About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5db177067824d6c2b6fa8db67f6a6749Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Richmond VA Christmas Parade 12/1/12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Richmond VA Christmas Parade 12/1/12 Reply with quote

With permission from Ed, here is the information about the Parade in Richmond:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40535

We would love to have some TB members....and I know you have one on the next day and if someone wants to post in our threads to see about members attending please go right ahead.
Hopefully we can get a few going each direction

SEEKING ANY R2 BUILDERS FOR THIS EVENT.We have access to a truck in order to put the droids in. If you would like to come and join us and have an R2 unit you can ride in the truck with the droid. Even if the droid isnt completely operational it would be great to have a couple in the back of the truck for show.
The Richmond Christmas Parade is scheduled for 12/1/12 this year, at 10 AM!

The website for the parade is at http://richmondparade.com/

Here are the details:

The date this year is SATURDAY DECEMBER 1ST, 2012 AT 10:00AM
The Parade will depart from the Science Museum on West Broad Street at 10am and continues East until ending on Seventh Street around noon. Last year's holiday event attracted more than 250,000 spectators from all over Virginia, with thousands more watching a live television broadcast. It is the largest single day event of the year in Virginia. This year's Parade will have huge high-flying balloons, elaborate floats, star spangled marching bands and as always, SANTA CLAUS!
The route is about 2 miles in length down the main thoroughfare in Richmond
This past year, both the Rebel Legion and the 501st marched in the parade.

We are considering this a Medium profile event, meaning, this is an official Rebel Legion event that does not involve Lucasfilm Ltd. and is for RL promotion or charity. A formal costume is the requirement unless otherwise requested/permitted.
All decisions regarding costume types for events are up to the Base Commander, Event Coordinator, the Rebel Legion Event Officer, and Legion Council.

Just like last year we will try to have an RL Dinner the night before and a lunch after the march. And just like last year, we will need to be there around 8 AM in order to be counted for the event.

We had an incredible turnout with about 30-32 showing up and outnumbering the 501st.

Just to give a little background:
This parade is sort of like Richmond's version of the Rose Bowl Parade in California. The Parade is broadcast LIVE on the local PBS network of Richmond, and will be rebroadcast on Christmas Day and will be ON DEMAND from COMCAST.
TV: The Parade is broadcast LIVE on WTVR-CBS 6 the day of the parade from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.

A few years ago a small group of RL and 501st did an interview with CBS 6 and it went over great and we had a fabulous time doing it.

Here is the link to the parade info and pics from the past ones:
http://www.richmondchristmasparade.org/

I am hoping we can get everyone from last year as well as more from neighboring bases. As always the more the merrier.
I will be extending this invite to Terrapin Base and anyone in Freedom Base can invite others to join in as long as it is anApproved Rebel Legion Costume

If you are interested in joining in the Reindeer Games just like last year, post your interest and we will go from there.
It would be great to see some of the folks that werent able to attend last year, be able to come this year.

I would love to see a good sized group this year, especially with the addition of some of our newest and returning members.

Please lets please try to keep this to one Face Character per movie/costume
Example....
you can have multiple Leias as long as they are in different costumes and such...no 2 EP 4 Leias in the White Gown, but we can have
ANH Leia in Death Star white gown
ANH Leia in Ceremonial outfit
ROTJ Leia Bousch
ROTJ Endor Leia
ROTJ Ewok Encampment outfit

You get the drift...
same with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Han, Luke, Padme, etc., etc.

Thanks

Thanks in advance and lets make this one bigger and better than last year. Very Happy

STAY POSTED FOR MORE INFORMATION
Yeo Kero (Charles Wright)
Terrapin Base CO
Terrapin Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Ep 3 Obi-Wan Kenobi, A'Sharad, and Generic Jedi and am thinking about making the trip this year (as I am on vacation that week) any suggestions on nice hotels close by?

Terrapin Base Commanding Officer
2013 Annapolis Comic Con 1st place costume winner
Lord Warden of the Royal Privies
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be wonderful. We already have an ep 3 obi wan with john ari in Freedom Base. Your A'Sharad would be fantastic.
There is a comfort inn on Broad street (midtown location) that is cheap and good rooms. It is only about a mile from the muster site and one of us coming in can probably pick you up or if you come in Friday night and meet us at our pre parade dinner I can get you a parking pass, or if you want I can give you directions to the shuttle lot at the end of the route. I will post where the hotel is and where parking is as well.
If you want to.bring others by all means.
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on the Freedom Base side as well, but I would still like to go, however I won't know until that week if my schoolwork will be manageable or not enough to take off on Saturday. If it turns out my workload is light, I'll still need to find a ride and a hotel at the last minute. Charles, if you go, it looks like you'd pass through Silver Spring. If it turns out I can go after all, can I catch a ride with you?

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we currently dont have an ANH Leia. If you are able to come down it would be great.
We have an ANH Leia in the Base but unsure of her being able to attend.
Please let us know.
thanks
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do! I'll let you know as it gets closer. And if your regular Leia does attend, I've still got my pilot and Tatooine Padme on this end of the country with me.

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Terrapin Base CO
Terrapin Base CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent Jenna

Terrapin Base CO
Terrapin Base CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going, also posted on Freedom Base's boards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: