About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7a3db233ca4c18bedce25c46bc35a5b1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

R2's Blog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job! and I must say.. you are looking really good! your maker did a awesome job on your upgrades

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good hearing from you Savior...
yes...
my new paint job and new pieces make me feel many million parsecs newer...

but...let's remember it is your removal of my "gangsta lean" that fueled my renewal.

Very Happy

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy...
I was one busy Astromech on Saturday...
seems for the entire day I was being taken apart, put together, riding in the transport or rattling around these edifaces that appeared to store the collective knowledge of the planet.

Speaking of transports...it would seem that the maker was having trouble with her tranport. At times, as she was at hyperspeed, the front end of the transport would shake violently and I was getting tossed around the back. As she pulled out of the spacelane I asked her if I should take a look at the transport, I am, after all...and Astromech. But she said we were on an important mission and there was no time for spacelane repairs, so we kept it under hyperspeed.

At any rate, in the morning we were in the Braidwood galaxy for "Star Wars Reads" day. As always, the sentients were glad to see me and I met a lot of new friends...
but best of all..
the Princess was there!
I am always happy to be on a mission when I can assist Princess Leia (I hear she now uses the alias "Janine" a lot when she is undercover on missions).

After the Braidwood mission, we loaded up and headed for the Plainfield galaxy for another Star Wars Reads mission.
WOW! Was there a lot of sentients at this mission!

The Princess was also on this mission but Captain Rex was muscling in on my time with the Princess...and I found out what Darth Vader looked like when he was really young..

There was also a Jawa present...and Jawas always make me nervous...

but a good time was had by all...

I made it home in one piece and had no pieces missing...and my voice and lights worked properly all day..
..always a good thing.
I have discovered that the maker is just a bit more careful with me since she took me all apart and re-painted me.

Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure to have you at the Plainfield Library Artoo, thank you for coming out Mr. Green

Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Outlaw Squadron CO

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maker says her transport is now fixed...
and without my assistance...

who knew?

Apparently the steering dampner went out and the front end was going "nuts" as she put it......where she was grumbling about having to spend credits to get it fixed...she did recognize the fact that the original dampner lasted over 215,000 miles and she did make it to both Star Wars Reads events as she intended.

Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
The maker says her transport is now fixed...
and without my assistance...

who knew?

Apparently the steering dampner went out and the front end was going "nuts" as she put it......where she was grumbling about having to spend credits to get it fixed...she did recognize the fact that the original dampner lasted over 215,000 miles and she did make it to both Star Wars Reads events as she intended.

Hopefully the required credits didn't send her back too far....
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!

Another exciting day!

The maker brought me back to the Milwaukee Galaxy for a mission to the Discovery Center. I had been there in the earth year 2010, but the maker left me home last year as she had to bring a lot of other stuff. This year, however, a lot of the other "stuff" had to be left home to make room for me....thankfully this year she remembered that it is all about me.

I was stationed at the door where the uniformed members walked in so I had a wonderful vantage point for the whole day. Princess Leia was there again...always a good day when the Princess is there, but sadly, the maker got no photos of me with the Princess today. Also, I did recognize one of my former owners Handmaidens there also...I tried to get her attention but the other Princess (Dee is the name that the Handmaiden is using in this galaxy) was very busy....very important matters for the Rebellion.

I also ran into Chewbacca, Toryn Farr (but she was acting as a double for Princess Leia on Endor), Captain Rex, Wedge Antilles (he is now commanding this rag-tag bunch of Rebels), Boushh and even one of our Y-Wing pilots. Where I missed seeing the savior...I did get a chance to hang out with the Master Builder (Darryl) for a while and his offspring watched over me for much of the day as the maker was also very busy with business for the Rebellion. It was so good to see some of the old familiar faces from my life of years ago when I wandered the galaxy far, far away.

The maker didn't get any photos of me with all of the new sentients I met, but did get a few photos of me hanging out with my peeps.

When I first got there, I hung out and discussed many matters with Paul's R2 Unit...he is very smart....
and there were a few of my droid friends in line with us that are still under construction.

Later, the Master Builder arrived with my best buddy R2 S5 - always good to see S5 ....and S5 brought along his good buddy who is called "Chippy". Chippy is a black Astromech.

We discussed many things about how the galaxy has changed and, of course, we greeted all of the sentients who passed by. I had a very large stack of my trading cards with me and they were all gone by the time the maker and Princess Leia (wearing a disguise called "street clothes"...but I knew it was her) packed me up in the transport.

I had another wonderful day! It is always good to get out...even though the maker sometimes refers to it as a pain in a particular part of her anatomy...

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

I am officially a Rock Star!!

But....I digress.

The maker took me on a mission to the Wheaton Galaxy yesterday. She said it was most important. It seems that the United States Galactic Marines hold a toy drive every year at this time known as Christmas. The Galactic Marines....or just Marines as the maker informs me...
collect toys to give to younglings that have none under the tree for this occasion known as Christmas.

Helping the Galactic....er Marines was very important to me, so I was on board with this immediatly.

All I can say is WOW! The maker has taken me on a lot of missions, but I don't think I have ever had soooooo many people soooooo excited to see me. All I heard all day was..."there's R2".

I took so many photos I think my light receptors will have to be replaced. All of the people were so kind to me. The younglings were so well behaved that most of them were actually afraid to touch me. The maker assured the younglings that I was strong and very well built and that they were free to give me hugs and check out my construction with the laying of hands.

I met so many new friends and got to hang out with the Marine and exhange stories....

A couple of the very hard working people snuck out of the kitchen of the Tap Cafe at this place called Cantigny for a photo with me...I was happy to have a photo with the workers.

We formed our Rock Band....I like to call it "R2 and The Imperials"....but I am sure that Lord Vader would probably want something like "Vaders Rockers"...but...hey...this is my story...

I met sooooooooooo many new friends!

The maker says I may be going out to the Algonquin Galaxy next Saturday to do bell ringing for the Salvation Army...
I have no idea what that is...
but I have a week to do research ...
provided the Maker gives me access to the computer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: