About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c8ff9684a0d2a9e0f95e5ebb78256bc1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

DK/LFL SWRD Event: B&N Amherst, NY 10/06/12

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: DK/LFL SWRD Event: B&N Amherst, NY 10/06/12 Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Rebels ,

10/6/2012 is the official Star Wars Read Day.
Book Distributors such as DK , Scholastic , Del Rey , Dark Horse , Hammond , Chronicle , Abrams , Titan , and Workman have all teamed up with LucasFilms Ltd. to promote Star Wars Reading.
This store will be receiving Star Wars Kits from Lucasfilms and DK for distribution.
DK will also be donating Star Wars Books on behalf of all of the participating fan groups for our participation at this venue.

Event Name: Star Wars Reads Day
Event Purpose/Benefit/Charity/Cause:
Venue: Barnes & Noble
Venue address: 1565 Niagara Falls Blvd Suite 300, Amherst, NY 14228
Event Date: Oct. 6, 2012 Start Time 12:30 PM End Time 2:30 PM arrive at 11:30 - 12:00 PM we will meet outside and go in together.
Indoor/Outdoor/Both Indoors
Will there be a spacious secure private secluded room for changing into costume and storing personal items?: Yes. Please Describe:
Note : Restrooms do not meet this requirement.
Will cold water/beverages be provided Yes
Please Describe:
How many characters would you like to have? 4
Are there any special requests for a certain Star Wars Hero to attend? Rebel Pilots, Jedi, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader

Gil Guemes is point of contact for this location.

http://starwars.com/reads/

Activity Guide

Attending:

Gil Guemes - Rebel Pilot Jek Porkins.
Lawrence Tetewski - Jedi
Janice Mergenhagen - Emperor Palpatine
Dan Malcolm - Snowtrooper

Non costumed craft/activity support Norma and Kathleen from The North Ridge Buffalo FanForce

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BigDanLevitan (Dan Malcomb)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you there Gil
Pol Delorac (Lawrence Tetewsky)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Anxious approval Reply with quote

I will definitely be there for this event.
Jordan Nile (Janice Mergenhagen)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: SW Reads event Reply with quote

I'll be there, ready to read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend is last call for this event.
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFBlvd crew: There is a plan to meet for coffee and a light snack at 10:30am at Tim Horton's at NFB/I-290 before meeting at 11:15am in the parking lot to go in together.

After extensive planning this week, in person with the manager I think we have our set gameplan for tomorrow. The store management team was impressed by the level of planning and person attention that we have shown them in partnering for this event.

This will be an awesome event because of the awesome people involved!

Any questions, please call my cellphone.

My thanks to everyone involved!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event went really well! We even got a new Jedi recruit from the event and I look forward to seeing them again in the future!

On behalf of The Rebel Legion, Echo Base and The 501st, Garrison Excelsior I want to personally thank Kathleen & Norma From The North Ridge FanForce for their invaluable assitance today running the craft tables! Awesome work guys!

It's really great to see all three groups work together and get such good results.

The Management of the store was very impressed with our performance today!

Mission report and pictures to follow.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We began by handing out "Galactic Passports" to all of the kids who came for the event, and they were instructed to go through the store and locate the 4 Star Wars characters hidden and get their passport stamped.

Once they had all of the stamps the kids were cleared to go to the craft tables.

We did Trivia, and then a special guest came and read a story to all of the kids about space travel.

Yes, I know it's not a Star Wars book, but that's what my daughter asked me to bring home for her...

It was a great showing and we kept the kids engaged the entire time, I saw more than a few kids heading to checkout with new Star Wars books...

Thank you to:
Barnes & Noble
DK Publishing
Lawrence Tetewski - Jedi
Janice Mergenhagen - Emperor Palpatine & Han Solo
Dan Malcolm - Snowtrooper
Bill Breindel - Jedi recruit for Echo base
Norma and Kathleen from the North Ridge FanForce for running the craft tables and keeping the kids entertained.

Without all of the hard work of everyone involved this event could not have been possible. It's really great to see all three groups work together and get such good results. The store is already looking forward to doing this again next year with us!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reads Event Reply with quote

Nice work all of you! Great picts Gil !
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: