About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b592ca07afb5daf9d6b17f3f7a4675bfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lobot, the Rebel Supporter.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceWolf wrote:

i noticed i could not find standards for Lobot.

You should take notes and write some up when your done. The standards just cover more common costumes, and they are usually written by people who have actually built the costumes themselves, or similar ones.

That said, I'm really excited to see someone make this costume, and I'm very interested to see you tackle the head piece. You should get a few guys to tackle the Bespin security guards and Lando. If you guys bring this to C5 or DragonCon, I'll put on my Chewie, grab a few troopers and Leia, and we can do the scene where Lobot and his buddies rescue everyone.
whiteraven (Ryan Lunt)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I got busy in Photoshop and came up with my idea for the belt design. It's a little rough, but it gets the idea across I think.

Compare this...

To this...

Any questions or comments?

PM for questions and commissions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan,

It does get the idea across. Looks good.

Phoenix 17
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like the one from the illustration, but not like the one from the movie.

I wonder why they are different?

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the illustrated version is from Star Wars The New Essential Guide to the Characters (I could be wrong), and the artist may not have been given a good reference of Lobot to see the movie details of the belt. Will that affect the costume's formal/canon status?

Ryan, I think the photo-shop render looks good. Very Happy

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
whiteraven (Ryan Lunt)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I've done so far from closed cell foam... I think I'll restart this in a better form. I'll make a vac-mold form. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whiteraven (Ryan Lunt)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... after many months of pondering and such... I have decided to consolidate my costuming endeavors.

That said, I'm afraid that due to the fact that I can't sew and don't have alot of free time (like I did when I was unemployed) I won't be able to complete this costume.

I would gladly provide what I have come up with to anyone wanting to pursue and complete this project. Also, if the RL would like any of my gathered images for their reference archives, let me know.

stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there I am looking at starting a Lobot build for myself and found this thread. Just wondering if any costume standards for Lobot were ever completed or should I use the info in this thread as the base for my build.

Cheers
matt.elder1971 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on one as well (basically done, just finishing up the headset). Feel free to PM me if you need any info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: