About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ef14f895afa9693d0d7dca9f8d4e3fc8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Female wooks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIVETHEAD ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weirdest thing for me, having only just got my stilts as well, is feeling that my foot is not straight on the stilt. I am going to take a pair of old Doc Martins and bolt those on for the extra support.
Kallabeccani (Angela Basinger)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooohoooo you go girl! I am gonna be absolutely terrified when I get mine lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this might be a stupid question but.. when you go to sewing the pieces together are tou using bias tape or just sewing the mesh together. I plan on cutting and sewing this weekend and could not tell on the screenshots that was taken.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bacca9 (Jamie "Gingersnap")
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally used bias tape, but I don't think you need to Smile It just made me feel like the seams were a bit stronger with it. Good luck! It's nice to see some more lady Wooks around!
RIVETHEAD ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife just overlapped the parts and went to town with the sewing machine. It is a tight job. She used white string on the black mesh, so you could see the seam.
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the part about six breasts I was like 'what is she talking about?' Then I saw the 1983 snippets and went 'ah. That explains it. One of those things.' Smile

Like a lot of other old stuff things have been changed around, and today female wookiees have a human form along with two breasts. I'd recommend taking a look at the comic Chewbacca. You can clearly see the two breasts only in that one.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is more the direction I am going the hard part about it is making the dip between the two mounds. We dont go straight across with uni-breasts lol even if that is how most shirts fit. But after reading how the outfit should fit my only thought is to cut out those two areas and add extra material there so you have the dip inbetween as well as the mounds.
Roheryn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should reduce the density of latching between the breasts so that it will not stick out so much?
I myself was thinking (more like brainstorming) about installing a soundsystem between the breasts, just a small speaker would do, like in those speakershirts? When the boobs are big enough there is room for it I guess Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would watch putting the speaker so low. You do not want the sound to be coming from the chest. It might be better to move it closer to the neck. I know talking to Matt about this on facebook. I would like to go with the speaker in the mouth cavity if possible.
But that is still sometime off from now. Although my wook will havw a working mouth she might not have sound right yet.

In other news I am ordering my stilts today when I get home! Waiting on my hair samples to get here and experimenting on some old t-shirts tonight wish me luck!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am having a hard time finding 15" stilts! I am looking all over ebay and the dont carry the skywalker stilts in that height. They have a big jack one :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Painters-Drywalls-STILTS-15-23-Blue-/130691199434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1e6dcd71ca

and there is some very nice 18"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Alloy-Drywall-Stilts-Adjustable-18-to-30-Inch-Tool-Stilt-Painter-Taping-/390440459124?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

I am about 5'10" give or take depending on shoes. Does anyone know about these brands or could give me some insight?
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever used Dura-Stilts but in running into other Wooks the stilts all seem to be the same regardless of the brand. They all have the same mechanism for ankle movement (with the exception of the Skywalker Stilts which have a different design for the ankle mechanism) same basic design for the calve braces, etc.

There also Jay Walker Stilts from StiltWerks. These have much more articulation than any drywall stilts. I have always wanted to try them but they appear to be made to order, so probably very expensive. These are what Disney's stilt walkers use.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I just ordered mine from e-bay! Should be here next week. I went ahead with the 18 inch...wish me luck with my first steps in them lol
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. When you get them take it slow. Start off next to a wall or something. Just practice a bit every day. Eventually your body will learn how to move on the stilts it will be just a weird pair of shoes. When you assemble them be sure to tighten those bolts! The one time I fell was because I didn't tighten them the day after I got them. One came lose and down I went.
forestmoonstudio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kallabeccani wrote:
Ok this might be a stupid question but.. when you go to sewing the pieces together are tou using bias tape or just sewing the mesh together. I plan on cutting and sewing this weekend and could not tell on the screenshots that was taken.

I just cut strips of black material and sandwiched the mesh between it and then just sewed up the seam. Then turn it inside out so the extra material is on the inside.

I cut a V gusset in the back of the leg area and added more material so that area is wider to hide the foot ledge from the stilts.
forestmoonstudio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kallabeccani wrote:
I would watch putting the speaker so low. You do not want the sound to be coming from the chest. It might be better to move it closer to the neck. I know talking to Matt about this on facebook. I would like to go with the speaker in the mouth cavity if possible.
But that is still sometime off from now. Although my wook will havw a working mouth she might not have sound right yet.

In other news I am ordering my stilts today when I get home! Waiting on my hair samples to get here and experimenting on some old t-shirts tonight wish me luck!

I found that size does matter when it comes to speakers. The bigger the speaker that you can get away with the better the sound.
Mine sits on my chest. The bigger speaker makes it sound like it is coming from the mouth area.
It gives me a little bit bigger looking chest but I think it works pretty good.

I cut a hole in a plastic bowl and mounted the speaker inside. Added straps with a clip to hang in around my neck.

You can't really see where the speaker is when I am in costume.

Standing with other Wookiees you can't tell I even have the big speaker on my chest.

With a female Wookiee you could have two speakers and have them mounted where your breasts are. That would help define the chest area more.
Being that 99% of us are not Peter Mayhew's height and size we have to be like a magician. Magic is about tricking the mind into seeing something that really isn't what it seems.
Everything should be proportionate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: