About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0963d82d3a735ad2c7daf700fa59029eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EXTENDED INVITE from Carolina Garrison for October Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverboyd ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: EXTENDED INVITE from Carolina Garrison for October Event Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to extend an invite to the Blue Ridge Base in possibly joining the Carolina Garrison at an October troop in Charleston, SC. I was hoping to get at least a few members from the Rebel Legion to join alongside us at this event. Here is some info about the upcoming October troop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Carolina Children's Charity of Charleston has invited the Carolina Garrison to (and is very excited for our participation) in the Carolina Children's Charity - Community Education Day. At this event they are asking if we would be interested in helping to raise money for the charity. I mentioned a possible "Shoot the Trooper" game to help raise $. Currently I am working out the details and working on a simple "arena". This is going to be a really fun event, a great cause and is being held at an awesome location.

Date: Saturday, October 27, 2012

Patriot's Point - Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina Lookout Pavilion (located right on the Charleston Harbor w/ great views of Downtown Charleston, Fort Sumter & Castle Pinckney)
20 Patriots Point Road (right next to the USS Yorktown)
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464

http://goo.gl/maps/QmFc4

http://www.charlestonharborresort.com/lookout_pavilion.shtml

Event: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm (w/ a 2:00 pm Children's Costume Contest)
2-3 Rock Bands, children's games, cornhole tournament, beer tents, silent auction, local fire dept's, etc...

Expected Crowd: 300+

Secure Changing / Storage Area: TO BE DETERMINED

Trooper Load-In Time: 9:30am-10:00am

Parking: TO BE DETERMINED

Provided food / drinks: TO BE DETERMINED

# of characters requested: TO BE DETERMINED

Here's an idea of the setup for the Shoot The Trooper event. Anybody willing to be shot at by NERF guns (while in costume) to help the Carolina Garrison raise $ for the charity is more than welcomed to play.

Last edited by silverboyd () on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the invite!

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
kwills (Kimberly Wills-Starin)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put myself down as 'likely' Charleston isn't that bad of a drive Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be awesome!! If you did come down..which character would you be?
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow dress padme is down for refitting and a new wig. I lost 20 lbs over this past year and the gown doesn't fit me anymore.

I can bring either Aayla or my recent handmaiden battle dress outfit, whichever you think would work better.

I've been working on a Classic Leia off and on, but she's not ready and probably won't be.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwills wrote:
Rainbow dress padme is down for refitting and a new wig. I lost 20 lbs over this past year and the gown doesn't fit me anymore.

I can bring either Aayla or my recent handmaiden battle dress outfit, whichever you think would work better.

I've been working on a Classic Leia off and on, but she's not ready and probably won't be.

Honestly, Aayla would be awesome. I'll post more details as I get them. Stuff about secure dressing room and what-not.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little update...here are 2 of the 3 NERF guns that will be fired upon us to help raise $$ for Carolina Children's Charity. Hope a few of the Rebel Legion can participate with us.

Last edited by silverboyd () on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
silverboyd ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder about this event. Still almost 1 month away. Some cool stuff in the works to promote this event. In talks to appear in a promotional spot on local news station to advertise alongside the Carolina Children's Charity. This is going to be a BIG event. I've been working really hard creating this game setup as well as buying all of the Nerf guns. Really, really, really hoping to get some participants for this Shoot-The-Trooper event. I know gas prices are high but if anyone can make the drive to Charleston, SC it would be much appreciated. Can't wait to reveal more about it...

Please let me know if you can make it for sure.

Here is the Official Event flyer made by CCC

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be able to attend this...I am off, that night my family attends a big costume event here in myrtle beach but being that this a couple of hours away, Im down for being obi-wan all day.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome. You are more than welcomed to join. I'll be at Patriots Point by 9am and the event is from 11-4 this Saturday. Even if you can only stay for part of it. Please let me know If you'll be here for sure and ill send you more details. I'm also thinking of displaying a small table with a few SW props I have built just to show what we do besides trooping and stuff. I you have anything like that....feel free to bring them. I'll have friends there that will watch the props to make sure no one touches or picks them up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the CCC Community Day has been CANCELLED for Saturday (Oct. 27) due to incliment weather. Please stay tuned for the rescheduled date.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Oh bummer.

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: