About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=97791cbb648eddb8ace610aa8a9eadfdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP Threads Highly Recommended - and fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: WIP Threads Highly Recommended - and fun! Reply with quote

If you are making a Jedi costume to submit for approval, It is very helpful to both you and us judges if you post a project thread in this forum. It's also a lot of fun showing off your work in progress, and we really love seeing the work that goes into your build. We are always here to offer praise, pointers and direction as your Jedi project progresses.

Also, it doesn't hurt to give us a closer look at all the details as they are coming together, and since we have already seen the costume can really streamline the eventual approval process.

So go ahead and show it off as you're putting it together. We love it! Very Happy

~ Vonnor
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. And not just in the Jedi section, but in all of the other sections as well. As a pilot costume judge I can't count how many times there have been costumes that have been in the queue that had some issues that could have easily been avoided if the person had posted on the forum, asked some questions and posted pictures of their progress. It saves us judges time and the costumers time and money!

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, getting feedback on your progress is fun! Everybody wins!

(Not an LCJ, I just like making build threads.)

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

My Etsy shop: Sew Corellian
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxtom Inau had a pretty complete WIP, and his costume is based on the templates used in making my approved costume, also with a complete WIP. His photos were submitted on Saturday, Australian time, and his approval came through first thing Monday morning. A big thanks to Phyllis Schulte for apparently approving him on an American Sunday, the fastest approval I have heard of!

Having said that, I believe that all the effort put into both WIPs went a long way towards a nice streamlined approval process, and the experience gained from participating in several approval shoots made me know exactly which shots I wanted to take for Foxtom to put in for approval. So, as someone who has gone in a few months from not being a costumer to a senior member in a rapidly growing Jedi group, I thoroughly recommend to everyone to put in a WIP, and if possible, get the help of someone who has participated in an approval shoot to take the photos and help assemble the application.

Tython Base Facebook Page
Hollis DZC ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, WIP posts can be a blast! Adjusting details as you make the costume, etc.

I'd also encourage posting on such threads, as it's a bitter disappointment when no one posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: