About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f4745db0e6eb436a46ce594951ba2a4dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Jedi (Still in the making)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: My Jedi (Still in the making) Reply with quote

Thanks to Sgt. Sunedead, My Jedi is almost complete. None shiny biass tape will be added to the sleeves of the outer tunic. The Jedi robe will hopefully be completed next week.

I took the original robes and pants and died the green and bought a new pair of boots.

The light saber hilt is a replica of Anakin Skywalker's with a blue blade. (I'll post pics of it later.)

Here's a link to my photobucket
http://s1150.photobucket.com/albums/o601/Tiernach65/

There's something I can't shake. It compels me to speak my mind and try to do good deeds.
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Sgt. Sunedead, the biass tape for the sleeves have been purchased and next week, Hopefully everything will be finished.

I just hope that the color and the boots are acceptable. Please, opinions, suggestions and comments are appreciated.

There's something I can't shake. It compels me to speak my mind and try to do good deeds.
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the shape and color of your tabs, but I would say either cut them off completely at the obi in the back or make them as long as they are in the front, but that's just my taste Smile

I really like the look of a snug undertunic sleeve as well, but then again, my taste, but if you are comforable as it looks.

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the color combination!!! really nice!

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had played with the idea of cutting off the tabs off in the back or keeping them as long as they are in the front, but I found it a bit awkward for me. My idea with this Jedi was not only to keep warm while outside in parades during the colder months, but something that is just slightly different with noticeable small changes compared to other generic Jedi. My first idea was to have purple robes, but that wasn't earth toned.

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your color combination and tabbard design. I'm not LCJ, but I suspect the boots are fine, but the collar does make me nervous. I don't know of any other approved Jedi with satin anywhere in them. Jedi seem to prefer matte fabrics in the movies.

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the Biass tape, I'm not sure if it's satin, I'd have to check if at all possible when I go into work today. Oh well, Just cross my figures and hope it'll be approved when I go to submit it. I'll come up with a plan B with Sunedead's help.

Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my Jedi just this month and my tabards have a similar feel to these, I ended them at the obi in the back and I really like how they came out and look. You can view them in my profile pictures on the front and back. I did the slant in the front too, not easy to do, or I just did it the hard way... not sure.
Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your colours and the style it's quite nice.

I agree with Jenna, the binding I'm not to share about. The colour of it's fine but I can't think of any Jedi that had a shiny material like that on there tunics.

As for the boots they look like they come above your knee at the front and the standards say they need to be no higher then the knee. My other concern is that the standards also ask for the boots and belt to match in colour.
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots do come up to my knee, not past which is kinda weird being those type of boots usually go past. From my understanding, as long as the boots and belt were both brown, then it should be fine. Two different shades of brown aren't acceptable?

I'm going to get back up biass tape in case the ones one there aren't approved.

Thanks so much for the advice Commander_Barriss.

Reznel ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an LCJ. Love your colors, but your outre tunic looks too big around the waist.
The sleeves on your outer tunic are to short. They should reach the first set of knuckles or end just at your wrist and then flare out. IMHO.
As for the tabbards a simple adjustment to perhaps, mid thigh should bring them level both front and back.
Boots, belt, and accessories look great and are acceptable. If your boots and belt were black and brown then they would be unacceptable.
Last is the collar on your otter tunic. IMOH. It's to shiny and need to be replace with a like color or same color as tunic.

Other than the small tweaks here and there, every thing looks good. Ben

I'm not a LCJ but I hope I haven't stepped my bounds. I only hope this helps.
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will change the color of the biass tape which is the shiny green stuff on the edge of my outer tunic if I'm told by my base's LCJ. Even though the outer tunic looks as though it's too big in the waist, if it were to be shortened, it wouldn't fit. As for the sleeves, they go just a little past my wrist. I wanted something a bit different for the sleeves, so i puffed out the inner tunic sleeves from underneath the outer tunic. The tabards have met the requirement with my choice of it going past the tunic in the front and ending at my rear.

I wanted to create a Jedi that kept with the traditional style with minor tweaks to make it unique in it's own way. That's why I chose green. My original color was purple, but unfortunately it's not an earth tone color. I made a mistake and used the wrong marker on the original color of the tunic. Trying to get it out, I turned parts of the fabric green.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have judges for individual bases. There is an LCJ in your base but even if they are Jedi Judges which I don't think they are we can't judge costumes from our own base.

I do like that your trying something different with your costume and as for the boots and belt if they are boot brown they should be fine. As I've said my only concern comes from the satin on your tunic. Other then that I think it's really nice and wish you luck in your application
Tiernan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input Commander. I have back up just in case the tape doesn't make it through the app.

Sgt. Sunedead is almost done with my cloak so i should be able to take more pics, post an update and put in my app. by tomorrow night.

With all the encouragement and advice, I'm excited to be able to get the Jedi submitted finally. Dance Chewie

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. I can't wait to see it in the queue. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: