About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ce1e10f82dbcc981f3a62eb78546e92bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi padawan reporting in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steina.olsen@gmail.com ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Jedi padawan reporting in Reply with quote

Hi, I'm currently a pilot ofr the empire ti-2096, but have been feeling som disturbanses in the force lately.
My plan is to build a rotj luke costume. I have been doing some research on my own, trying to find good sources for information, but thus far the bluray screengrabs is the best source.
I would really appreciate any input, as this is a project I am really stoked about.
I am 34 years old, living in Trondheim, Norway, has been a member of the 501st since 2009.
Star Wars has been a great part of my life for as long as I can remember.

SteinA
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the light side.

I hope you have looked into the jedi forum where they have at least two threads dedicated to Luke and his costumes.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Stein Andre! Good to see you on the light side! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Tnx Reply with quote

I have at least started my journey to the light side. Got my lightsaber ordered, but just found out I need to get a hero hilt aswell.
Have started looking into rotj luke costume, but I am undecided on what to go for.

SteinA
TI-9827 (Tapio Komulainen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Tnx Reply with quote

steina.olsen@gmail.com wrote:
I have at least started my journey to the light side. Got my lightsaber ordered, but just found out I need to get a hero hilt aswell.
Have started looking into rotj luke costume, but I am undecided on what to go for.

SteinA

Hello! And welcome!

You can ask help from Vodobaas. He have a ROTJ Luke: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7797
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your costume. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Slow progress. Reply with quote

Seems like it will take a while for me to get this costume together. As of now I have boots, and a lightsaber hilt.
I have asked for a priceassesment from a very well reputed seamstress, but the total price for the rotj luke is as of now out of reach for me.
I am trying to move a couple of other lightsabers that i have to fund this, but not much demand for mace I guess.
I am however looking into wether it is possible to use some found objects like a pair of straight black pants etc. Then maybe I can order the jacket/shirt and belt, and just wait to get the complete ensemble.

I saw a pic from the scene where Luke meets bib fortuna, and in one still from that scene the robe luke wears looks like it has a grey lining like that of his bib. Anyone else notice this?

as for the belt; does anyone have meassurements for the buckle? I guess I can make it in aluminum.

Hope to have some of my questions answered.

SteinA
DL (Johan Hanson)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the cloak is lined, but just brown wool that looks grey or black depending on how the light hits it. I think I have seen a picture of it where the light shines through.

If I were you, I would make the inner garments first - the "Death Star Duel" version - , apply to the Legion with that, and then upgrade with more pieces (tabard and robe or poncho and helmet) later.
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SteinA

I have been looking into this costume myself and I have a lot of picture on my pc. I have a über accurate top I bough of ebay and after a bit of research I found out it was made by Kay_Dee, but it is a little on the small side even for me, but perhaps we could help each other out?

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: