About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eba000c1afd68480c4368e6e39104872Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Imperial Knight Soft Parts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediSionnaTrekina ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for reference, I saw a material when I was at JoAnn Fabrics that was in the "costume collection". It had a leather look to it but was a lightweight material. I forgot to get a picture of the black one, but I picked up a brown version (for making new tabbards for my Jedi). I'll get a picture when I get home..
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In researching my Imperial Knight . I went in the direction of a fabric Clone Trooper body suit , it is a cotton suit , since currently I do not have plans to wear it for RL , this is more of a con costume,,,,

In regards to the body suit ... Leather is pretty straight forward , unfortuanatly the vader body suit is not accurate due to the number of quiltings that it has .. Imperial Knights have 8 so that does not match up ....

If you go leather .. look at what they have done in the vader suits in order to keep the temp down . some have mesh backs ....

In regards to other elements , only the visible parts need to be leather so you could also go a hybrid of leather and fabric... the parts that are not seen are fabric , whle the vidible parts are leather....

As to leather like , I think a good source owuld be look at hte vader costume , and see what others have used as an acceptable material choice ....

In your build what ever you choose remember , this will be a warm costume ,so find hte best material that will be the most breathable ...
miralys51 (Jackie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnius wrote:
In your build what ever you choose remember , this will be a warm costume ,so find hte best material that will be the most breathable ...

Oh yes, super warm, especially down here in lovely humid Florida, so I'm trying to locate acceptable materials that will be easier on the costumer than all leather.

Thanks for the tip, I will go see what the Vader folks are doing. I know they aren't the same undersuit, but it's a start!
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miralys51 wrote:
Magnius wrote:

Oh yes, super warm, especially down here in lovely humid Florida, so I'm trying to locate acceptable materials that will be easier on the costumer than all leather.

Thanks for the tip, I will go see what the Vader folks are doing. I know they aren't the same undersuit, but it's a start!

That's the trick really. The best fabric for this would be cottons, or linens or things that breath but they don't have a leather look to them at all. All the fabrics that look like leather or even leather-ish are normally polyester or rayon or some other synthetic fiber that doesn't breath at the best and at the worst trap heat inside AND doesn't breath. Leather is hot, but for leather or leather like material its be the best choice because it will breath. Peta likes to make the comment that you can make everything of leather from fake, but until they make me a fabric that truly gives me all that qualities of leather, sorry, but cow - its what's for clothing for me. LOL
JM Saber-Slinger (John-Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Legendary Costume Works Reply with quote

miralys51 wrote:
I got to speak with some IK folks at CVI, but wanted to post up here too. We're trying to get an IK build together at our Base in time for SWW next year.

The hard parts are not an issue but I am stumped for the soft parts. What are you doing for yours? Are you making it yourself? If so have you found a pattern that works better than others? Or are you farming it out to one of the folks who make Vader soft parts and asking them to make the required modifications?

Thanks for any input!

Have you tried Legendary Costume Works, formerly known as Lightspeed Imports?

http://www.corellianimports.com/characters.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Brayton and Amy very well from Legendary Costume Works. They do amazing work. I think if they had the pattern and measurements and some pics...they could easily build a proper costume. They did both of my Jedi outfits and both costumes fit very well and I was never even there...just mailed them my measurements. If you are looking for some people to do the costume for you...it can't hurt to give them a call. They are super awesome to work with. They aren't the cheapest in the world...but for the quality of work...it's so worth it.
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a response back from Amy at Legendary Costume Works. She said they could definitely do the soft parts. She was going to do some research and get back to me with a quote on what she thought it might cost. As for the exact design, I would let those that know better talk to her about it. She also said that they do both the male and female belts and have been doing them for a while and they'd give the RL a 10% discount on the belts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: