About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=005733be7c0abc66f085b5bd003fce6eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

This next year, plans and ideas :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: This next year, plans and ideas :) Reply with quote

Kia ora all Smile

So it was more than a spur of the moment decision to put my hand up for CO, and I have since been familiarising myself with the Base Command forums. So I hope to make a few nifty changes in the next short time to the forums. Sorry no free prizes at this stage Wink PR materials are in the process of downloading and I will see about getting items printed off as need be (especially for the upcoming armageddon event).

First off I'd like to thank everyone who has had a hand in creating and maintaining our outpost- our name and logo were the result of many hands working together.

This is still a hand over stage, so there are some kinks to work out and I am going to be busy chatting with our sister group Outpost 42 about upcoming events.

I would love to be able to meet all our members and potential members face to face and ask what you would like to see Naboo Outpost achieve this coming year. It's one thing to come in to a position with lots of ideas, as I do and as every CO does, and another to make sure they gel with the community.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still some admin changes happening at a higher legion level so my first update is a bit of a small one Wink

We have autopruning for the forums turned off! Hooray! While we have the archive forum to view older threads there have been more than a few that have sadly fallen through the cracks and been lost.

I have also requested two new sub fora: Costume Builds and Event Planning.
So far I have requested different privacy settings. These have not been set up yet so can be changed.
Costume builds: open to any logged in forum member. I am more than happy to open them fully to allow search engines to find them. Just let your voice be heard here and I can update the request Smile
Event Planning: Open to all RL members and R2 builders. I am also more than happy to then also allow logged in 501st members to view them as well. Especially given the local 501st forum is open to full RL members too Smile Again, please let me know your preference as this is simple to change.

I have reserved a facebook page. Just working on the blurb and stalking, er, taking notes of other RL facebook pages. Hoping that this will make it easier for people to find us Smile

PR materials have been downloaded and am sorting through them.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the new subforums, and agree that the Event Planning subforum be open to 501st members. Given that we have access to the NZ501st's planning subforum it only seems fair.

Would access to this subforum be limited to NZ-based RL/ 501st /R2 builders members, or would it be accessible to any authenticated group member worldwide?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see all the base members only fora under the listing of other countries, but I does look like there could be forum access limited by user groups (and each base has one, we are Naboo, naturally- command staff would have to be able to see as well as a few other groups).

As I said, the fact that our local 501st group has inluded us makes me way more than hapy to include them. So long as everyone feels the same way Smile

Still no update on the forums so I'll head back and see if that can get rolling Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCK!! We have our subfora:) Now that they are here i will be able to ask for those new permissions, if everyone is okay?

Costumes: public, to increase exposure of our activities to the public.

Event planning: RL members (active and inactive) and 501st only for sensitive events suh as hospital visits etc.

We also have our Naboo Members Only forum for any further sensitive topics and archives etc.. As soon as we are sorted with our permission settings I'll go through and move pages to the appropriate sections. Please do feel free to post any progress.

I also finally got some general blurb and our logo on to a Facebook Page. We are listed as a community organisation.

https://www.facebook.com/NabooOutpostNZ

The frames project continues, those with old frames have a few months to get new photos so I will get in touch with those asap.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And next stage, I have just order 100 of the Medal of Yavin trading cards Smile There are only a few more sets and if we have enough interest locally for ideas on how to gift these out (hospital visits, etc.) I can ship off cards to members in all main regions.

I'm also going through the other swag merc for giving away. I know at D*C the trading cards and stickers and temp tattoos were adored by kids passing through and adults were really interested in the costume standards book.

I have business cards as well, I'm also looking at getting a Naboo specific one organimsed or get some pamphlets run with quicklinks to the facebook page and forums.

Operation Sandstorm is still on the cards, it's under the costume builds. I have held off making that forum made open as I think we also need a completed troops section (these will not auto prune so we can have a record of our past troops for as long as these forums hold up!) But I was also thinking of a Jedi-along for anyone needing a prompt to just cut that fabric they already have! I've been inspired by a lot of comic book characters so am looking at hakama and elf ears Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: