About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=37fe9da98367e23ad75766a0def9ef80Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jeid Boots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Jeid Boots Reply with quote

Ok, for the past few months I've been running around trying to find a boot that properly fits, that might hopefully meet the RL standards. I tried the star wars costume site, for Jedi boots and they don't sell my size and many have offered to sell me their extras (because they don't where them.). Unfortunately, the they have been too big in size as well.

I found a pair of boots which I already bough, but can exchange if they aren't acceptable. Here's a picture from the site.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/chinese+laundry+turn+it+up+over+the+knee+boot?prodId=253745&category=dsw10cat70017&activeCats=dsw12cat1740002,dsw12cat1740052,dsw10cat70017

These come in a brown which is the color of my belt. Even though the description says they are over the knee, they come to my knees.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to post pics of me wearing them.

Can anyone give me an idea as to if they would be acceptable or not?

There's something I can't shake. It compels me to speak my mind and try to do good deeds.
DarthGM (Phil Maiewski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad!

Funny, as I've actually been noting that there are a lot of women's boots out there that are neutral enough in the sole/heel that they could work as a "unisex" boot.

Now I just have to find some in, as my fiance teases me, "Drag Sizes".

Laughing
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the key is...
do the boots end up going past the bottom of your knee?

boots can be mid calf to right below the knee..
anything higher is not acceptable for formal..

hope that helps

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time "drag size" will be to take you normal shoe size and go 2 sizes higher for woman's. So If you are a size 9 start looking for a size 11. We have two guys buying boots from Lane Bryant and I have half considering that too for myself because they sell a brown riding boot that looks like its just a couple straps away from Jedi boots. Very Happy

But those boots you have should do fine
DarthGM (Phil Maiewski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
Most of the time "drag size" will be to take you normal shoe size and go 2 sizes higher for woman's. So If you are a size 9 start looking for a size 11. We have two guys buying boots from Lane Bryant and I have half considering that too for myself because they sell a brown riding boot that looks like its just a couple straps away from Jedi boots. Very Happy

But those boots you have should do fine

Finding a size 12-12.5 women's boot in the styles I want are proving "futile".

Confused
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me about it, I was very very shocked that Lane Bryant had 2 long brown boots in a size that would fit me and would work.
roguehunter (Russell Hunter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my jedi boots in size 12 about 2 years ago and they are excellent replicas. Though I do not recall what vendor I bought them on Ebay, I found that http://jedirobeamerica.com/ has a decent selection and variety. Their sizes are kind of "funky" as they list from small to x-large, the size chart they list on each of the pages for the shoes tells you that small = size 8/9 and x-large = size 14. Might want to check them out and we can ask our RL judges their thoughts as well.

Always consult a RL costume judge!!! Just my advice Ben
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the simple, brown "Jedi Boots" (not from JediRobeAmerica.com, but they're the same "Funtasma" boot), and with a little time and modification, "enhanced" them to this:

http://twitter.yfrog.com/h3510bvcj

My foot size is 11.5, D width, and a fairly large calf... so I had to get the large size... but with pants tucked in and an extra pair of ankle socks, they fit great!

I'm hopeful that they will pass Rebel Legion muster.... the rest of the costume is being sewn as we speak. Smile
Cajunwolfe ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm helping a friend research parts for her jedi costume, found these boots, and was wondering if they'd be allowed.
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/madden+girl+pinup+boot?prodId=250448&category=dsw10cat70017&activeCats=dsw12cat1740002,dsw12cat1740052,dsw10cat70017
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QenVarith wrote:
I got the simple, brown "Jedi Boots" (not from JediRobeAmerica.com, but they're the same "Funtasma" boot), and with a little time and modification, "enhanced" them to this:

http://twitter.yfrog.com/h3510bvcj

My foot size is 11.5, D width, and a fairly large calf... so I had to get the large size... but with pants tucked in and an extra pair of ankle socks, they fit great!

I'm hopeful that they will pass Rebel Legion muster.... the rest of the costume is being sewn as we speak. Smile

Wow they look really nice, nicely done

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: