About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=477ec4cfede2e415b6703c17322012edMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi accessories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kel Ardan (Mel Thomas)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Jedi accessories Reply with quote

Alright guys I'm just seeing if anyone could recommend a good person or company that does good quality Jedi belts at a good price (one that will meet rebel legion standards). Also looking to get some boot and saber Smith recommendations. I already have my tunic set ordered and robe.

Thanks!
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are going to say no ebay but on ebay there is a dealing that sells plether belts with 6 food caps and 3 pouches that work. Its 60 for all that I think the seller is hammerhart and some number. Sabers go over to FX saber forum or get a good Master replicas or good Hasbro not the wallmart ones the metal ones. Both saberforg Ultrasabers and Parks have all had there fair share of problems and people that have had major problems with them. Boots there are tons of places what is your price rang you want to spend pleather or leather?

18 " aggressive negotiations "
DarthGM (Phil Maiewski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually had many good experiences with Ultrasabers, and with Saberforge the one time I bought from him.

But it's definetly "Buyer Beware" and "Your mileage may vary".
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good advise so far!

I would add that...

-There are several folks who make belt components (pouches, food capsules, etc.). These are custome made and often very screen accurate. The LCJs tend to prefer these kinds of props for the face characters. But, of course, these are going to be a bit more expensive than what you might find on ebay. If you want these kinds of components, just ask around and you'll be directed to the right person.

...you get what you pay for Wink

-Real leather belts for Jedi, even the two-belt (Old Republic) variety are, truly VERY easy to make. I haven't posted a tutorial yet, but...will "soon". You can make a real leather belt, completed with Sam Browne buttons for under $50-$60.

-Many props you see on ebay are (generlaly) not considered screen accurate or proper for the face characters, but...for Generic Jedi, they work fine, and can be a way to get something relatively inexpensive. This allows you to get your costume approved. You can then upgrade your costume components as you have time and/or credits.

-As for boots...there are many cheap versions (some even under $40) that will serve you well (for a Generic Jedi). These are cheap and, depending on how often you wear them, can last a year (or more). Custom leather boots are...well, I can't say enough good things about them...there are several folks who make incredibly accurate boots for Star Wars cotumes, they can last a lifetime (no seriously...a lifetime), but are, as you would expect, more expensive.

-As for lightsabers? Well...there are billions (well...maybe not quite "billions") of vendors and "how to" sites out there that can make them for you or show you how to make your own. One of the more popular sites for "build your own" (from premachined...ready to assemble...components) is http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ It's a really cool site, just to play around with..and they have forums that are incredibly helpful.

I would strongly encourage you to start a Work in Progress (WIP) thread to show pictures of the components you are thinking of buying and of the progess of your Jedi build. This way, people can address your costume directly and help you get things in order before submitting your application. We LCJs LOVE it when costumes breeze through the application cue. And...I can't think of anyone over the last year that has posted a WIP thread who was not approved very quickly Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: