About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=027237cad95a1a40e0638c95bfeefb74Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Picnic gown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Padme Picnic gown Reply with quote

I have been working on this one for a long time (Sequins!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!) so I just wanted to make sure that my fabric still works with the new standards - especially since I had to go all the way to Egypt to find the right embroidery. The old standards said "gold/yellow" new says "golden yellow". So does this still work:

Obviously the shawl fabric is not dyed here and I'm still not sure about it its more the gown fabric that I'm concerned about. I would need to take the whole thing apart to redye it. (I attached the petticoats to it for ease of dressing since really once it is on would anyone be able to tell that they aren't a separate piece?) I would like to know if I need to do this sooner rather than later because I some parts to put on yet and would rather fix the color and resew what I have then add those pieces instead of adding them and having more to take apart to redye.

Another pic:

I wore it partially complete for a camp event last summer (2011) just to see the fit and how easily it moved and anything else that needed to be fixed in the logistics of making it wearable.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the color is acceptable, but the biggest issue will be if your corset and shawl will match it properly.

Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Meial!

I have no problem changing the corset to match if it isn't close enough as I only have a "frame" made and I haven't even started the shawl yet - not even sure if I like the embroidery on the fabric I got which was on clearance so I spent about a dollar on it all.

Just wanted to make sure that this was an ok color before I continued sewing those itty bitty teeny tiny sequins flowers...

I will take a picture with the corset "frame" when I do my next fitting on the dress before I start embroidering it.

Thanks again for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: