About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f6be2f4f27c5b7139438d5a5054da40Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Rebel Newbie Reply with quote

Hi Rebels
I just joined the forum too after being mightily impressed by your group (and the Redback Garrison) at Supernova in Brisbane.

I have no idea how to start the process rolling to be a member except I need a costume right??

I'm based in Brisbane are there ones you need or characters you don't?

I guess I'm looking to ease into this, I've only worn a Leia costume to a few Christmas parties, nothing to the extent you guys go to....

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Rach Rolling Eyes
stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Rach I was one of the Redbacks Cool at SupaNova.

Yes you will need a costume and be 18 to become a full member of the Rebel Legion, but that doesn't mean you can't come along to events and help out.

Firstly you should pick a costume that you like, if its Princess Leia thats great, but her costumes are generally limited to the ones seen in the movies . Another well liked costume build are Jedi's, as you have a bit of leeway to make them in colors that you like.

Depending on your sewing skills you can make on yourself or their are people around Brisbane ( and worldwide ) who could make it for you. And you can find more information on builds and suppliers in the main forums

Good luck and hope to see you around sometime.
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thanks!
I was so impressed by the set up at Supernova and talking to you guys...well the Rebels mostly! I got my pic taken in a robe with a Scout...

I understand a lot of folk join the Tatooine Rebels AND the Redback Garrison? I guess it makes sense.

What sort of costumes are you looking for, with the Redbacks?

Can you go along to an event as a 'civilian' and check out what happens?

What's coming up? So many questions...sorry!

Cheers
Rach
Shocked
oigen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Rachael glad you made it

Here in Queensland we love our local redback garrison. The Redbacks are all 501st costumes which are all "bad guy" characters.

Here in the Rebel Legion we pride ourselves in working on the good guy costumes. Its good to see that you are interested in Leia costumes as there is lots of information out there.

A lot of good build threads on senatorial characters can be found here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23.

There are always plenty events to have cadets along to help out so I will be sure to let you know when they are upcoming.

Never worry about asking too many questions as we are all here to help.
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thanks Ashley!
I feel quite privileged to have made it even this far...I had no idea how involved and detailed this all is and what amazing work you guys do! I loved looking at the event pics and special events! Just awesome, I'd love to be part of it.

A Leia outfit was just an idea....I like Boushh and Leia's Bespin outfit but I also like the Jedi robes....

I guess being Qld based they all get a bit hot in summer! Especially the costumes requiring a helmet?!

Anyway, yes I'd be really happy to come along to an event and if you need a 'civilian' to help out (I'm used to helping at things, good with people, comms etc) ...please let me know if I can help out. In the meantime I'll start looking at the info on a costume...cool!

Cheers
Rach
Laughing
stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rach you dont need to have costume for both groups as at Supanova we have a Yin/Yang thing going somtimes youll find a lot of good guys and a few bad ones at other times you will see a lot of bad guys and only a few good ones.

There are a few costumes that can be used for both groups mainly Jawas and Clone troopers, but there is also a female pilot called Juno Eclipse who is also approved for both.

And dont worry around here it is always better to ask too many questions than not enough, Laughing
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Yes I do get I don't need a good guy and bad guy costume..

Glad you all seem to be up for questions...I have plenty!
Cheers
Rach
Surprised
M.J

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya rach welcome to Tatooine base. Very Happy
Jediprincess ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

Check out my costumes.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9538

Might give you some ideas.

Be great to have some more girls.
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thanks!
Yep I need lots of help with costume ideas and such. This is all new to me...I appreciate the responses. Awesome!
Cheers
Rach
Laughing
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Rach. Welcome on over to Tatooine base.

I haven't read what everyone else has posted but I'm sure I'm about to repeat it.

You do whatever costume you love the most. And then from there, trust us, you'll probably end up doing a whole lot more.
Seems though Princess Leia might be the way to go. I see Jediprincess has posted a link to her collection, she might be the one for you to talk to in regards to a Leia. Another idea is to go through the costume standards.
http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php
It's a big list, but you might find something in there you are interested in. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Rach, glad you could make it Tatooine Base. There are plenty of Redback members here and visa versa, one big happy family. Except for being on oppsite sides. Very Happy

The 501st and Rebels are very active up here, so it might help if you sign up the Redback forums as well. A lot of upcoming troops are posted up there as well as Armour Parties AP's. Would be great if you could come along to see what we do and get a few ideas

JediPrincess hs pointed you in the right direction, so ask as many questions as you like.

Enjoy, Sniper
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rach
Welcome to Tatooine Smile
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thanks Everyone!
I haven't done a thing yet and I already feel welcome!

Thanks for all the advice and even though its a bit daunting I'm looking forward to getting started. Ash has suggested I might be a 'wrangler' for an event or two while I get myself sorted with a costume.... I had no idea how much detail goes into everything!

And I'm taking my hat off to all of you amazing guys and girls that give up your free time in your busy lives to help others, entertain, grant wishes and work for charity! Even though you do it cause you also enjoy it! You're all an inspiration!

And to think 2 weeks ago I had no idea this all even existed!!!

Looking forward to meeting you some of you in the near future and joining in all the fun!

Cheers
Rach
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: