About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=820dbd735b6855e7bf85069ca8b39929Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ultrasabers - Light Saber Colours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Ultrasabers - Light Saber Colours Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I couldn't resist checking out some lightsabers after being recommended to check out the Ultrasabers website.

WOW so many to choose from....

Can anyone tell me the difference between Guardian Blue and Arctic Blue for a light saber?

Is there anywhere on their site that has pics of the colours??

Cheers
Rach
davej ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the Ultrasabers site... they really don't want to show us the colours, do they?
They used to have a display of the colours, but I couldn't find it anywhere Sad
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave!
I thought it was just me being a Paduwan....how're ya supposed to know the colours?? The site is full on...
Surprised
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used to have a really great picture. Wonder what happened? I'm pretty sure mine is guardian blue. I can show you a picture if you like.
Master Vos (Tim)
Ryloth Base CO
Ryloth Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best person to ask is Alcfalath (Matthew Wilson) as he is the
Temple Master - KJO Temple of the Twin Suns for Tatooine Base he has quite extensive knowledge regarding lightsabers.

Ryloth Base Website
Ryloth Base FB Page
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you're waiting for the master...

Here's the colour chart, if you scroll down any page of an Individual sword order you should find it. Sydney Saber Arena have ordered over 20 Ultrasabers recently and have been mostly happy with the results.

A couple of things to think about from my personal opinion. If you have to pay extra for a colour, it's for extra LEDs, and colour mixes look cool but really drain batteries. So primary colours are the better colours to get.

Their Primary colours are:
Adegan Silver
Fire Orange
Consular Green
Guardian Blue
Blazing Red

I love my fire orange Saber, but it's the dimmest in the group. I also have a Consular Green that is great.

I bought an Amethyst Violet Saber for my daughter, and the blue fades really quickly, leaving the sword pink then red for much of its life. A lot of my group went for Sunrider's Destiny which is a good looking colour, and my pick for the brightest Saber colour is Arctic blue.

If you don't have a set preference for a hilt, my preference is the Aeon/Dominix pattern, as a simple, beautiful clean hilt. It's also one of tw cheapest, and lacks the extra stuff that that either falls off or makes holding it harder. Some of the bigger hilts, like the Guardian, are too thick for me to handle comfortably, and my hands are average size.

Always get a blade key.

If you're getting sound, pay the extra $5 for a buckpuck setup. Spare lithium batteries are also handy.

Tython Base Facebook Page
Auron Salis (Levi)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The artic blue looks more like the movie (a new hope) luke skywalkers saber. That lightish sort've blue.

Where as the guardian blue is quite dark. Sorry I dont have a pic of the guardian blue :/
Angelman (Michael Schroeter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ordered from Ultrasabers lately, what's there wait time like?
I've heard it's about 3 months!!!
Do they take a deposit is or is it payment up front?

I did find a supplier that had "grab bag" saber hilts for around $30, but I seem to have lost the bookmark. I'm going to need 2 prop hilts that we can hand over to the kids in photos (and not mind them getting dropped, dirty, sticky, etc).

Thanks,

Michael
Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last order made for the SSA took 2 weeks, but it all depends on what you are getting.
davej ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orders at their shop at Dragoncon took about half an hour... not that that is of any help...
Auron Salis (Levi)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelman wrote:
Anyone ordered from Ultrasabers lately, what's there wait time like?
I've heard it's about 3 months!!!
Do they take a deposit is or is it payment up front?

I did find a supplier that had "grab bag" saber hilts for around $30, but I seem to have lost the bookmark. I'm going to need 2 prop hilts that we can hand over to the kids in photos (and not mind them getting dropped, dirty, sticky, etc).

Thanks,

Michael

Nah the shortest ive had to wait was about a week.
But it does depend on the saber you're getting. Some they can just put on the lathe and smash it out. But the more intricate designs will take a bit longer. Especially with the hilts that have sound in them. 1 month maybe max?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news, thanks for the feedback everyone.

We're just getting two "standard" hilts, still thinking about whether to get them with sound or not.

I'm in two minds about that, because we troop with two Hasbro blasters and one has working sound and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't have sound ALWAYS gets handed back.

Hmmmm, queue thinking music.
AhsokaTano ()
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither of mine have sound but that was my preference. Ones with sound tend to drain even quicker than those without sound (batteries that is). Also at cons you can barely hear the sound anyway because of everyone around.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These going to be hilts only, so we have a prop we can hand to the kid in the hospital bed or on other general troops. To me if it makes the sounds it makes it seem much more 'real'. The batteries will also add weight to it and should last for ages because of not powering a blade.
I assume the sound boards can withstand being dropped given that people have been known to duel with them (which I nether condone or support).
Our robes aren't completed yet so I still have some thinking time.
stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey angelman for props I have two jedi cloaks and 2 light sabres so kids ( big and small ) can dress up for photos and that has goes over really well, I think that getting the sabres with blades will look better.

Also for hosp troops its probably not a good idea to give sick kids a prop and then give it to another sick kid then another...etc, unless you are going to wipe the hilt down with disinfectant after each kid has handled it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: