Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b299877cb3b2f842068eccd19c39548eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New to the Rebel Legion! Hoping to Join!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Au-ke Cokan (Kevin Austin)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: New to the Rebel Legion! Hoping to Join! Reply with quote

Hi Guys and Gals!!!
My Name is Kevin Austin. I live in Overland Park, KS. I have recently discovered the existance of the Rebel Legion and have fallen in love with the idea of being apart of this organization! My Jedi persona that I am working on is Au-Ke Cokan, Lightsaber color: green. Haven't fully come up with any back ground story for my character, but its in the works. I look forward to joining you all soon!

I am in the works of a Jedi costume, But Im not sure what category it would fall under. I am basing it off of Kento Mareks uniform from the force unleashed game (without the armor) and a mix of regular jedi undiform. I have made the tunic out of natural gauze and the tabards, hood, and flaps out of dark brown suede. Before I can submit the costume for approval I need a belt, lightsaber and boots (in the process of getting). But What I guess I am getting at is, Would this costume qaulify under the standards??

any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed!
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rebel Legion Kevin...

I am going to re-direct you over to our Jedi forums where we have many members who should be able to guide you down the path to completing your Jedi costume. Jedi Forums

Take some time and read thru the many threads over there and get an idea of what is needed to complete a Jedi costume. I would also check out the Jedi standards so there are no suprizes! Generic Jedi Standards

Also you may want to check out some of The Force Unleashed Characters Standards ... not sure you will find your costume there, but it will give you an idea of what may be needed if you go down the path os a specific character... and not a generic Jedi.

Good luck!

Bob Kohn
Legion Council
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin. Welcome! Definitely check out the Jedi section of the boards and the standards to start. Also, if you want to work on costume stuff locally, many of the local members have gatherings (myself included) from time to time, so keep an eye out here for folks to post about that or start asking around; let us know what you need!

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the RL, Kevin!

I look forward to meeting you in the future. Always feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are more than happy to help you out in any way we can.

Also if you see an event we have posted that you can attend we can always use extra handlers (ie, helping with photos, crowd control, etc). That way you can meet some of your local folks while you are working on your costume.

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome guys! I will keep on the look out for cunstruction parties and I have been watching for the local events. I am really wanting to go to them when able so I can start meeting local members! Ben Thanks and I will ask if I need anything in the future!
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post some pix of what you have completed if you can; that'd be the best way to get an idea of where you are as far as the standards. The good news is that the 'generic' jedi standards have been streamlined (no more old republic vs. new republic), so as Bob hinted at unless you're doing a specific character from TFU unleashed as they appear on-screen, you'll be under the generic Jedi standards.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a few belts for some jedi and sith. I'll be holding an informal armor party this friday as I have some things to work on. Also the topic of lightsabers is a long topic LOL. But I will warn you that when you get around some of us with the custom sabers you get saber envy really fast. I was using just a Hasbro FX saber and was getting saber envy on the other more brighter sabers at the troops so tossed down the green to get me a nice bright saber that is mine and only mine. Evil or Very Mad

Aside from the brightness it was hard to tell little kids when they see your saber and ask why do you have "_____"'s saber? I don't get asked that with mine. Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the Kit Fisto one because of the money(I just got it yesterday in the mail), I have seen a few different saber sites and I know what you are talking about! I decided to go with the kit fisto one in the hopes that it would be the least recognizable among the stock ones that are out there with out the cost of a custom one. I will post pictures one I can get my camera up and running for my costume! I would very much like to attend your armor party, I wouldnt know what to take to work on but just seeing others projects would give me great ideas im sure!!! Shall I send you my contact information or the othere way around? Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Kit Fisto is a good one because there were a few that had that saber, and you can always buy the conversion kit and upgrade your saber to the single LED.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I didnt know that I could do that??? How? So that way if a battle occurs the lights dont start going out and I would have dark spots in the blade right? my cell is 913 568 8769. Its half off til thursday so I can get txts and calls but I cannot call or txt out lol. Shocked
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are conversion kits to do that with.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hasbro-Removable-Blade-FX-Kit-Fisto-conversion-kit-P742.aspx
That is the kit, and you should be able to find the tutorial on how to do it on the forums for that site.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.facebook.com/kevin.burch.98

I Uploaded photos of my uniform thus far on my facebook. I can't figure out how to upload them onto here. lol. I can sew, draw and craft but when it comes to computers Im pretty simple lol. So take a look and tell me what you think! Of course I was making an awful face because the sun was in my eyes haha![/img]
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far... I can't tell though, is that just a hood, or a hooded cape?

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has a cape but its only about 14" long and just covers the shoulders and upper back. i am wanting to make an actual robe before i submit it for approval!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have the kit fisto saber. I was wanting to give it painted accents. what kind of paint should i look for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: