About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=53ce293c7f3b6ef3aca4248072a0a3adMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome and introductions :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Welcome and introductions :) Reply with quote

So welcome to our forums everyone! If you are new here please take a moment to introduce yourself and if you have been here a while.. feel free to do so as well Smile

Let us know who you are and where and we may be able to organise local meet ups- social or costume sweatshop, either is good Wink

I'm Michaela Smile Looooooooong time member of the early FF forums on theforce.net and finally joined the Rebel Legion way back in 2005. With Padme's funeral gown. I know, very cheerful Wink
The desire to join was two fold: being able to join a group equally obsessed with costuming and a chance to do charity events with an official group rather than randomly going along solo!

Currently looking at my on Mothma and both Shaak Ti costumes and frowning because I want to register them but I can't face a day of standing in front of my camera trying to get good photos Wink
Rebel Kiwi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I'm Richard from Masterton. Long time SW fan. Currently on the hunt for the boots to complete my jedi costume so I can upgrade my membership.

People tell me that when my son and I wear our jedi costumes we look almost identical.

My aim is to wear the cosutume to armageddon up in Auckland at the end of the month so here's hoping I finally find the boots that fit. Cos if the boot fits...

Did someone say I could dye some black boots brown?
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Richard Smile Hope to see you at Armageddon regardless of the boot situation Smile Will your son be in attendance as well?

(Dye question answered in "local sources" to keep this thread on track Wink )
Rebel Kiwi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes he will. He will either be in his jedi costume, his MIB costume or his Iron Man costume, if I ge that finsihed.
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard Smile

I'm Kristy, been a RL member since 2004 when I made my first jedi costume. Based in Auckland, but I try to travel around when I can. Matt G is my husband and we costume at events together, often with our daughter Juliet Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, had to email my password I've been away so long!!

I'm Jackie and I live in the Hawke's Bay...I've been wanting to join the RL properly for years but there are just too many costumes to choice from! Lol
Though it's looking good for one by the end of this year Wink

I've loved SW since I got mum to buy me the 1997 re-mastered VHS pack for xmas that year, turns out she was a massive sci-fi fan as well lol

Also, I hate not being so far away from the major NZ SW group gatherings...Sad

C

Twitter me This!

*Has a weakness for Disney Songs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahah, cunning plan to stalk, er track down forum users is working....

I've just put in a request for getting some spiffy new sub forums where costume builds can go Smile So hopefully we will see some activity there from you too Wink

Kia ora Jackie welcome back Very Happy If you are coming to Auckland Armageddon we can certainly try and arrange a catch up Smile I'm hopefully going to have a fair bit of paraphernalia with me and we can talk D*C madness as well Wink
Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Smile it'll be awesome!

C

Twitter me This!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rebel Kiwi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What costume are you working on Jackie?
Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did find a Fabric that I thought could have passed for Padme's Fireside Gown, but looking at the pictures again...totally wrong lol

So thinking about making her Tatooine Disguise (since I have fabric that could work for the top and the tunic) or her Purple Clone Wars Cartoon Chapter 14 Dress (the one that looks like her EpII senate gown)

oh the choices! lol

C

Twitter me This!

Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coranz wrote:
I did find a Fabric that I thought could have passed for Padme's Fireside Gown, but looking at the pictures again...totally wrong lol

Hi Coranz

Sorry to derail your thread Michaela. I have a fireside Padme' that doesn't fit me anymore. It's a little to tight. It's never been an approved costume but I think with some work it could be. I live in Australia so I could give it to Michaela when I see her so you could save on postage or something. If your interested PM me and let me know your sizes or you can let me know here and I'll send you some pics.

I love her Tatooine Disguise as well. I've wanted to do that myself for a while.

And also since I derailed and all I'll just say Hi to everyone my name is Sarah I joined in 2008. As I mentioned I'm from Australia and have had the pleasure of trooping with a few of Naboo's members on a number of occasions and I look forward to hopefully doing that in NZ someday soon.
montee916 ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm Wayne.

Yet another Aucklander, and much like Jackie I've been around for a while now without officially signing up. Razz The first troop I was a part of was back in August of 08 and after a couple of attempts at doing costumes, I decided to go back to my first love and stick with doing the photo work for our Outpost, which can be found here
Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Sarah, I am not a small person and I more than likely won't fit the costume, and I would much rather that someone who can fit it have it and wear it than me get it and it just sits there not being worn...Very Happy Thanks though!

I went back today to get some Fabric for Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty and found the same fabric, but with Silver backing instead of white...it might work, not the best, but still it could pass for the Fireside Gown skirt Fabric...one hopes...lol

@Montee916: Love the shots!

C

Twitter me This!

Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jackie, Wayne and Sarah! Smile

Keen to see you in the RL Jackie - I love Padme's Clone Wars outfits Wink But I totally understand on having a hard time deciding!

It would be great to have you over for a visit someday Sarah, I had a fantastic time on my visit to Melb'geddon Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I"m Andrea and I"m from Tokoroa. I"m a dual member of both Outpost 42 and the Naboo Outpost as are a lot of folks here. I started trooping in 2006 and I did a lot of the ground work to get this outpost up and running. I have two RL costumes my Jawa (which is a dual costume as it's also my 501st official costume) and my Jedi Master. I have just upgraded my jawa mask and my jedi belt so there's always something on the go. What size is the Padme costume. I fit a 6 or an 8 as I am petite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: