About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c19e656bf252ccfb9b38fea4d7db5cb9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Holiday Get-Together Anyone? Possible SW Ep.IV,V Guest!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Want to have one?
Yes, definitely, either day works
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Yes, definitely, could only attend Saturday Dec 15th
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Yes, definitely, could only attend Sunday Dec 16th.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, cannot attend
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, do not wish to attend
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 5
Total Votes : 5
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

StarWarsDave (Dave Turnbull)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Holiday Get-Together Anyone? Possible SW Ep.IV,V Guest! Reply with quote

I am proposing an idea for a Holiday Get-Together on either December 15 or 16th in the Frederick or surrounding area.

Why? To get-together and because there is a slight possibility that I will be able to get Steve Cooper to attend. He was in the art department of SW Ep. IV and V, just a few cubicles down from Ralph McQuarrie. He lives in Maryland, but will have limited time home for the holidays, as he will be home from a movie that he is the Art Director for. Most currently, he was the Art Director for X-Men: First Class. His bio- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178394/ .

He emailed me and said that he would be interested in an informal get-together with the our base, pending the date and his tight schedule. If not this time, he may be interested in coming to something else in the future, but he is only home for about 3 months of the year. I have met him a few times, exchange emails regarding his films he is working occasionally, and I will be chatting with him again at a party we both attend every year. He has some interesting stories to tell regarding SW behind the scenes.

So, if anyone is interested, please let me know. Also, if you have any ideas for where to have it, please post. I may be able to have it at my house, except space will be a bit crowded, especially if we are in costume. Also, to keep costs low, we could do pot luck for food/bev. Another idea would be to have a fixed value random gift exchange, by just getting something extra from our collections, etc.

Just a thought. If it doesn't happen, no big deal.

Thanks
Dave

www.facebook.com/StarWarsDave
www.facebook.com/SWDsCosplay
www.starwarsdave.com
darthig88 (Ed Bartlebaugh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 15th works for me, It might be a good Idea to look into some places to eat and see how many can they seat at one time, and if we may need to make reservations...
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested, but it will depend on what Toys for Tots events we end up having.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't consider that. Being new I have no idea what the Toys for Tots campaign entails. When and where does this usually take place?

www.starwarsdave.com
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting around mid Nov. we will start getting a lot of requests for appearances at Toys for Tots events. They haven't come in yet, so we don't know. Is there any other time of year when we could meet him?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Grubbzilla ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to do it if nothing else just to hang out with people. However does it have to be Frederick? It's a fine town and all but most of us don't live anywhere near there and for some people it's going to be nigh on impossible to get there.
padawan_rachael (Rachael James)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is an excellent idea Smile fredrick is really far for me as well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why it was to be Frederick is that Steve Cooper lives in the Frederick area. If I have any chance at getting him to go, we should make it convenient for him.

I am not getting much interest in people doing this, so I am thinking of making this a quasi-Rebel Legion event. By that I mean I may just throw a small party at my home with my local Star Wars friends (most not part of any group, but one a member of the 501st and one Mandos), invite Terrapin Base, a few local "celebrities", and invite Steve. If Steve cannot attend, I can cancel, or if someone wants to take over and have it closer to B'more. If he can attend and I get too many bodies coming, I can look into moving it elsewhere. I also think it will will just be a get-together with snacks (no meal). I am going to email Steve and check on his availablilty.

I really think that the group needs to consider that Frederick is the second biggest metropolitan area in Maryland, and that it is mostly an untapped resource for members and people who could use our charity. Our group is small and could benefit from expanding to other parts of Maryland. I thouht this would be a good way to start.

Thoughts?

Dave

www.starwarsdave.com
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, we actually do several very large events in Frederick every year. Not sure why you think we avoid Frederick? Rachel doesn't drive, so any event is far for her unless one of us is swinging by that way.

Like I told you before, it is a VERY busy season for us. There are already Toys for Tots events popping up, we have the parades, and with it being Dec. we all have family obligations as well. There just aren't enough weekends in Dec. for us to do everything that we want. It's not that we don't want to meet the guy, we're all just already getting swamped with our schedules for the month.

Is he available anytime in Jan? Things usually quiet down for us around that time.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just emailed him for his availability, but generally he is only home for the holidays and currently is in the middle of shooting a Mark Wahlberg film.

Being new I was not aware of any Frederick events or other members. Sorry, I was just was just trying to stir up interest in my area so I did not feel "Solo" Smile. Are there any members nearby? It is hard to tell as many do not publish their city.

All is good; I will update you when I hear back. My feeling is that this likely will not happen, but I will be seeing him on Dec 26th and will discuss any possible future options.
Ed suggested I put him in for honorary, but I think I probably should have him at an event first. See you at the parade!?
Dave

www.starwarsdave.com
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wants to come on the 15th. I will talk to Ed and let you all know if it is going to happen. I am holding off putting him in for honorary, until after we can do this, as this would be his first event.
Thank you,
Dave

www.starwarsdave.com
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wants to come on the 15th. I will talk to Ed and let you all know if it is going to happen. I am holding off putting him in for honorary, until after we can do this, as this would be his first event.
Thank you,
Dave

www.starwarsdave.com
Grubbzilla ()
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your the only one that's that far west. I'm up for the 15th, just need directions and times and all that and I'll be good Smile
Grubbzilla ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it ok for me to post this up on the OLG board since I'm sure there are some folks who would like to come that aren't joint members
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Sorry. It is not a definite yet, and it likely will be at either my home or small location. I was going to get a hall, but only have six commitments so far.
Stay tuned...
Dave

www.starwarsdave.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: