About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9232c34f3bfaae4ae6c4cde72be9c19cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

For all the younglings :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: For all the younglings :) Reply with quote

I have noticed a big jump in the numbers of younglings accompanying their parents to events and meet ups so I thought I should pass this info on:
http://www.galactic-academy.com/faq.html

The group is specifically geared for the under 18s though not alligned with the Reble Legion or 501st. It is a safe group to join.

I am wondering if it is worthwhile trying to get some info printed for shows like Armageddon? It's where we most interact with children and a really good way of maintianing interest through those years until they are ble to be official.
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our daughter Juliet is really proud to belong to the Galactic Academy - she joined up as soon as she heard about it Smile

I think it's fantastic for the children (especially those from trooping families) to have their own group. They enjoy being involved in events and charity work and (as I see with Juliet already) a desire to learn to make their own costumes Smile

We definitely see a number of children at Armageddon in costume, it would be great to have flyers or something to advertise the group to others Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've started taking business cards to events and we recently got a banner as well. We have quite a few galactic academy members in SA. Did you see the GA display on the RL stand in melb? The kids love feeling included Smile
montee916 ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anaria Zar-Rel wrote:
We definitely see a number of children at Armageddon in costume, it would be great to have flyers or something to advertise the group to others Smile

I know we at least have it listed on the 501st flyers we had at Geddon, along with Rebel Legion and R2KT.com
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can get some cards sorted? Nice and portable Smile I know at D*C the pieces that went fastest were Trading cards and business cards Smile
obi-mark-kanobi (Mark Dickson)
Hoth Base XO
Hoth Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/feed/recent#!/pages/Galactic-Academy-Alderaan/581292695227920
Hello everyone
I have been placed into the position of CO for GA for Australia and New Zealand (Alderaan)
This if the facebook page that you can veiw and post up pcs of the kids at events
If you have any questions just let know and i will do my best to get back to you as quick as possible
Mark

Last edited by obi-mark-kanobi (Mark Dickson) on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Craigorski (Craig Haskell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything we can get to add to our setup would be great. stuff for handouts or banners or whatever.
Im out of the trifolds that had every club on them (nobody makes them anymore) but might be able to get some basic ones done... i think phil has something i might be able to print off a few of at work one night Mr. Green
stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fully recommend getting the younglings involved, over here ( in Oz ) most of the members of the GA are kids of 501st, Rebel or Mando members, but there are a few kids who are "dragging" there parents along to events. The GA isn't just an excuse for the kids to dress up either they are a great recruitment tool, as they encourage families to join up.

Last edited by stormraven () on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladyhawke (Donna Dornan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Son Jay has also joined this , he loves getting dressed up & trooping with us Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: