About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=65c685055de74f5e681c23df5858ef99Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Meeting Time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to Discovery World and getting a room in the area for the night. I was planning on getting hammered after with some of our WI party boys (who's got the plunger?!).

However, I work the night before and won't be home until 1 am or so. Figure leaving at like 6 or so to make it up there in time, then trooping for 6 hours or so, I'll be pretty well buzz killed too. So if I nod off, it's not a reflection on your oratory skills.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing to keep in mind is that this doesn’t have to be the one and only meeting for all time. We could start with items that would be relevant for fall or need to be worked on early in the year. Then try and have mini meetings throughout the year.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Dee wrote:
I think one thing to keep in mind is that this doesn’t have to be the one and only meeting for all time. We could start with items that would be relevant for fall or need to be worked on early in the year. Then try and have mini meetings throughout the year.

where that is true....
I would imagine that you need to start with the pressing issues...

as far as mini meetings throughout the year...
well...

I guess I am just a pessimist......

Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Dee wrote:

That's kind of the goal actually. This meeting is really more than anything intended to get together and chat about getting us through Winter. After that, we'll figure out how to do the next one. My goal is two next year.
ewok55 (Ashley McClintock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think Discovery world may not be a good idea. I mean if we did it before set up then maybe but that would have to be uber early,and I've seen Bob early (not a pretty picture:Just kidding). I know Steve and I will be busy with helping out and such.

I know we have to be out of the museum by 5 or something because they have something going on there.

I know Steve and I will be heading up there Friday and coming home Sunday.We are going to be helping with set up because he is bring his game with.

Maybe the next day,we could meet somewhere up there and have a meeting?
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a wedding in the room we are in. We need to start packing up our stuff one hour before close of the museum so the catering team can get in and set up the room for the wedding. I think we can be in the dressing room area as long as we want, but remember it's a small room and all the WIG guys will be in there as well.

The set up is different this year at DW. We are in a huge tent that is set up in the courtyard. Our changing room is the room that the droid builders were in last year, we will not be in any of the lab rooms as we were previously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewok55 wrote:

Maybe the next day,we could meet somewhere up there and have a meeting?

Not an option.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
There is a wedding in the room we are in. We need to start packing up our stuff one hour before close of the museum so the catering team can get in and set up the room for the wedding. I think we can be in the dressing room area as long as we want, but remember it's a small room and all the WIG guys will be in there as well.

The set up is different this year at DW. We are in a huge tent that is set up in the courtyard. Our changing room is the room that the droid builders were in last year, we will not be in any of the lab rooms as we were previously.

WIG people being there isn't an issue for me, if it has to be that way. We can also consider other options if we have to as well. Worst case scenario, we have to rally at one of the hotels people are staying at.
JediRacer8 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil and I are planning on being at DW (unless Phil gets called to work) but we will not be sticking around for the meeting. This isn't a slight against you - quite the opposite, in fact. James and Crix, I have always found you both to be approachable, courteous, and respectful people, so I have every confidence in you as CO and XO. I simply don't get overly involved in the inner running of either costume club. This is both my personal preference and due to my own time constraints. I'm also usually wiped after a day at DW and will probably just want to leave and eat.

That being said, please don't hesitate to contact me if you think I can help you with something. I have skills in writing, Powerpoint, and some personal connections that I can offer up if you ever need a hand. I don't check the forums very often because after sitting on a computer all day at work, I tend to not want to do so when I get home at night. I chiefly check email, Twitter, and FB because those are handy on my phone Smile
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it.

I'm not going to fault anybody for not wanting to deal with the unfun side of the club, its a lot of work and it can be really ugly.
JediRacer8 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for understanding. I put in time doing that in the past but find I enjoy a different approach to trooping now. Life changes Smile All for the good though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: