About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=aeefb3a1e6ceb7706283a0114b2029adMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ranger Squad Facebook Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurodor (David Obaidallah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Ranger Squad Facebook Page Reply with quote

I posted this in the Ranger Squad forums and then remembered not everyone can see it hehe...

Here is the link to the page in case I missed anyone on the invites. Smile

http://www.facebook.com/NarShaddaaRangerSquad

Ranger Squad CO
TK/ID - 4185 MWG
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....

lol..

The following will probably be a bit long...and..
since these days, our attention span is very short

hence FB posts past about one sentence are confined to "see more" cuz people have no attention span past a sentence...
so most will probably not read it...

I have nothing against the new Ranger Page...
or the new NSB private FB page...
it is just that you won't see me at any of them much....

because..
I am really tired of social media...

the following (which most won't read cuz it is past one sentence...lol...) is, hopefully, a bit of an explanation....
the large generation gap between me and most of you guys.

I was born in 1951.
at my house, there was no television...when we did get a tv it was my Dad's domain. IF he was watching TV...you could watch what he was watching...otherwise the TV was off.

We had a phone...it was for emergencies only...no one used the phone.
Phones had rotary dials...and I still remember party lines.

Starting with me attending grammar school -as soon as school was out and until a couple days before it resumed I was shipped down to Southern IL where I had 6 Aunts and Uncles with farms....I would be passed from farm to farm for the summer working as a farm hand doing chores like feeding the pigs, picking up eggs, chopping weeds out of the crop fields...and many other tasks. Some of my Aunts and Uncles had no indoor plumbing...you used the outhouse and used a big pan to wash up after you pumped the water from the well.

I walked to school.

I graduated High School in 1969....still well before most of you were born. The 60's was turbulant...I can tell you that first hand. I started my first part time job at 15 - by the time I was 16 I had two part time jobs and went to school. I worked 7 days a week. I also had to pay room and board as soon as I brought home a paycheck...

you get the idea...
life was a little different...

I find that these days people spend more time talking about stuff than doing stuff...

Lately, often when you are conversing with someone face to face...they are only partly paying attention to you as their smart phone is in their hand and they are checking this...that...and the other thing...probably thier "social media" pages...
I find this very annoying to the point that I want to take said phone and put it where the sun don't shine...
probably why I will never own a cell phone....
lol...

and...

oh yeah..

photographic proof...
this is me "slopping the hogs"

So....I guess I want to say to "go for it" with all the social media...
but you will likely not see me there much..
I struggle to keep up with the boards and pages that I already am "subscribed" too..

Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute! Though I was born in the 80's, we used to get out and do stuff a lot too! That's why I enjoyed the Dellwood Park shoot. It was 4 hours of nothing but hanging out and taking pics, being big goofy overgrown kids.

I'll still be active on all the facebook pages though. The good thing is, since most of the posts are very short, it doesn't take a lot of time to make them Smile The hardest part for me is trying to constantly find relevant pictures to post. A lot of events lately haven't had photogs and those that don't haven't been posting a lot of them to the boards.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the story above is just meant to explain why I look at things the way I do...

I just grew up way differently from most folks around here....

Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: