Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fb8efeec91572965be3215a23591e911Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Security Detachment?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mithras ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Security Detachment? Reply with quote

Hello, everyone -

I apologize if this is a non-no topic but it's something I've been thinking about for some time, as I have a Senate Guard in the approval queue.

Would it be possible for us to create a Security Detachment? I ask because the needs of the Senate Guard costumers (as well as other security positions within the Senate) are somewhat unique compared to the formal dress of the Senators and Royalty. I would surmise that this would include Guards and some of the other miscellaneous costumes that would be related specifically to Senate Security.

If not, then may I suggest we allow members of the Senate Guard to be both "Troopers" and members of the Senate Group? Their interests and costuming needs might be better served and more prominently featured if linked to that more martially based group.

-Mithras
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senate Guards are already allowed to be part of the Rebel Legion Galactic Senate. They aren't really troopers who get down into the trenches, but you could ask in the trooper section if you like.

Mithras ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
Senate Guards are already allowed to be part of the Rebel Legion Galactic Senate. They aren't really troopers who get down into the trenches, but you could ask in the trooper section if you like.

According to canon, they aren't just there to look pretty... I know that they are allowed to be part of the Senate detachment. However, they are a completely different kind of costume, as are the Senate Commandoes. My concern is that, as military rather than nobility, they are often overlooked by others in the Senate detachment. Questions about them are oftwm buried under multiple posts about Padme's dresses, Senatorial robes and gowns, etc. In addition, there is often confusion about where to find their costuming requirements, both because they arw hard to find, and because of lack of claritynin the requirements as written.

Naboo Security Forces are already treated as troopers; I had hoped to win support for the same status for the Senate security forces.
Boudicca (Jennifer Bagosy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that one of the reasons Forcepike.net expanded to add the Senate Guards (as opposed to just red Imperial Guard) was because it was a challenge to get attention, answers, and support for the costume on the RL forums. (And that, in large part, appears to be because the SG's are fundamentally different from the face characters that populate the Royalty detachment). Unfortunately, there is a disconnect there, because Forcepike is not a part of the RL, so those who rely on Forcepike to build their costumes do so at their own risk.

It seems to me that moving SG's to the Troopers detachment, or at least having "dual citizenship" with the Royalty & Troopers detachments, would get more attention for the costume and hopefully more costumers willing and able to try it.
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Celestia Delegation is all about inclusiveness, and we'd love to have Senate Guard resources as we continue to develop. If you'd like to help write tutorials, provide photo references, or anything of the like, don't hesitate to do so!

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

My Etsy shop: Sew Corellian
Mithras ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediDWH wrote:
For what it's worth, Celestia Delegation is all about inclusiveness, and we'd love to have Senate Guard resources as we continue to develop. If you'd like to help write tutorials, provide photo references, or anything of the like, don't hesitate to do so!

I'd love to help out, but my costume is apparently mired in bureaucracy at the moment, and I haven't been able to get it approved. This is part of the problem, I feel. There is simply not enough understanding of this kind of costume in a detachment that focuses upon formal political and evening wear rather than military garb. It's particularly shameful (this isn't directed at you, Lisa!) that we have to go to a 501st based site to get any sort of real information about the costume.

-Alex
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that being the case, we especially need to get more info on this side. If you're okay being the base expert for this costume, we'll definitely work with you on getting some tutorials up and the like. I can't help with the approval process, but I don't think we need to wait for the costume to be approved to start gathering information. Shoot me a PM either here or on the Sunrider boards, and we can figure out more specifics. Smile

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

My Etsy shop: Sew Corellian
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be buried here, but I did have a rather lengthy post about the Senate Guards because I myself have done a lot of "bleeding eyes" study on them. I am re-making one for my husband (and have plans for a Senate Commando) for him as well. If you have/had a question about the Senate Guard you could have posted your questions here and they would have been answered, I'm sure. There is currently a man who is making the Episode 1 version with actual horse hair plumes. I've responded to several of his posts here in this forum. I don't think the Senate Guards get overlooked at all.

But, if you want to give it a shot, you can ask the Trooper detachment about adding the Senate Guards and/or Commandos. We in the Royalty/Senatorial section can't do anything about adding them as troopers, you'd need to ask the troopers.

(The Standards for the Senate Guards can be found here in the Old Republic Royalty and Senatorial section: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8971 Scroll all the way to the bottom)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: