About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=58c28b3bfc835822d76a98bd38d69a0aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Reel Creations group order- next order soon (June 2013)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reel Creations group order- next order soon (June 2013) Reply with quote

So I am looking at ordering some more Reel Creations large colour pots. As they came in such a large box last time I'm pretty sure they will be able to post many of them Smile

These come in paint palette type flat containers and are absolutely free of alcohol. they take about 24hrs to fully dissolve in IA or grain alcohol if you can get your hands on it. They go a very very long way if you use a brush/sponge and can make up to about 100ml of a reasonably thick paint (still needs to be thinned a little from that to airbrush.

I think the propotions would be the same to mix to the movie colours (Aayla is three colours for instance, maul straight red and black, Shaak Ti in theory a mix of red and orange) as the liquids because they are the exact same stuff just poured and let to evaporate.

They were $US15/palette last time I looked. The paints really do stick very well (black the most!) and yet is relatvely easy to remove so long as you have a hot water source, soft soap and a terry cloth. Cold water will just run off. Lots of body butter helps too.

I'm getting some more Shaak Ti coulours Smile I think it worked out to $NZ22 each including shipping, and that could go down with more pallets in the box Smile Also Tracey and Fred are lovely to deal with so it's not a difficult process Smile

Edit: These have gone up to $US16 and shipping winds up taking them to about $NZ25 each, but it depends on the exchange rate etc.
https://www.reelcreations.com/products/item_details.asp?idprod=206

Last edited by neimhaille () on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo this is great timing, I was just looking at their colour charts yesterday Smile I'm definitely keen to order some of their colour pots, thanks to some hands on experience Wink After having problems with my current Barriss makeup at Orlando, I'm very keen to upgrade.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go for some black and red.......
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile I know it didn't take long to ship last time, about a week turn around so if that is a for sure I can make an order this weekend? It'll be in time for Geddon I hope.
I think we still have a reasonable exchange rate so shipping shouldn't be too bad Smile

Let me know preferred method of distribution Smile I can post or drop off or what have you Smile
Gorman (Dean Brown)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trooping 'Geddon.

But I'll be onsite the entire time with other duties.. Can acquire them from you then if easier.

When would you like monies??
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Geddon will be fine Smile Cool beans. One of each? They do go very far.

I'll email Tracey tonight and see if she can get me a quote on shipping for say 6 pots Smile I am not sure what green would be good Bariss but they have a wide range of greens. I can ask n my email Smile
Gorman (Dean Brown)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of each will be great!
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! The pots are on the website and I have my profile working so I have your two colours in my order as well as my own.
https://www.reelcreations.com/products/item_details.asp?idprod=206

I will give a few days for anyone else to get in on the order Smile

Oh as a side note, thre is an NZ company that sells airbrush inks. I have used them for Liara and quite like them. They are prediluted. I used two bottles to reduce to get about as much as in one Color Pot. But at $22.50 a bottle are still pretty reasonable Smile
http://www.airbrushedtattoos.co.nz/4593.html

I can change my Reel Creations order too if anyone would prefer to use these guys Smile I use these, RC and latona's for different reasons (latona's red is a little more berry than RC and is a PITA to remove without Isopropyl Myristate). I have only used the white so I am not sure what their red, blues or green are like.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile Just as a heads up I'm leaving this til Tuesday to order, if we get close to pinging customs for shipping and goods info I'll withdraw my portion of the order Smile It should be fine! I just need to keep checking the exchange rate Smile

BTW these are the exact same formulation as their inks, just with the alohol evaporated off. I think they wind up cheaper than the inks when made up to full volume even!
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an email from Tracey Smile Good news, order is being processed, I won't have full prices until I get the bill (shipping is one of those wait and see things). They will wind up close to the same price as the NZ airbrush inks but there is twice the paint.
I do recommend trying the NZ brand as well just to compare and in case there are any skin reactions etc. Smile

Also good news, it looks like 8oz bottles may just get through some customs internationally as "excepted quantities" I think meaning okay for personal cosmetic purposes. It may be even up to 16oz. So I'll check NZ customs specifically (an ex customs agent works like 5min walk from me for one Wink ) and if so then that is also very cool as their solvent and cleaners are great.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just waiting on delivery. Pretty sure a bank charge that shows up as "eftpos" with my CC info is from RC Wink I'll confirm when I get the package Smile But it looks like with the new price (in the last link) and shipping it's $29.50 a pot. It works out to close to 3flOz when made up (min 80ml-up to 100ml) so it is still very cost effective Smile And does not go off or get anything else mucky except when you are painting Wink

So if you are looking at getting a few pots (4+) it's probably easier to go individually but when ever I plan on ordering some more I'll post here and see if anyone wants me to get an extra one or two.
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for organising this Smile Looking forward to playing around with painting myself green Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to spread the love Wink No really Smile I have had so much trouble finding a paint to work with my skin and needs, if I can help anyone else that is great Smile I know how many trials I had....

Still going to get some of the NZ brand in white for Shaak Ti. Latona's is amazeb- amazing but I don't want it around my eyes again Smile It too can be evaporated into pots Smile It's how I got my blue and white for Liara in Wellington and D*C.

I know everyone has their preference so if it winds up just another option then that's okay too Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yes, that was the charge, this arrived this orning:

Hooray!

Anyone need those packing peanuts?I also have about 40L of them in the pillow shape.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: