About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b4bd432e20ec5f46a02d05637ffd2426Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Cerean female Jedi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Cerean female Jedi Reply with quote

This was to be a citizen of the republic but decided to make it a jedi.

Got the wig that fits well with the reference picture...

Now for the costume I have decided to go "ki adi mundi" with it, I have a question about the hood on ki adi mundi's "vest"...
I saw this picture (not sure of which comic or graphic novel is it from) that show a ver elaborated hood and I would very much like to try it. Would that be a problem for the standard???

this is it...

... could it be a helmet and not the hood???

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing the progress on your costume.

The only thing I may mention, at this point, is...unless you are actually doing Ki-adi Mundi (and I don't think you are), and unless you're developing a costume for a face character, then your Jedi costume will need to conform to the Generic Jedi Costume Standards. I would ask that you keep these standards in mind so that your costume works out well and can be approved.

I will mention that we have a number of costumes based on face characters (and even from the expanded universe) that were modified to fit the Generic Jedi standards. These costumes were very unique, and were approved.

If you need any help...well, you've started the WIP (which I encourage everyone to do)...just ask. You'll get the feedback you need Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was just recently a Jedi that was done in his styling that was approved as an informal because she lacked the tabards under the vest.

She would also be an excellent source for information, she does some amazing work.
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=7342
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, if I add the tabbard (which I plan to) I'm good to go?

I think of this vest not as an outer tunic but as a robe, so, under it, there will be the tabards. I'm thinking something like this japanese style that is one piece at the back and divided in two at the front.

Obviously will not do it so big in the back LOL.

Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link, I've seen Vera's outfit, it's awesome!!

Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a very cool idea! Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say yes you would be fine since I'm not on the judge panel, just that it has be done recently from the judges. I know that is cryptic but really you would have to get them to tell you yes or no. The tabards since they would be under the tunic/robe/vest thing most likely that style would fine. I've used that style before and it has wored well fro me to keep the tabards from falling off, my current jedi I didn't want that.
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looking at the costume I want to replicate and the list of requirements, I'd say everything is accounted for, except for the large robe (I do have one, but...) 'cause Ki Adi Mundi's costume has a hooded long "vest" which could act as robe. What is your opinion on this one? does it counts as vest or robe, since it is hooded...
I can wear a robe no problem, but I would like to know.

Quote:
Jedi

Required:

 1. Outer tunic, long-sleeved. Colors can include brown (and all other earth tones), black, grey or white. Also allowed are muted greens, blues, and reds. No loud colors (a few examples being sharp red, pink or neon green). If in doubt, contact a Legion Costume Judge for color confirmation before construction. The combination of red and black in a singular costume is a Sith derivative and is not permitted. Costume Judge is the final authority on color. No karate/judo gi or gi like construction allowed.
 2. Tabards in similar allowed color palette as described in outer tunic. Must extend at least to bottom of tunic in front. Tabards can end at obi in rear, but may extend past tunic level if desired. Scarf-style "around-the-neck" tabards, and vest with attached tabards are also acceptable.
 3. Obi/sash in similar allowed color palette as described in outer tunic.
 4. Black or Brown belt (all belts should be proportional to wearer):
* Style A: Similar to Prequel Jedi belts: Wide leather main belt with a thinner secondary belt on top of the main belt, and a movie-style buckle on the secondary belt. Thinner secondary belt cannot be loose or "sag".
* Style B: Similar to Luke’s utility belts: Singular wide leather belt with a rectangular, octagonal or oval unadorned buckle.

 5. Lightsaber (No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). Lightsaber can be a static prop ("hilt-only") -- attached blade, LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required. No red or black blades. Double-blade sabers are allowed.
 6. Covertec clip or hook/clip for lightsaber on belt.
 7. Pants or skirt in similar allowed color palette as described in outer tunic.
 8. Brown or Black Boots – Leather or leather-like; must rise at least to the calf, but not above the knee. No rubber boots allowed. No visible laces. Straps & shin-spats are allowed but not required. The color of the belt and boots must match, but shade variation between the two items is permitted.
 9. No visible t-shirts.

Formal Requirements:

You must have at least three items from the list to be formal.

1. Large Jedi robe or cloak, similar to movie canon robes/cloaks, in allowed color palette, with attached hood.
 2. Leather or leather-like belt pouches (at least 2)
3. Full or false inner tunic in similar color scheme as outer tunic (dickie / full & mock turtlenecks, mandarin style collars ok). If optional inner tunic is used and long sleeved, then outer tunic may be sleeveless.
4. Food pellets (at least one set of 4).
5. A-99 Aqua breather.
6. Jedi communicator.
7. Droid caller.

Where can I get (tutorial or buy) any of these: #5 A-99 Aqua breather, #6 Jedi comnunicator. #7 Droid caller???
... because if I have any of those, that would be my 3rd formal item and I wouldn't need the robe, right?

I have the big toy jedi communicator, the one that read the action figures chips, is it acceptable?

SithariRog (Roger Allen)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ideas are good!

Here’s some thoughts…

-The Outer tunic, tabards and obi are good.

-The question I would ask about the obi is: would you be wearing the obi out the outside of this sleeveless robe (like it is pictured for Ki adi mundi) or would you wear it under the sleeveless robe, but over the tabards? The reason I ask this is…with the right “formal” components, the robe (of any design) can become irrelevant. If this is the case, you can wear the robe, but it may not be considered by the Jedi Judges when judging your costume. The ONLY thing I would mention is (if what I have described is the case) make sure the pictures for your application clearly show all costume components. This might mean leaving the sleeveless robe off for some of the pictures, even if you think this robe completes the look you are trying to achieve.

-The belt, lightsaber clip/hook, pants and boots are no issue.

Using two “pouches” and a set of four food capsules would be great. For your last “formal” requirement, you could do an inner tunic. And being a female (you have no beard to cover the neck area! LOL) this would be easy. But if you chose to use a breather/communicator/caller, then you are set. Honestly, making a communicator would be the easiest thing to do. I believe I have seen some tutorials here and there on how to make them. If you need assistant with that, let me know Wink

So, it looks like you will be able to mod the Kia du mundi concept to fit the Generic Jedi Costume Standards. I’m looking forward to seeing your costume progress!

Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEP! I need assistance with the communicator. thanks!!

Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want to use the hooded vest just like Ki Adi Mundi's. So, in order to use it like that it must be vest instead of robe, right.
I'll take the pictures with some of them showing the costume without the vest just in case.

SithariRog (Roger Allen)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the robe/vest or what ever it's to be called.

From a certain point of view, if you use the costume standards as the only list of what to call jedi costume components, by process of elimination, this thing Ki adi Mundi wears would be called a "robe"....if any of that made sense. haha...it actually doesn't matter since you'll have three "formal" components.

I only suggested to not wear the robe/vest in some of the application pictures...so that all components of your costume can be judged. Believe it or not, we get Jedi applications with people wearing robes and we can't see any pouches, food capsules or anything else...even though they're present, the robe covers them up.

And...I've briefly talked with your CO about the communicator thing. I'll talk more to him about it Wink

Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!!! XD

Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a few people in my group go for approval with 4 formal requirements, which allowed room for negotiation with the costume judges. What we tended to find easiest to get was;

1) Inner Tunic
2) Two Belt Pouches
3) 4 Food Capsules
4) Robe

I think that the hooded outer garment discussed here is Ki Adi Mundi's robe, adjusted for cultural tradition as is quite common for the Jedi Order. He has obi and tabards and all the other aspects of Jedi clothing, why would he put a hood on a vest, rather than just wear a short robe? This is a perfect example of why there are a wide range of items that can lead to formal approval. Use one other formal item instead of the robe and the robe becomes an accessory, not subject to judgement. It still looks fantastic, in my opinion!

Fyr

Tython Base Facebook Page
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 2 pouches and 4 set of food capsules, I only need 1 more.

I think I can try a way to use the inner tunic, by making it the garment with the distinctive Ki Adi Mundi neck collar, istead of putting that collar on the outer tunic. That way I have two separate pieces, outer and inner tunic.

with that and the jedi communicator and/or the droid caller I think I have more than enough.

Speaking of droid caller, does it has to be a specific design for jedi or the ones use by jawas are ok?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: