About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c78a2b23e9ead35276342e6b3aff3c6aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2012 Echo Base CO Nominations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorranFalco (Daniel Westbrook)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to nominate TrooperPX (David Ramsay) for CO. I know his work personally (as I live in the same town as him) and besides seeing his multiple kits get approved here, I have also seen him do well in our 3rd seat clan position in the Mandalorian Mercs.
darthgrace ()
Legion Merchandise Officer
Legion Merchandise Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would second that nomination
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel, Chris. I thank you for putting someone's name in , but David is not eligible to run. He does not have a year of active service with the base yet.
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
forceflaw wrote:
I have talked to the legion consul and told them there wear a number of people under one year who have an intrest they are talking about it to see what they can do.

The council will not act on this till after the nomination process is over... giving last minute people a chance to weigh in.

If and when the time goes by the proper procedure is for the COG to contact the BCO... then the BXO to verify they are indeed not interested in running. If it is stated that neither members are interested... then it goes to council...

Per the charter as it is right now, we can assign a member to take on the position or dissolve the base outright into the surrounding bases or the Outer Rim. If we were to go with members who had less than a year experience... it would require a majority vote by council to "overlook/ waive" that requirement for the position.

With that out of the way... let me offer some advice if you will allow me.

If and when no member steps up... the currant BCO has offered to take the positions one more time. My recommendation is to switch our your BXO once you have a member with a full year in who is interested in the job. Train them... then step down as BCO. It’s a good way to train a new BCO under the circumstances.

Just my 2 cents...

Bob Kohn
LC

At this point I think this would be are best bet since are current XO said they would not be seeking another term. As long as Tim would be willing to just take one more year.

18 " aggressive negotiations "
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Patrick Delieto for Base Commanding Officer.

I know he is very passionate and involved with the Rebel Legion and have trooped with him several times, plus he is always encouraging on these boards Very Happy

TB/TI/TK/TS/TX/CC/BH-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as Bob said, it's always great to take someone who is very interesting in command positions and get them in the fold so to say with support positions.

I started years ago as an Event Coordinator with the NER, which led to the similar position here under Mary Alice as NJ Regional Captain. The more I got involved, the more I learned about things in both groups and it definately helped prepare me when I was asked to move to the XO position in the NER. I did that for a few years and that in turn definately made it easy for me to step up into the CO position of the NER when the time came.

I think we have several members here that would do a great job stepping up as a CO, and hopefully one of those who are nominated would like to give it a try. But we also have lots of new members like Jarred and Tom who are ready to go and I think they would also do good starting off this new year as say a Regional Captain, XO or some other support staff position which would help ease the eventual transition to a BCO. You guys already have some involvement with the Bases and Temples and stuff so you do have some groundwork laid already.

I can definately say as much as you love these groups and being involved, until you are actually working in a command staff capacity you will never realize how much work it can be. It can still remain fun, but you have to understand there is actually a LOT of work to do when you take on one of these positions. And with Echo Base there is a ton of territory as we cover what equates to three or four 501st Garrisons. So starting off in a smaller role is suggested as it takes a good year or two being a regular member before you get a full understanding of all the things that go on here.

We are majorly recognized fan groups that not only work with local and national charities, but LFL itself as well as multi-million dollar companies. With the history and groundwork laid by those who came before us, it's necessary to take the roles seriously and keep the level of professionalism to the high standard that has been set - yet still encourage fun and recruitment.

And believe me (and I'm sure Tim feels the same way), we would never let it go so far as to have to dissolve the base, lol, one of us would do whatever it takes to make sure that didn't happen Wink

TB/TI/TK/TS/TX/CC/BH-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here to serve in any capacity I can. I understand the responsibilities. Others have been very supportive, and I want to keep that interest moving forward through recruiting and public exposure. While I have been in the RL for less than a year, I have been involved in the costuming community for over twenty. Cool I'm here when you need me.

End of line.
MCP520.135.769.881

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navajo Bro wrote:
I would like to nominate Patrick Delieto for Base Commanding Officer.

I know he is very passionate and involved with the Rebel Legion and have trooped with him several times, plus he is always encouraging on these boards Very Happy

2nd I have also trooped with him seemed like a great guy and a hard working troop member. He is active on the forum and would be great if he is willing to step up.

18 " aggressive negotiations "
burnoracle ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nomination Tim. I would accept the position if offered. I run a company which allows me a ton of flex time, thus the reasons I make it to almost all of the local troops. I'll support who ever is elected. I just reached out and met with the area manager for Make a Wish, we should be getting some great troops coming up in the near future.

If no one is decided, do we have to vote the chancellor emergency powers? Isn't this how the empire started? (joking)
2013: 25 Missions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, Tom you are a great trooper - reminiscent of myself when I joined the legion "bright eyed and ready to go". I would strongly suggest to you to stay on as the RC for NYC and LI. Jarred, if it is in the cards for you stay in as TM of Blumfruit Temple.

Echo is a large territory which means opportunity abounds - the base has the possibility to add two new costume detachments. Greater NY Sector may have another RC to balance out the events in that territory. We have events in Southern NJ and Delaware - we need members to go to them so we need PR. We need a website for the base to showcase to our communities who we are, so we will need members to go about that project. There is so much to do.

Everyone is focused on BCO and the post has some importance , but really its the positions under the BCO that really make the base work.

In my tenue, as many have seen I have added positions to the command staff, because we need them. I have no experience with Conventions, there are members that do - so I established the Base Convention Liaison post. The sole purpose of these members is to make sure Echo Base - Rebel Legion has a place at the con (table) etc. etc.
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: nomination Reply with quote

Thanks for the nomination Bro! It would be an honor to serve Echo Base. I hope I get the oppertunity. But I also of course will support who is elected.
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Patrick would be good in the Base CO position.

I was asked by a few people to run for Echo Base CO, but I honestly feel I can do more good as the Commander of the Hawkbats and the Detachment XO of Starfighter Command.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat are you accepting the nomination for CO?
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: post Reply with quote

Yes, I hope I get the oppertunity
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is refreshing to see so many new members show an interest in command and that a veteran was able to step up for the position in a time of need. Thanks Patrick!

The charter is an ever-changing document that is meant to protect us as a club, and at times can seem restrictive. The LAC will be reviewing that part of the charter that discusses the minimum amount of time in order to serve as a commander, to at least put something in there that allows us to waive the rule a bit easier for the future.

To the younger members of the base that saw this as an exciting opportunity... only to have a rule stop them… it does not need to stop you at all! You are members of one of the largest and oldest bases in the entire RL... with tons of history. I highly recommend working with your (soon to be) BCO and see what there is in a command position that you can take on to help the base.

I also want to thank everyone as a whole for stepping up their game at a moments notice. It's a hard thankless job... make sure to thank your commanders from time to time. Smile

Bob Kohn
Legion Council
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: