About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8d7f870e5fc62d2b466575abd57fad8eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Slave Leia in NC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: New Slave Leia in NC Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm looking to join the Legion - working on two costumes. My first is a Slave Leia my husband got for me. He's a long-time 501st member (SL-263) and our 5 year old recently go into Star Wars. I attended a few events with him and he finally convinced me to put together a costume. I just submitted my Slave Leia. I also wanted a more family oriented costume so we're putting together an Aayla Secura. Once it's done we'll also submit.

In the meantime, here's my Slave Leia:

RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Glad to see you on the forums. You'll find a lot of good information and some great folks that are willing to help you with your costume builds.
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Raychel! Laughing
RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bienvenida!!! Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Slave Leia looks great so far. If it helps, here are the standards for the Slave Leia costume:

Burnished gold/copperish metallic bikini top with correct decorative curvature. Taupe, brown or gray suede or suedecloth line the bust cups. Thin black elastic cording cross in back and attaches to sides of the bikini at shoulder on the top and at the sides on the bottom only.

Two burnished gold/copper metallic decorated plates worn front and back at the hips, connected by oval gold/copper metallic pieces. Attached are two gathered skirt panels of a berry purple, wine or dark berry red shade in an opaque, non-shiny, smooth fabric, no crush velvet, one panel per plate.

Taupe or grey suede or suedecloth flat or low-heeled boots (heel should be no higher than 1.5”) with burnished gold/copper metallic decorative boot trimming the top of each boot on an angle. Tailored boots only – no Ugg or other chunky or winter boots.

Two burnished goldish/copper metallic bracelets: one at the right wrist – a large curvaceous cuff with a hole – one at the upper left arm – snake-like with the ends looped in.

Burnished gold.copper metallic collar with chain links.

Hair in a large bun with a long braid descending from it. Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.

Burnished goldish/copper metallic hair pieces on either side of the bun.

Burnished goldish/copper metallic hair ornamental tie at end of the braid.

Medium-sized gold hoop earrings.

Optional Items:

Mid-sized or tall Unleashed vibroaxe

If you need photo reference, Padawan's Guide is an excellent resource: http://www.padawansguide.com/leia_bikini.shtml

amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I do have the hair pieces, my husband didn't think they were required because he saw some girls without. We have the boots on order, flat grey suede slouch boots like many have recommended. Once we get we will retake the photos with everything on at once.
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see! (Just FYI, there are a lot of non-Rebel Legion costumers out there, so it's best to do a reality check with the standards so you know you're good to go Wink )

Fett263 ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Amy's husband (I'm the one responsible for her wearing this costume). When we were looking through the various Slave Leia's on the site some of the members didn't appear to have the head pieces in, maybe it was just the angle of the pics but it looked like a few were missing. We have the pieces and are just waiting for the boots and we'll resubmit with all of the pieces.

Princess Leah ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hair pieces are required for submission as a canon costume. They are not required, but recommended, to be in the picture you choose for the membership photo. I'm betting a lot of girls chose pictures from times they forgot to put them on, but was a flattering shot.

As was stressed above, please refer to the written standards when putting together your costume for what's necessary, not other people's work.
Fett263 ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. No problem. Once we have the boots we'll resubmit with all required parts.

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like amysecura has a great start Very Happy. I hope that you submit your costume for approval once you've made a few minor adjustments and additions. Feel free to post any questions you have or even and updated photo here. We are all happy to help Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Raychel. My husband said we should have the boots and toppers soon so I can resubmit. My Aayla is also coming together. Once get all of the pieces for both we'll get more pictures.
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We finally got the boots and the boot tops should be arriving this week. We took a break from this costume to finish my Aayla but now we are finishing this one up as well. We will submit for approval once we have everything put together.

These are the boots I found, grey slouch boot:

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any trouble attaching the boot toppers, feel free to ask questions here.
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My costume is finally complete and I submitted my pictures for approval.

I did have some difficulty with the hair clips, any tips on the best way to wear?

Here are several pics from my submission:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: