About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f57c40155ce96e49b516cdb6e57ac864Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

to all the shaak ti costumes out there
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domnu (Christina Maher)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to use batton/cotton to stuff in the head to fill in the empty spaces inside. the lekku Im doing the same but not tightly so they stay flexible to move with me, to lay right over the tattas. lol
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the cut scenes from ROTS Shaak Ti actually wears boots. (Yes, I know it's against canon for a togruta to wear boots, but she does). If I remember correctly they are black and the sole very military like. Must admit it's been a long while since I last saw those scenes.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
JedimasterBrian ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find Shaak Ti wearing boots in E3ROS deleted scene, but if you have SWC Volumes 1&2 NOT seasons may I remind you. You'll actualy see Shaak Ti running across Coruscant bare footed while trying to get Chancelor Palpatine to a shelter during the booming of Coruscant in SWC Volume 2. I have the movies on DVD in case anyone has Q's.
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I think if it's a question of what to wear on your feet, the MOVIE over the TV show should be the more canon of the two. It doesn't really matter in the end, because the skirt will cover your feet and no one will see what you're wearing...or not wearing on your feet.

I'm just finishing the soft parts of this costume for a client and watched the deleted scene over and over last night. She most definitely has boot on. It also looks like she's wearing a stiff black taffeta (?) underskirt/slip to make the outer skirt stand out the way it does. When she first falls over, you can't see her boots, but when the scene comes back to her after showing Obi & Ani, you can see the soles of the boots (just like Matt mentioned).

Amanita ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the consideration that no matter how canon bare feet may be for a Togruta, it's not always advisable or practical to go around that way IRL. That and a lot of venues- RL troop locations or cons- may not allow bare feet for health and safety reasons.

I've got a pair of leather fringed-boot moccasins that I made from a Tandy kit, which will be used if I ever get my Force Unleashed Shaak Ti done.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for chiming in late here Smile I would suggest the boots were what she wore in her other scenes as well, or at least a close approximation.

As she is sitting down it would not make sense to wear such heavy soled boots- if anything the cheat would be to remove the boots to reduce noise or to be comfortable for the actress.
Given the amount of plotting and rehearsal that goes into a scene like this it would have been clear from the start her soles would be likely to be seen (and for that matter the inner skirt).
Usually soles like that are used to give added height, which doesn't make sense for a scene where seated but does for under a long trailing skirt when standing.
And finally as there were a few death scenes plotted wardrobe were probably in a situation where they had to plan for her standing or sitting- and it may have been easier to just use the one set of boots to make sure her skirt hemline was always in the right place.
http://www.rebelshaven.com/SWFFAQ/shaak.html
Second to last screenshot before all the behind the scenes stuff.

I need to recast my headpiece and am contemplating the movie version for myself so I wanted to work out footwear first. From personal experience the huge horns can wind up dwarfing the wearer so a little extra boost in the shoe department would help overall for balance.

Yes tfu Shaak Ti has bare feet and I did try sandals but will be trying for sticky on soles for my next outing should I decide to finish my remake Wink

I will be wearing a pair of boots I almost set aside for my costume donation pile Wink They actually are remarkably similar to Aayla's in the foot area but are black. From underneath they have the same toe and heel shape to Shaak Ti's except mine may be a little taller. Which is okay as I am shorter than Orli!
JedimasterBrian ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for long time away, but I was wondering Shaak Ti if you got your Togruta Shaak Ti outfit finished?
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope she oes read this still, her last post to the forums was in 2010 Sad

I myself has since created a whle new set of molds for the lekku (just gave the montral molds a bit of support. Much happier wth the shape now Smile Next step is to build an oven and start pricing foam latex....
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great!!!

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine is doing Ahsoka, so this thread is very interesting, thanks!

Fyr

Tython Base Facebook Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: