Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=66b03e9ea67e61beb04209cd5cfe1305Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker's Jedi Costume
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Master_Skywalker_ wrote:
Joe's art is amazing. Congrats & well done on helping Joe with his project Matt Very Happy

All thanks to you, mate! Wink

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Melex ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't know how you guys do it im still confused i can do complicated math and science, and build an r2 unite ( yes im apart of teh builders club for it) but I just can't do this.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melex: Is there a particular part of the costume you'd like some help with?
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've asked this same question in numerous different threads. That is known as spamming. Please ask in only one thread.

Melex wrote:
how did you make the costume im so confused on what to do i want to sow mine but what did you do?

Melex wrote:
I just don't know how you guys do it im still confused i can do complicated math and science, and build an r2 unite ( yes im apart of teh builders club for it) but I just can't do this.

Melex wrote:
Hello i join the forum a week ago and i would like to start on my Luke death star deul costume well the pants and torso part. I only have the boots, glove, and lightsaber. So how should i do it I might get it stiched so where do i get the pattern for it or if i buy the torso and pants where do i get them?

You could always get a professional tailor to make it for you if you cannot do it. That is what I did because I could not make mine myself.

Melex ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Skywaler has been stalking me lol, but just the main parts. some nice lady cantacted me saying she has the fabrics hilt and belt so i might get it from her. its just getting a seamstress and what ever it is they need so they can start.
Melex ()

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've asked this same question in numerous different threads. That is known as spamming. Please ask in only one thread.

Melex wrote:
how did you make the costume im so confused on what to do i want to sow mine but what did you do?

Melex wrote:

Melex wrote:
Hello i join the forum a week ago and i would like to start on my Luke death star deul costume well the pants and torso part. I only have the boots, glove, and lightsaber. So how should i do it I might get it stiched so where do i get the pattern for it or if i buy the torso and pants where do i get them?

You could always get a professional tailor to make it for you if you cannot do it. That is what I did because I could not make mine myself.

Also not many people are answering my post or giving me good question on what to do. So what am i suppose to do then?
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can only ask...usually people try to help where they can. If you don't get the help you are looking for then my advice would be to either:

A) buy a Museum Replica's Luke Skywalker(the Death Star Duel is approvable- Jabba's Palace is not accurate enough)

or

B) get some screencaps & take them to a tailor and say" I want this made, how much" that was what I did when I first started out, before I had anyone to help me & before there was Museum Replica's.

If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way & it will be worth it Wink

Jedi-Liam ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A truly life long fan of star-wars here, 16 Now still studying and I have been looking at the Museum Replicas Luke Skywalker rotj and to my eye it looks pretty good as off the shelf costumes go...
Could someone give me a rough breakdown of what I would be letting myself in for?
And also is 5,7 , and slim (28") a good proportion for luke? I think I am roughly a similar build
Many thanks to all who endeavour to help!
May the force be with you Ben
JeroenM ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help you much with the master replicas(all I know is that the deathstar duel version is approvable, but the jabba's palace version isn't), but I made mine myself at a fraction of the cost of the MRs. you do not need to be a master with the needle, as this was my first experience with the sewing machine too. You only need to make the vest and belt, all the other items can be found at low cost. the vest can be made from a simple shirts pattern.
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeroenM wrote:
I can't help you much with the master replicas(all I know is that the deathstar duel version is approvable, but the jabba's palace version isn't), but I made mine myself at a fraction of the cost of the MRs. you do not need to be a master with the needle, as this was my first experience with the sewing machine too. You only need to make the vest and belt, all the other items can be found at low cost. the vest can be made from a simple shirts pattern.

This is good advice Wink

Melex ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeroenM wrote:

This is good advice Wink

I see this will be a day long remembered get ready to see luke walking the streets wit hhis r2 unite
kwills (Kimberly Wills-Starin)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: seams! Reply with quote

Hi guys - I've started a commission ROTJ Luke for another member. I can't find any information on the back seams of the jacket. Any help would be appreciated. I can't tell if Luke's jacket is princess seamed like the Imperial uniforms or not.

I've made a few uniforms now, so either way won't be problem. I'm making the jacket and pants out of black cotton.

Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: seams! Reply with quote

kwills wrote:
Hi guys - I've started a commission ROTJ Luke for another member. I can't find any information on the back seams of the jacket. Any help would be appreciated. I can't tell if Luke's jacket is princess seamed like the Imperial uniforms or not.

I've made a few uniforms now, so either way won't be problem. I'm making the jacket and pants out of black cotton.

Thanks!

I have a HD image pull that shows the back seams really well, but I don't know how to upload that pic here for you... (new to the forums).

I can say that there are 3 back seams. There is one in the middle, starting from the top (not the collar, the shoulder piece) and ending between the shoulder blades. The other two start from the bottom (centered roughly above each buttock) and rise to the center of each shoulder blade. These are essentially fitting seams, to more closely fit the shirt to the back.

Hope that helps!
kwills (Kimberly Wills-Starin)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it helps alot. It's too late for the first one I made- but I actually got a commission for a second Luke ROTJ, so I can use your info for that. I think I need to pick up a new shirt pattern anyway, since I have to alter my jacket pattern way too much to make it close enough fitted.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwills wrote:
Actually, it helps alot. It's too late for the first one I made- but I actually got a commission for a second Luke ROTJ, so I can use your info for that. I think I need to pick up a new shirt pattern anyway, since I have to alter my jacket pattern way too much to make it close enough fitted.

I commissioned mine recently as well (just picked it up 2 days ago!) and my seamstress had me lend her my best fitting dress shirt to base her pattern off of. I have to say, her work is truly outstanding! We based everything off of Blu Ray HD image pulls that showed far more than the DVD image pulls I'd seen. If I knew how to add pics to these posts, I'd be showing you! Grrrr!

As for using a shirt as basis for a pattern that already fits your client, that was very helpful to her for establishing a pattern that was specific to me. Also, depending entirely on the shirt measurements you're fitting for, it might be possible to buy the pattern that she already established. If you don't mind me asking, what's the shirt size of your client?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: