About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0684a20ff4bf5b8048f654d2f21034d3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Application re Lightsabers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mihunai (Jermain Palmen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could ask Wade Henry, from Saber Concepts.
He modified a Maul to a Luminara saber, which
is basically the same saber as Koon's...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d13Hxs5FJ0&feature=plcp
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the link.

I now (a few days later from my post about this) have to revise my post.

There are 2 saber makers that recreate the hilt used by Master Plo: Parks and "The guy from Venezuela" Francisco.

His Plo Hilt is 185 bucks SHIPPED.

that means that his hilts are around the 150 bucks.

I took te time to research the cost of making machined aluminum parts and from what I found, unless you are making a set of at least 20 pieces of the same thing the cost for the job IS expensive due to the damage the knife pieces that cut the aluminum into the required shape take when making the pieces.

For machined aluminum with that level of detail in the butt of the saber as Frank makes his price is in fact not cheap, but not expensive either. I find his work cost to be just and balanced.

Still if you want to add lights and sounds and the works you will end up with at least a 350 dollars worth Lightsaber.

We are then to assume that the LEAST a jedi prospector must think of for a custom metal lightsaber is that mark with the full works.

Now why am I retracting myself from the plastic hilts (at least on the Plo Koon lightsabers)?

Well because I got mine last week and besides the butt of it the rest is way too much of a toy. the black engraved lines are not even engraved or molded. they're stickers.

I thought about using the back piece, chrome it and recreate the rest of the body of the lightsaber myself but the cost for that (For accuracy) would be over the 100 bucks (The Emitter rings is what elevate the cost) so for a guys like me that has no powertools nor skill to work with metals the ption presented by the guys in Venezuela is the best route.

what's my point?

That you guys where right. and now I know why you don't allow plastic hilts. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara Skywalker wrote:
You don't see neither yellow, nor orange in the films - or silvery/white for that matter, but these are approved colours.

Adi Gallia carries a red lightsaber in both "Star Wars Jedi Power Battles" for Playstation, as well as in the comicbook "The Stark Hyperspace War". And I do believe you can even find her with a red lightsaber as an action figure. I'm thinking this means a jedi could use a red lightsaber - especially in the new jedi order, where rules are much more "large"?

I just wanted to point out a few things forgive the noob for posting on a really old thread, but in "Jedi Power Battles" Adi's saber was pink..."HOT PINK" get it Mr. Green jk pink and completly unrelated, but 1 of Maul's blades was bent in the game which is hilarious, but anyway would ppl be allowed to have noticably pink, not my color but for anyone else interested I figured I'd ask.
Princess_B ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm new.

I have an Aayla Secura costume and I want to stop using a cheap blue retractable toy and have an acceptable standard Light Saber so I can be an RL member. I have questions about the Aayla Secura light saber for my costume.
Is an any normal blue Force FX Hasbro type light saber ok? Or do I need to get an specific Aayla model? If so any clues or suggestions of the best places to purchase any of these? I'm in Tatooine Base (Australia). Any good places here?

Thankyou in advance for your help. Very much appreciated Very Happy

PB

"Sometimes it takes courage to stick to one's beliefs, young Padawan, as any Jedi well knows. "
Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Princess_B,

You can use a standard blue FX saber. However if you'd like to look at getting a custom Aalya Saber I can recommend JQ Sabers
Tan'mar'War-onDioro ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question:

I am a fan of Ultrasabers (<-Link) and there is a saber color called Fire Orange, see link, that I have been eying (Sp?) on getting. I was wondering if the color would be considered Jedi-like or Sith-like. ** They do have a color called Blazing Red, but that is an obvious "Sith Color".
Cloak -
Inner/ Outer Tunic -
Pants -
Tabard/ Obi -
Boots - Working on
Jedi Belt -
Jedi Pouches -
Jedi Energy/Food Capsule (8.) - Working on
Vod'ika (lightsaber) - Working on
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of Ultrasabers as well, having used them before. Fire Orange is an amazing colour, but is also very similar to a Sith blade.

For a Jedi I'd go with another colour.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

Thank you sir.
Cloak -
Inner/ Outer Tunic -
Pants -
Tabard/ Obi -
Boots - Working on
Jedi Belt -
Jedi Pouches -
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not a fan of Ultrasabers, I would agree the orange looks a little sith-ish, the amber would be better than the orange.
Tan'mar'War-onDioro ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to add your own amber light to an Ultrasaber??
Cloak -
Inner/ Outer Tunic -
Pants -
Tabard/ Obi -
Boots - Working on
Jedi Belt -
Jedi Pouches -
Satay ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking, is a pink saber acceptable?
Jabari ()

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about the Ultrasabers orange: are you saying Fire Orange is too Sithy, or do you mean Pyrestone Orange? Because on the first page of this thread it says orange is an acceptable color.

This is a Fire Orange Ultrasaber. The photo is accurate to the true color; sometimes this saber photographs more yellow...but never redder.

I don't have a Pyrestone Orange to compare in person, but the best color comparison I've heard is "Doritos orange". Pyrestone is definitely a red-orange color, and it does look red in photos. This thread on Saberforum has a photo comparing a Fire Orange and a Pyrestone Orange in it (last 2 pictures in the first post): http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7057.0

Pyrestone probably IS too Sithy for Rebel Legion... but I personally wouldn't think Fire Orange would be. It's definitely yellow orange to me. Smile
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my personal oppinion would be that the saber shown in that picture would be perfectly acceptable Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabari wrote:
Question about the Ultrasabers orange: are you saying Fire Orange is too Sithy, or do you mean Pyrestone Orange? Because on the first page of this thread it says orange is an acceptable color.

This is a Fire Orange Ultrasaber. The photo is accurate to the true color; sometimes this saber photographs more yellow...but never redder.

I don't have a Pyrestone Orange to compare in person, but the best color comparison I've heard is "Doritos orange". Pyrestone is definitely a red-orange color, and it does look red in photos. This thread on Saberforum has a photo comparing a Fire Orange and a Pyrestone Orange in it (last 2 pictures in the first post): http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7057.0

Pyrestone probably IS too Sithy for Rebel Legion... but I personally wouldn't think Fire Orange would be. It's definitely yellow orange to me. Smile

Fire Orange actually uses an amber LED, pyrestone orange is color mixing red and green together to get an orange/red type color.

So that's the amber in question.
Jabari ()

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: