About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=58ee1c35871f2a65fb4f93a942adb19eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padawan in Training

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)

User Registered Confirmed
TheJediMasterTim ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Padawan in Training Reply with quote

Greetings my fellow Jedi. My name is Tim. I would like to appeal to the council for a Master Jedi to mentor me in the ways of Jedi Clothing creation. I hope to give satisfactory results to the council. I live in the region stated in the Base descriptions and am also an active member of the 405th, a halo costuming site. Any help regarding creation of a Jedi would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to create a traditional darker toned Jedi, along with the front face of a fett helmet and maybe some shoulder pieces and shins.
Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome,

Mountain Base has a Jedi Temple and Katsu Ma'roy (call-sign) is the Temple Jedi Master. You might want to contact her for assistance.

Thanks for your interest and hope troop with you soon.
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Padawan in Training Reply with quote

TheJediMasterTim wrote:
I wanted to create a traditional darker toned Jedi, along with the front face of a fett helmet and maybe some shoulder pieces and shins.

Greetings, young apprentice!

I'm the assistant Temple Master; thought I'd take a moment to say hello and ask you a couple questions in turn...

By traditional darker toned Jedi, you've got in mind the Old Republic earth-toned Jedi in mind, right? Obi-wan, Mace Windu, and so on? It also sounds like you're looking to do up an armored Clone Wars version of said Jedi too. Would that be a reasonable assumption?

Our Temple Master is around here somewhere; hopefully she'll chime in here soon too. We're glad to have you, and are more than happy to give you the assist to create your Jedi.

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.
TheJediMasterTim ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of your assumptions are correct Master. I want to be in the same timeline order as Galen Marek's Father Kento with a few cool looking pieces of armor not the full clonetrooper Jed armor. some forearms shoulders and shins/boots at the most. I have appealed to the Temple Master for a mentor if possible. I live in New Mexico which is basically USA's version of Mos Eisley.
darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Tim.

I make armor in the style you are referring to. Are you going to C6? If so we could meet up there with some other base members.

Jeff
TheJediMasterTim ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is C6 my senior Jedi? and I would be most appreciative of your skill if you could so kindly mentor me.
darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando Fl later this month.
TheJediMasterTim ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have college later on this month plus i have no costume. They don't have a celebration closer to us like West Coast maybe San Diego?
ScubaJedi (Regina Tironi)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a former Temple Master I have to let you know that you must have a formal costume FIRST to be admitted to the club if you do not already have a formal costume.

I have quoted the costume standards for the only aromored Jedi that are allowed as formal....

Quote:
Generic Jedi General, the Clone Wars

Permitted colors- Earth tones: Only browns and natural colors are acceptable. Shades of blue, green, orange and red are not permitted.

Soft Costume.

1. Inner tunic or Dickie. Mandarian-style acceptable.
2. Outer Tunic, Well-fitted, extending to the costumer's knee area.
3. Tabards, extends past the obi/sash,.
4. Obi/sash.
5. Belt, wide leather main belt with a covertec (or similar), thinner secondary belt on top of the main belt, and a buckle. Thinner secondary belt cannot be loose or "sag". No black belts accepted.
6. Brown Boots, (leather, seude, pleather) must rise at least to the calf, but not above the knee. No rubber boots, black boots, or visible laces permitted.
7. Pants or skirt.
8. No visible t-shirts.
9. Lightsaber (No toy sabers)

Jedi Armor.
Required. This is the only permitted combination.

Style 1) Animated Clone-styled armor. White only.
Hand plates & Forearms, black gloves.
Style 2) Heavy leather gauntlets

Shoulder/chest and bipep armor reserved for face characters only (Obi-Wan, Anakin).

Formal Requirements:
You must have at least two items from the list to be formal.

At least one set of four food capsules

At least one of the following pouches: small brown ribbed belt pouch, tall brown ribbed belt pouch, or wide brown ribbed belt pouch

Comlink on armored forearm

Optional.
Decals (limited to this selection)

1. Republic logo
2. Jedi Order symbol.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that up, Gina. I ran out of time yesterday, and couldn't find it.

Tim, here's a link to a good tutorial on putting together an Old Republic Jedi:
http://home.comcast.net/~jedikai/

It comes from a member of Seattle's Alpha Base, but I've seen her work in person, and it's top notch.

TheJediMasterTim ()

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the help Masters especially the link I appreciate it greatly. The Jedi in that link is exactly what I was looking for. could anyone possibly link me to some pdo files for the animated series forearms and handplates? this would be greatly appreciated. And what would happen if I made a helmet to go along with the Jedi? would I be disallowed in the Temple?
ScubaJedi (Regina Tironi)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helmets are not part of the official costumeand are therefore not allowed for submissins. However, if you want to make a costume with a helmet, you can always troop with it but DO NOT submit it.

I've been "unofficial" for years & trooped in the costume before they actually did generic Clone Wars Jedi Generals (especially for girls).

As for PDFs, just go to Google, that is your best bet for pics. If you want to have them made, , look in the for sale section of the forums to see if anyone is doing a run currently.

I don't even remember who I got mine from so I can't help you since it was so long ago ... sorry.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
TheJediMasterTim ()

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a long time ago in a galaxy not so far away? lol well I was actually looking for a PDO file not PDF. I'm an active member of the 405th a Halo costuming site, and we build armor out of cardstock, and the files are pdo, so I was looking to find some clone wars pdo files since I already know what to do with it.
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How goes your project?

Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the armor we use here are vacuum formed ABS plastic. Generally speaking pepukura or other methods are not RL approved.

If you are looking for saber hilts, Darth Hair locally can make them. We also have an awesome local seastress -- MountainPrincess. For leather work for belts, you seek cyodarun.

Tony should be able to point you to good boot suppliers.

Good luck with your progress.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: