About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=114c5ac48d92ee676562de44febcaa2cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mara Jade - Black bodysuit costume questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boudicca (Jennifer Bagosy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Mara Jade - Black bodysuit costume questions Reply with quote

I'm planning to start collecting pieces for the Mara Jade with black bodysuit & off white cowl, which I understand is approvable for both 501st and RL (as long as I don't carry a red/Vader lightsaber for the RL version of course!)

Had a couple questions about costume pieces:

First, about belt buckles. I see from references including Twi'lek Pam's tutorials that, for the belt with the pistol-style blaster, there are two buckles: an octagonal one and a rectangular one. However, on the belt with the "assassin-style" blaster/holster, it looks like perhaps only the rectangular buckle is needed? Anyone know if this is the case?

Second, are these goggles acceptable?

Thanks!
Jen
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have the one buckle, the assassin style holster hides the back fastenng nicely Smile

The goggle shapes look fine, I had a set of 1940s that are very similar but are painted flat black. I replaced the original elastic with leather straps and metal buckles just to make it look a little more in world. The cowl will help the goggles stay in place. I put the hle in the strap once I hd worn the goggles in place over the cowl.

(BTW love your SWTOR icon Smile I just made one of my Sentinel's outfits for Celebraton Smile It is very comfy- Aspiring Knight's vest. Even as a crop top Wink )
Boudicca (Jennifer Bagosy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips - I will probably replace the strap as you suggested.

That's great that you have a Sentinel! I have a generic standard Miraluka Jedi (was inspired of course by SWTOR to do so), but the veil is such a pain on troops! I have better visibility in my Imperial Gunner bucket! How awesome that you did a Sentinel costume!

BTW I saw your Mara on the members page and your cowl looks great -I'm struggling with mine right now, trying to get it the right size. The tutorials I've found don't give suggested dimensions - do you know how long/wide yours was before sewing it together? Should it be roughly standard pillowcase size, or smaller than that? Also, what type of material did you use?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: