About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6976c8f7ff97424e802ae3f910d57019Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MAW child at CVI planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: MAW child at CVI planning Reply with quote

Had a request come in from the friend of a Kentucky family with a MAW child whose wish is attending CVI.

My Pastors son has LMS and is having his Make a Wish for the Celebration 6. Harley is confined to a wheel chair and is 8 years old the oldest one to survive this disease has been 12-14 years old. He loves Star Wars and is very excited to be going to C6. I would like for the 501st to make him a honor member at the celebration I have been to all five of the celebrations and love you guys and thank you for all you do for the kids and would appreciate if you could do this for my lil buddy Harley thanks.

Harley LOVES the OT and PT Harley is a Character everytime you mention STAR WARS he gets so excited especially when i ask him where we are going in August though he cannot say very many words he can say STAR and we all know what he is talking about.

We’ve had some back and forth discussions as I’ve gotten more information. He’s wanting this to be a nice surprise for the family so we aren’t planning anything too grandiose (which was my initial excited response) so we don’t completely blindside the family. I let him know we could go really big with this if we could get on board with MAW since they can open a lot of doors but that would probably require the permission of the family which would ruin the surprise. Dad is also a big Star Wars fan and was at CV so no worries there. So we’ve been brainstorming ideas for smaller/more intimate events and we’ve come up with maybe a welcome party/ceremony from us locals either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning before the show starts. I plan to extend the invite to the local Mercs and TDE attending CVI eventually as well. I know Corellian Base will be doing a photo shoot before the main RL one so I thought we would invite him to that. I don’t know if MSG ever does a garrison photo shoot but we could probably bring him in on that too. A lot still depends on the logistics for the MAW family and when they’ll be arriving and where they’ll be staying. I didn’t know but the family doesn’t have a lot of say. I have a coworker that recently went to Hawaii with his family (daughter is/was MAW/cancer but all okay now) and MAW made all the travel arrangements. They didn’t even know what hotel they would be at until the week before they left. We do know they’ll be driving because of Harley’s condition. And of course we’re all still waiting for the daily CVI schedule to come out so we (including Harley) can start making plans on what we want to see.

So more brainstorming is good. Ideas are welcome. Things are cloudy right now so stay flexible. Still trying to keep it small right now. Don’t want to overwhelm Harley or the family.

As plans firm up I’ll probably bring the rest of the 501st /RL into it. I want to at least let them know he’s going to be on site so if they see him around they can stop and offer a smile and hello and make him feel like a celebrity. Or if we need numbers to fill out a welcome party or other activity we’ll have additional troops to call on.

Thoughts? Feedback?
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds really good Michael, keep us updated things progress. Thumbs up
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the family will be staying at Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, 9939 Universal Blvd. A little further from the convention than most of us but it looks really nice. They should be arriving Wednesday and will be calling my contact before they arrive. We're still thinking an Orlando welcome ceremony at their hotel Wednesday Evening. I'll be meeting the contact Tuesday night to finalize plans and check out the resort. If you're free and want to be involved/kept up to date let me know with a PM the best way to reach you while in Orlando...phone, email, forums...and I'll make sure you get updated.

Once we meet the family I'll check and make sure it's okay to spread the word about Harley a little wider and then let the rest of the Legion(s) know he's in attendance so he can get some extra special attention during the con.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can make a certificate and make him an Honorary Member into the Corellian Base if you and Don Approves it. I can also after the order 66 skit I would be happy to make him an honorary Jedi Knight.

I can put some swag together with stuff at the RL table.

just let me know
alex
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm good on swag but if you want to make out a Corellian certificate that would be great

When/Where is the Order 66 skit?
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, we're getting in Wednesday PM, let me know the details when you can.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on August 24, 2012 at 3PM not sure where you can ask Michael knight where the location is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: