About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=de7547e86d9eac91eaf310618bb4a3a8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lando Calrissian (ESB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, he look perfect! Congratulations and I am looking forward to seeing him become a member - he makes a superb Lando.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Angelariel (Angela Anderson-Cobb)
Great Lakes Base XO
Great Lakes Base XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Very Happy He was quite a hit this weekend, especially with the ladies. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is our Lando, from Puerto Rico Base, recently approved Very Happy

Now THAT dragon frabric really does the trick.

I'm searching high and low with every supplier of fabrics for it. As soon as I find it. I'll buy the whole roll, to have it available for anyone interested in buying this fabric, to make or upgrade their Lando's costume.

Wink

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furiafelina wrote:
This is our Lando, from Puerto Rico Base, recently approved Very Happy

Now THAT dragon frabric really does the trick.

I'm searching high and low with every supplier of fabrics for it. As soon as I find it. I'll buy the whole roll, to have it available for anyone interested in buying this fabric, to make or upgrade their Lando's costume.

Wink

Very Proud of Carlos our Lando! Great Job! Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
So I spent some time with my wife looking at the standards and this is what we came up with for a compromise.

Let me know what you think...

Lando Calrissian (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Bespin)
Required Items:
  1. Tailored-fit shirt with long full sleeves of a medium blue matte fabric. The sleeves are gathered to narrow cuffs, with a narrow band collar and placket of a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather.
  2. Tailored plain-front pants of a dark navy matte fabric.
  3. Wide belt with narrow trapezoidal sections of a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather. The central section, or “buckle”, of the belt has an embossed Art Deco-like zig-zag pattern.
  4. Low-heeled, plain, tailored ankle or mid-calf boots in a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather.
  5. Full circle cape of a medium blue matte fabric, lined in a burnished gold Asian brocade in a dense “dragon” pattern, with a wide fold-over collar of a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather. The cape should end below the knees.
  6. Wrist communicator consisting of a thick square silver face with red, silver and black button details attached to a plain black band. The communicator is worn with the silver face on the inside of the wrist.

SoloYT1300 wrote:
Feel free to edit the changes you would like to see Ineabelle... I figured you have probably done the most research on the costume, you should have the best insight on it.

Based on what you have written, we can then talk about it... then send it off to the standards committee for final tweaks.

Good work so far!

Good team work indeed, so know that I'm back from CVI and rested enough, it's back to work on this one.

Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we currently have...

Quote:
Required Items:
Blue cape with collar and paisley/patterned lining
Blue shirt with darker blue cuffs and collar
Blue belt
Dark blue pants
Dark blue/black shoes
Winning smile

Now comparing that to the new update we've been working on...

First Attempt
Quote:
So this would be good for an update of this costume's standard...

Required Items:
Blue cape with dark navy blue/near black collar in leather-like material and dragon/patterned brocade gold color fabric lining .
Blue shirt with dark navy blue/near black cuffs and collar in leather-like material.
Dark navy blue/near balck belt in leather-like material
Dark navy blue/near balck pants
Dark blue/black shoes 70’s style boots with high heels
Winning smile

Optional Items:
wrist comm ( http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/06/Lando_TESB30.jpg )
BLASTER (E-11 blaster rifle or DH-17 blaster pistol)

Second Attempt
Quote:
Required Items:

Tailored-fit shirt with long full sleeves of a medium blue matte fabric. The sleeves are gathered to narrow cuffs, with a narrow band collar and placket of a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather.

Tailored plain-front pants of a dark navy matte fabric.

Wide belt with narrow trapezoidal sections of a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather. The central section, or “buckle”, of the belt has an embossed Art Deco-like zig-zag pattern.

Low-heeled, plain, tailored ankle or mid-calf boots in a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather.

Full circle cape of a medium blue matte fabric, lined in a burnished gold Asian brocade in a dense “dragon” pattern, with a wide fold-over collar of a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather. The cape should end below the knees.

Wrist communicator consisting of a thick square silver face with red, silver and black button details attached to a plain black band. The communicator is worn with the silver face on the inside of the wrist.

Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Required Items:

1. Tailored-fit shirt with long full sleeves of a medium blue matte fabric. The sleeves are gathered to narrow cuffs, with a narrow band collar and placket of a dark ink blue leather or pleather.
  3. Wide belt with narrow trapezoidal sections of a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather. The central section, or “buckle”, of the belt has an embossed Art Deco-like zig-zag pattern.
  4. Low-heeled, plain, tailored ankle or mid-calf boots in a black or dark ink blue leather or pleather.
  5. Full circle cape of a medium blue matte fabric, lined in a burnished gold Asian brocade in a dense “dragon” pattern, with a wide fold-over collar of a dark ink blue leather or pleather. The cape should end below the knees.

Wrist communicator consisting of a thick square silver face with red, silver and black button button details attached to a plain black band. The communicator is worn with the silver face on the inside of the wrist.

So, do we make the communicator required then?

It would be good to have reference pictures to back up every detail of this costume, if anyone has good exhibit pics, please!! add them here. Let's build the best library of reference pics, etc. for our costumes.

theeviltwin ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furiafelina wrote:
Quote:

Required Items:

1. Tailored-fit shirt with long full sleeves of a medium blue matte fabric. The sleeves are gathered to narrow cuffs, with a narrow band collar and placket of a dark ink blue leather or pleather.
  5. Full circle cape of a medium blue matte fabric, lined in a burnished gold Asian brocade in a dense “dragon” pattern, with a wide fold-over collar of a dark ink blue leather or pleather. The cape should end below the knees.

Wrist communicator consisting of a thick square silver face with red, silver and black button button details attached to a plain black band. The communicator is worn with the silver face on the inside of the wrist.

So, do we make the communicator required then?

It would be good to have reference pictures to back up every detail of this costume, if anyone has good exhibit pics, please!! add them here. Let's build the best library of reference pics, etc. for our costumes.

My opinion is that if it is part of the costume, it should be required. I've not been able to do the research but if it is correct that Lando always has the wrist communicator on, then it should be a requirement.

One small change to your amendments - Lando's pants are pocketless and this should be in the requirements both to promote accuracy and educate members when building the costume (I didn't know Han pants had a pin tuck until I read the requirements and I'm glad that was in there so I could make sure I had the accuracy I wanted). So I think the line should be:
"Tailored plain-front pocketless pants of a dark navy matte fabric."

Adding pictures to the standards would be great and I think needs to be done for all costumes. There's no reason why we can't update the written standards first then add the pictures later though.

When you are happy with the amendments, I'll post them on the standards committee forums for review and sign off from our DCO, the LMO, etc.

Thanks and well done everyone for all the work and effort.
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys do we all agree on this?
Made the last adjustment to the pants and wristcomm as pointed out by theeviltwin.

I guess this one's ready for revision.

Furiafelina wrote:

Required Items:

2. Tailored plain-front pocketless pants of a dark navy matte fabric.
  6. Wrist communicator consisting of a thick square silver face with red, silver and black button button details attached to a plain black band. The communicator is worn with the silver face on the inside of the wrist.

Last edited by Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez) on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now doing some research about wrist communicator Wink

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Blair

Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furiafelina wrote:
thanks Blair

So ... I finished it few minutes ago ... and result is ... there are only 2 scenes in whole movie where we can see, that Lando is wearing wrist communicator ... in another (around 12) scenes not Smile Few scenes also not providing full detail view ...

So, I would like to suggest this item as optional Wink ...

For all of this statements, I can/will provide visual guide as part of Source gallery on our DB94 site Wink ... http://db94.rebellegion.com/?cat=11 ... in few days ...

RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:
Furiafelina wrote:
thanks Blair

So ... I finished it few minutes ago ... and result is ... there are only 2 scenes in whole movie where we can see, that Lando is wearing wrist communicator ... in another (around 12) scenes not Smile Few scenes also not providing full detail view ...

So, I would like to suggest this item as optional Wink ...

For all of this statements, I can/will provide visual guide as part of Source gallery on our DB94 site Wink ... http://db94.rebellegion.com/?cat=11 ... in few days ...

optional sounds good! hope to see more Landos on the legion soon Smile

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is ... http://db94.rebellegion.com/?p=1455 ... source gallery for Lando Bespin costume Wink ...

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I saw this one on the DB94... if its not on there you might want to add it. Shows one of his wrist comms pretty good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: