About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=21526be365dea07409d632d5fa7c0eb5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Legion & Make A Wish Foundation Charity EBAY Aucti
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Rebel Legion & Make A Wish Foundation Charity EBAY Aucti Reply with quote

TO ALL REBEL LEGION AND NON REBEL LEGION MEMBERS.

THIS IS A MOMENTOUS OCCASION!!! Never before have we offered REBEL LEGION merchandise up for auction on a public site.

This HUGE event happening within the Rebel Legion to benefit the Make A Wish Foundation on EBAY was sanctioned by Lucasfilm and the MAW foundation and was agreed upon by the Rebel Legion Command Staff, Council and LCO.

In 2012, the Rebel Legion decided to do a limited set of sketchcards of our members to commemorate Celebration VI in Orlando Florida. 14 world renowned and extremely talented artists generously donated their time and skills to create these one of a kind pieces of art. Each piece features a Rebel Legion member in their approved Star Wars costume. Once the art was completed it was compiled into sets only available to Rebel Legion members. With the approval of Lucasfilm™, the original art for the cards was to be auctioned off to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation® in hopes that the funds would bring joy to a child in need.

Since 1980, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® has enriched the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions through its wish-granting work. The Foundation's mission reflects the life-changing impact that a Make-A-Wish® experience has on children, families, referral sources, donors, sponsors, and entire communities.

Those artists included:
    Mikey Babinski
    Comic Book Inker
    Hailing from a “happening place” called Bradley, Illinois, he considers himself an inker rather than an artist. Besides seeing Michael’s art on the covers and pages of Marvel comic books, you’ll be able to see it in DC Comics Wonder Woman series. He has inked for Marvel, DC, Image, BOOM!... & worked on Star Wars Galaxy 7 and
    now Star Wars Galactic Files sketchcards.
    During the relaunch of DC's Wonder Woman in her new costume, he inked multiple issues of the comic as well as issues of JSA vs Kobra, and Power of Shazam. For Marvel, Michael has inked She-Hulks, X23, Hulk vs Dracula, an issue of Amazing Spider-Man, and some Deadpool covers. Where he has only been an inker for those big companies, he has done all the art for the sketchcards. Currently he has also contributed to the Diplomatic Mission Game being presented at Celebration VI and the Badge artwork for Rebel Legion members. You can view
    more of Mikey's work at:
    http://frisbeegod.deviantart.com/

Gina Canady
    501st Legion Member – Garrison TYRANUS
    artist
    Gina is an artist and illustrator who has been drawing and doodling for most of her life, but with new family took precedences and she left the field to tend to her three wonderful children. In 2005 when her youngest son started school, Gina decided it was time to relearn and become serious about her art. The following year, Orion’s Bell gaming asked her to create cards for their Wizard of Oz game. Unfortunately the economy crashed and the project was shelved, but this project provided a great learning experience and Gina’s introduction to digital painting.
    Gina has done many pieces for 501st Legion Charity projects as well as her local Garrison and Kilometers 4 Katie. She has done cards for Blue Line Art’s “Comics for Cures” sketch card auction for the American Cancer Society, SheVaCon’s fundraising auction and the Wonder Woman Day art auction for domestic violence shelters in New York and New Jersey. Her work appeared in 5Finity’s new Voltron art book released in December 2010.

Michael and Brita Capell
    MEMBERS: REBEL LEGION ROGUE BASE
    Michael and Brita Capell met many years ago in an illustration class, far far away, while undergraduates and have worked together illustrating, animating and designing ever since. They are both members of the Rebel and 501st Legions. Michael is currently the Commanding Officer of the RL Knights of the Jedi Order and a graphic design professor. Brita has developed a love for costume making in addition to painting. They are both active on the RL and 501st Trading Card Design Teams. They have worked together on illustrations that have been seen in a variety of publications, including Rolling Stone, Mac World, and Photoshop User magazines.

Jennifer Depaola
    MEMBER: REBEL LEGION FREEDOM BASE
    "I am Jenn DePaola - Artist & Star Wars fan. I've been drawing since my early childhood, many moons ago. My love of the arts began with cartoons as a child, moving on to comic books, and eventually to portraiture. I have always had a fascination with drawing, and just being creative in general. I'm primarily a digital artist using Photoshop and a Wacom tablet, although in the past year I have been working on sketch cards in traditional mediums; with Prismacolor Markers and Rapidograph pens. Digital gives me the freedom to paint more photo-realistic portraits without all of the fuss of art supplies, and the level of detail I'm able to achieve is phenomenal. While traditional supplies lend themselves to more of a "comic-realism" style that I've developed. It also gives me a break from portraiture and I'm able to relax my style a bit and get a little crazy with it, which is tons of fun. Currently, I'm working on personal commissions, official sketch card sets for Topps, and am also a co-founder and contributer to a podcast & blog - www.FanboysTalking.com. Also be sure to check out my website to see more of my art.
    www.JennDePaola.com"

Jan Duursema
    Comic Book Artist
    Jan is known for her realistic style of drawing, which has made her a fan-favorite and won her a solid fan base. While illustrating many Star Wars comics, Jan has collaborated with John Ostrander on Star Wars: Republic as well as Star Wars: Legacy. She is the co-creator of many popular characters, such the Twi'lek Jedi Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos from the Republic series and more recently—Cade Skywalker and Darth Talon from Legacy.
    Visit www.janduursema.com for more of her work and look her up on Facebook as well at:
    http://www.facebook.com/jan.duursema.7

Samantha Hallenus
    Member: Dagobah Base
    Painter
    A colorful and expressive painter, her work can be viewed in Louisiana Watercolor Society shows. She has participated in numerous community service art events including the WYES art auction, St. Louis Cathedral's Gala Auction hosted by Gayle Byrd of Huber House Gallery, and the Louisiana Children's Museum's Art Fest. She has published note cards based on her original paintings and has sold them to galleries and individuals in the area. Her body of work tends to be colorful and expressive and posters of her work can been viewed on amazon.com, art.com, and cafepress.com/samholidayfun. Samantha also teaches art to children in Jefferson Parish, New Orleans.

Janine Jender
    Member: Nar Shaddaa Base
    "I've received my artistic talents from father who passed away when I was a baby. I have only really started to draw about 6 years ago when I met my boyfriend. He has encouraged me throughout our relationship to keep at it. I mostly have been drawing Star Wars related art because of my fellow Rebel Legion/501st family. I do draw anime style as well. It shows up a lot in my Star Wars art. I'd like to someday be good enough for my father to look down on me from heaven and be proud knowing that his love for art lived on through me."

Jason Keith Phillips
    Sketch Card Artist
    A freelance artist, known for sketch card work with Topps, Upper Deck, Cryptozoic, Breygent, Bad Axe Studios, Sketch Card Studios, and Rittenhouse. Creator owned comic books in the works & coming soon. You can view more of Jason’s art at:
    www.mayonnaiseandbread.com
    www.facebook.com/mayonnaiseandbread
    https://twitter.com/MayoAndBread

Plinio Pinto
    ILLUSTRATOR
    Primarily known as an illustrator, Plinio’s depictions of celebrities and pop culture icons boast a portrait-like quality that emanates from the layer after layer of washes of carefully mixed in his watercolors. He earned his BFA from the Illustration Department at the Ringling College of Art and Design in Sarasota Florida and is the owner of Grape Soda Studio, Inc. in Orlando. Some of his recent clients include Steve Gonsalves and the TAPS Paramagazine as well as Playboy Enterprises. He welcomes costumers and the like to his studio to watch him work on new pieces.
    For more of Plinio’s work, visit:
    http://www.grapesodastudio.com/home.html or http://www.facebook.com/grapesodastudio

Bill Pulkovski
    Illustrator
    Growing up on the urban streets of Detroit, Bill was surrounded by a diverse environment and eclectic cultures. Influences of comic books, music and film began to shape his young mind and artwork. Armed with a degree in Art for Advertising from Macomb College, his work is now rooted in realism and taps into both the heart and fringes of popular culture to reflect expressive color, arresting composition and an exciting energy. Today, Bill is an entertainment illustrator and designer. His work can be found in comic books, trading cards, prints and film. He has worked for or on properties such as Lucasfilm LTD., Star Wars, Topps, Paramount Pictures, Marvel, Shot in The Dark Comics, Factory Entertainment and AMC.
    For more of Bill’s work visit:
    http://www.billpulkovski.com/

Beck Seashols
    Sketch Card Artist
    Beck Seashols is known for her “cute” drawing style, turning things that shouldn’t be cute and cuddly into huggable, adorkable doodles.
    Beck is a self-taught cartoonist, illustrator and author working and living in Roanoke, Virginia.
    In 2008, her first children’s book was published, in 2009 she began work in the sketch card community and in 2010 started drawing the webcomic “Sweeten Village” with her writing partner Brad Duncan. You can usually find Beck drawing up a storm at numerous East Coast conventions.
    For more of Beck’s art visit:
    www.beckadoodles.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Beckadoodlestheartofcute
    twitter.com/beckadoodles

Jamie Snell
    Sketch Card Artist
    Born and breed in the heartland of Columbus, Ohio. Jamie is a graduate of Columbus College of Art and Design he has pursued his artistic career as a freelancer. Jamie was the freelance artist who produced “sketch cards” for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars tie-in trading card set released by Topps Entertainment in 2008. Jamie has also done drawings in the Transformers Beast Wars source book for IDW Publishing, Pencils/inks for a short story in the Cereal and Pajamas anthology for Ape Entertainment to inking a short story in the Harvey Award winner for Best Anthology- Popgun vol.1 from Image Comics.

Thomas Spanos
    501st Legion Member – Midwest Garrison
    artist
    Thomas exercises his passion for sculpture and performance art through costuming. His likeness has appeared in the Star Wars Insider, toy packaging, and in the comic series Star Wars Legacy as Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg. The artist is also contributing to the As You Wish Helmet Project at Celebration VI with his entry “The HRG Trooper.”

Visit www.paralada.org for more of Thomas’s work.

Scott Zambellli
    Sketch Card Artist
    Scott became an official licensed Star Wars artist when he was picked up to join in the "Star Wars: Clone Wars - Rise of the Bounty Hunters" sketchcard series by Topps. In addition to that, he has also worked on series for Breygent Marketing. Scott's rapid move through the ranks of sketch card artist is a testiment to not only his skills as an artist, but also his consistancy in quality and dependability to make deadlines. When he is not working on various freelance work, Scott focuses much of his attention on his company, “Studio Three16”, where he and his team of artists work to create Christian inspired works of all mediums.
    For more of Scott’s work, look him up at:
    http://www.theartofscott.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/scott.zambelli

Some of these artists were in attendance at Celebration VI and each one of them received a set of the cards.
Featured in these auctions are a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" Original piece of art featuring various members in his/her approved costume from the Prequel Trilogy, Original Trilogy, Clone Wars and Expanded Universe. The artwork was created specifically for this set and is a 1 of 1 piece.
Along with the originial piece of art, you will get the actual printed sketchcard from the set it was created for. On the back of each printed card is a place for the artist to sign the card as well as a bio about the artist.

100% of the money from these auctions will go directly to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation.
We hope you will keep an eye out for each of the auctions as they will be happening over the next month or so.
Please help the Rebel Legion help kids in need by bidding on these one of a kind pieces of art.

You can search EBAY by
    ARTIST NAME (EX. Plinio Pinto )
    Rebel Legion
    Make A Wish Foundation

and be able to find them.

You can also find them by their Character name which is in the title.
They are 7 day auctions and starting bid is $25 for most pieces with a few no higher than $40 for the cover art and larger pieces, with 100% of the funds going to the Make a Wish Foundation.

Here is a link to one such auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMIE-SNELL-Rebel-Legion-Phase-2-Captain-Rex-Sketchcard-Make-A-Wish-Foundation-/261129035482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccc80deda

OUr EBAY username is rebellegion as well and you can search for other items listed under that.
We will run a couple artists at a time, so keep an eye out.

Thank you in advance
The Rebel Legion

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread will change as the auctions go up.
Here are the cards currently up for auction:

Plinio Pinto

---------------------------------------
Jamie Snell

Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarification, are we to assume that the cards and artwork that are pictured above are the ones up for auction at that time?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lumpy wrote:
Just for clarification, are we to assume that the cards and artwork that are pictured above are the ones up for auction at that time?

Yes. Currently the ones pictured above are the ones up for auction.
Once those auctions end the next batch will go up.
There are 200 cards and 2 pieces of Mikey Babinski's art from the cover card and the Diplomatic Mission game

I am really hoping that each person pictured will make an effort to get the card of themselves.
I know you were drawn by Bill Pulkovski and there might have been another.
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good.
I knew about the one from Bill (that's actually me and his daughter from a fundraiser event we did on his card) but I'll have to look at my set and see if I can recognize myself on another. Wink

Thanks for all the work that I'm sure went into putting this together!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem....its a shame that currently we have 35 cards up for auction and only 3 have bids on them. I thought for sure that the people pictured would want their original sketch.
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of the costumers been contacted directly, that the (their) cards are up for auction? Some people who log-in seldomly, once a week or so, may not even know the auctions are happening.

The title "Rebel Legion & Make A Wish Foundation Charity EBAY Aucti" does not catch any attention as a sale of the original card art. It's just too easily overlooked.

I would make a locked pointer/redirect post, cross-publicizing this thread into the "Rebel Legion Trading Cards", " Legion Merchandise Currently Available", "Rebels With A Cause" and "Star Wars Celebration VI" child boards.

This way you hit all of the related interests traffic:
Official/Approved Product for sale
Trading Cards for sale
Charity/Fundraising sale
CVI Related Goods for sale

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrooperPX wrote:
Have any of the costumers been contacted directly, that the (their) cards are up for auction? Some people who log-in seldomly, once a week or so, may not even know the auctions are happening.

The title "Rebel Legion & Make A Wish Foundation Charity EBAY Aucti" does not catch any attention as a sale of the original card art. It's just too easily overlooked.

I would make a locked pointer/redirect post, cross-publicizing this thread into the "Rebel Legion Trading Cards", " Legion Merchandise Currently Available", "Rebels With A Cause" and "Star Wars Celebration VI" child boards.

This way you hit all of the related interests traffic:
Official/Approved Product for sale
Trading Cards for sale
Charity/Fundraising sale
CVI Related Goods for sale

Well we did send out 2 mass emails. One with the description and the other with a corrected link.
I can make those locked posts as long as I have permission.

EDIT:
I have placed locked posts in
Celebration VI
Rebel Briefing
Rebels for a Cause
RL Merchandise Available

Thanks
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little over 24 hours on the Plinio Pinto Cards
Suzijedi (Suzanne Stelling)
Base Command Liaison

Medals: 7 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel- it looks like the Jamie Snell A-Wing pilot is listed twice?
Rebel Legion UK
501st UK Garrison
This bounty hunter is my kind of scum....fearless and inventive.
RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shared the Sketch Card Sale on Puerto Rico Base Facebook Page, all Bases that have Facebook pages should promote the sale also, to spread the word . . .

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrapin posted up on ours as soon as they started.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzijedi wrote:
Joel- it looks like the Jamie Snell A-Wing pilot is listed twice?

thats because there are two A-wing pilots up for Jamie Snell

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261129025416

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261129758208

Is it only showing one?
The Clone Emperor (Thomas John Spanos)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: ¡For MAW! Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

I promoted the 501st's contirbutions to the As You Wish Helmet Project at Celebration VI.

In the year leading up to the fund raiser I learned many lessons about the process. In some ways, I feel the 501st could have done a lot more for the Make-A-Wish foundation with just a little more effort and judicious promotion.

I also contributed to this project;

Now that this auction is live, I see some opportunities to promote it passing by. I would like to make a few suggestions that I hope will both honour the efforts of all the artists who donated their tyme, and bring the greatest return for the Make=-A-Wish Foundation.

1. This event, and a direct link to the auctions needs to be on the public front page of the Rebel Legion. A "read more" link should go to the RL news page and expound upon the project.

2. RL News needs to promote this project and the auction link as well.

3. Social Media wins the race. There is currently NO MENTION of this auction on the official Rebel Legion Facebook Page. This is where most folk will hear about the project, and launch bids. The admin of the page needs to post information about the auctions, and create a gallery of the auctioned cards. Preferably with links to each auction. If the admin of the RL FB page is reading this and feels the work suggested is overwhelming--sign me up as a co-admin and I will do it.

4. It would not be beyond the pale to create a Face Book page soley for this Rebel Legion charity projects of this kind.

5. Contact Rebelscum.com. News of this kind of auction is the sort of feature Rebelscum lives for.

The goal of this project was not to get portraits of Rebel Legion members made up, but to share the inspiration from movie, to costumer, to artist in order to bring a nice donation to The Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Be well,
Thomas
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions Thomas.

Just as an FYI I did post the information on the Rebel Legion Facebook page but unfortunately it just looks like someone in general posted it instead of it coming FROM the Rebel Legion.
http://www.facebook.com/therebellegion/posts/10151266691338205

I thought that that was going to happen but obv not yet

With regards to other locations online, I sent an email to EVERY member of Rebelscum.com TWICE with NO RESPONSE
'D. Martin Myatt' <dave@cooltoyreview.com>; 'news1@rebelscum.com'; 'philip@rebelscum.com'
I also sent the same information to everyone over at THEFORCE.net
costumes@theforce.net, tfncollecting@theforce.net, forcecast@forcecast.net, contact4@theforce.net
with the same results...NOTHING POSTED

I even sent a PM and email to Kris (501st CO) and then had to send a PM to his LXO before any response came through and it was a one sentence thing saying I could post.

I would love to see a page created just for this Auction on Facebook. I have even gone through and sent messages to the Artists whose cards were currently up online in hopes that they would help promote it.
AND I sent an email to Mary Franklin AND your contact with MAW but they will not post anything about it on their site.

I WOULD like to see a post on the MAIN REBEL LEGION front page but I am not able to make those changes, one Crimson can.
If you know of any other place that you can post or if you want to try and put a bug in the ears of Rebelscum and THEFORCE.net by all means.

The whole reason for this WAS to raise money for MAW and there are a lot of people watching the auctions but noone is bidding.

What else can I do that I havent already done or TRIED to do. Neutral

It really bothers me that I have gone out of my way to make
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: