areas looking cool and generating excitement. Preliminary planning has the park split up in 4 different stations, where the kids will complete said tasks on their way to becoming Jedi Knights. One will be a Lego X-Box station where they must defeat a level to move on. Another is the laser tag arena. The other two are looking like Go-Carts and Bumper Cars. Our members will switch out as needed.

As you can see this is one of the biggest events we've tried to staff in NJ so we would really appreciate some help from everyone on it. The park will provide us with a separate and private area with food, beverages and area to change and store our belongings. They will also provide free access to the event and park for any of our family members (and kids) that want to come along. Parking is also free for everyone.

They will be donating part of their total proceeds to a charity they choose, and then also to one that we choose. We have chosen the NJ Hurricane Relief fund.

http://www.iplayamerica.com/Default.aspx

Date/Time:
Sunday,
December 2, 2012

Arrive: 8:30am (please be on time)
Troop: 10:00am sharp - 12:00pm for Meet and Greet Buffet
Troop: 12:00pm - 3:00pm for event in park

110 Schanck Road
Freehold, NJ 07728

Members Attending:
1) Bro - TB
2) Johnny - TD
3) Piper - CT
4) Gary- Vader/TB
5) Chris - TR
6) Scott - ID
7) Alt-James - Anakin
Cool Andy - TD
9) Jimbo - TI
10) Jackie - X-Wing Pilot
11) John (ECG) - Snow Clone Rex
12) Jeff - TK
13) Sean - TB
14) Michelle - ID
15) Flounder - DZ
16) Alt-Joe - IN
17) Gerrit (ECG) - TK
1Cool Tyler (ECG) - TD
19) Brianne - Spotter
20) Lillian (RL) - Jedi
21) Danielle (RL) - Jedi
22) Dennis - TB
23) Tim - RFT (tentative)
24) Jason Colflesh - photographer
25)

Rough Draft breakdown of stations. Please chime in if you have a preference, and understand we can rotate people through the day so everyone can be at one they like. They are still finalizing details and will give me more in the next day or so.

For laser tag, we will have a soft costume "boss" with white armored guys as support. The soft costume can wear the actual vest, and the support will stay near them for effect. You don't need to move around the arena, but are allowed to roam as able.

1) X-Box station:
** During the luncheon, we won't need dedicated troopers for this one.

2) Laser Tag:
Group One:
* Soft Costume w/ Vest
* White Armor support
* White Armor support

Group Two:
* Soft Costume w/ Vest
* White Armor support
* White Armor support

3) Go Carts
* Costume able to ride
* Costume able to ride
* Costume able to ride

4) Bumper Cars
* Costume able to ride
* Costume able to ride
* Costume able to ride

Roaming with Kids:
* All other characters

EDITED DRAFT 2 = we will be circulating troopers as able for each station. Please post what you think you are able to do and would like to, thanks!

PLEASE BE ON TIME, THE START IS SET SHARP AND WE CAN'T AFFORD TO BE LATE OR NOT READY. YOUR FAMILY DOES NOT NEED TO BE THERE EARLY, THEY CAN ARRIVE WHENEVER THEY LIKE DURING THE EVENT.

TB/TI/TK/TS/TX/CC/BH-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout

Last edited by Navajo Bro () on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...

It's still a long way off but we're loading up on troopers and everyone is making plans ahead of time so they don't miss this awesome event!! We definately need some good guys here though Wink

501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still on and getting closer. We would love some Rebel support and can also use some spotters Wink

We're also going to make our charity the NJ Hurricane Relief fund, so please come help us out with this as it's very close to home for many of us.

501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - this is next Sunday and we'd love for more Rebels to come out!

Please join my Facebook Group for my book Lost Boys of the Bronx: the Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang
Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can count me in Very Happy

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!"

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tentative.
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finalizing details with our liaison, they would love a good mix of characters obviously including Chewbacca, Leia, Droids etc... If anyone can make this we would love you forever!!!

We're also sorting out our roles, as stated we'll have a photobackdrop set up for pictures with the attendees, and our members will then split into groups at the various stations in the theme park. A few will be involved with the laser tag, most likely something to the effect of an Officer (with a laser tag vest and gun) along with a few TKs stationed at one spot in the area (not running around and actively participating, more like stationary targets for effect). If we can get some more good guys we can work it out so the other side has the equivelant.

Very Happy

501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHECK FIRST POST, I'VE MADE MAJOR UPDATES WITH INFORMATION AND DRAFT OF EVENTS.

This is going to be a lot of fun, as you can see we'll have our guys involved with a lot of the cool activities. Still planning things but most important please be on time the start at 10am is sharp so we need to be ready. I'll need to submit a list so if anyone is bringing family please let me know names, and Tim if you can firm up one way or another as soon as possible, thanks!

501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Tentative.

I'll be finalizing things in the morning, Tim you are the only one still in "tentative" status, if you can let me know one way or another please so I can plan out everyone's duties thanks.

501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Event Reply with quote

Sorry can't make this one. Post picts. Have a great troop!
Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with roaming with kids... bumper cars sounds fun too! Very Happy

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!"

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've switched my costume to Jedi so I can assist in some things, and Jedi will be involved in both some of the missions as well as roaming and other activities with the kids. In the beginning we'll be addressing the group at the luncheon and getting them excited about the event

I've drafted a list, we have three stations and each station we'll need troopers there for about 45 minutes and then we'll switch out. We'll also have a group roaming during each time frame. Everyone will get a chance to participate in each activity (obviously pending the ability to actually do it).

The fourth activity is going to be a version of Shoot-a-Trooper and we'll need at least 4 armored and 1 soft costume to man it, along with a spotter (or iPlay assistant to gather darts).

I've made it so everyone gets to go to each event, as well as a roaming time where they can take a break. Obviously if you need to take a break at anytime feel free to grab a spotter or non-bucket guy and let them know. THIS EVENT IS IN CHARACTER AND BUCKETS ON AT ALL TIME (unless emergency).

Again, on Sunday morning when we are getting ready we will go over all this, and if there is anything a member can't do or wants to do extra of we can tweak the lists accordingly. Some of the activities we'll have to pre-check if guys can get into them or not. I don't want helmeted or obstructed vision guys going go-karts or bumper cars as a safety thing. We'll also check to see who can get vests over their stuff for laser tag.

PLEASE BE ON TIME 8:30A. We only have one and a half hours from then to event start to go over all this, which will include the walk through of the park and determining what guys can or can't do. And get ready Wink

You guys all got my cell, but if you don't
Bro cell 848-469-0477

501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a blast doing this event yesterday! Thanks for everything! Very Happy

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Leda wrote:
I had a blast doing this event yesterday! Thanks for everything! Very Happy

It was great meeting you, glad you had fun! Your Jedi was top notch and we all can't wait to troop again with you soon Very Happy

I'll have a Mission Report up either tonight or tomorrow Razz

501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: