About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=939d36d68b3b85110cab49c9f5d754e1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rav Bralor /Vhonte Tervho (Female Mandalorian) RL Approval
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickel (Nick Letcher)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should submit this to the Mandalorian Mercs.
aprilstorm ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have already got this approved in the Mando Mercs and in the 501st. I just thought perhaps because if kal skirata can be approved (which I have been told he can be) then Rav can be too, Then I would have all three clubs which represents my affiliation (because I give equal love to all three)

I do have plenty of references, but mostly its art, and only the Hodges and the action figure.

Here are some references:

and these which probably cant be used, but are just fun:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is not just an awesome set of Beskar´gam but it´s the most accurate Rav I have ever seen. Oya!

I´m slowy working in my Walon Vau costume. It´s a shame to know it´ll never be accepted here.

Mando Mercs seems to be the only place that recognizes real and cannon Mandalorian characters without the infamous rule of 3. I really don´t know why both the legions have so much problems accepting them.

In the 501st there appears to be a sort of a "racist" thing going on with them... LMOs have a big "no no" policy about accepting mandalorian characters... Mad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General_Koon wrote:
In the 501st there appears to be a sort of a "racist" thing going on with them... LMOs have a big "no no" policy about accepting mandalorian characters... Mad

The 501st used to accept custom Mandalorian costumes but then about 5 or 6 years ago they had the "Great Mando Purge" and quit accepting anything non-canon. They have slowly been accepting more EU stuff, but I wish they would move a little quicker.

I'm working on an Open Seasons Death Watch, so all I have is the Mercs.
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they now have a new rule that separates characters according to "style"
(Hilarious really) that states that clone wars character MUST have the clone wars Stylization in their costumes and that NO clone wars character can be retrofitted to realistic style.

So if you want a commander Wolfe or a S4 Rex you MUST make them in animated clone armor.

CW Deathwatch characters like Vizla MUST also adhere to this rule and their armor cannot be realistic so helmets and armor must be molded with the series stylization as well.

Honestly... to me this is ridiculous.

Main cannon is, we agree, the realistic and movies one, but CW is also cannon A and the series Clones are based or redesigned from the realistic armor designs for EpIII so WHY not allow realistic versions of the characters?

there is a LOT i dislike about the 501st membership rules now wich is partially the reason i'm less and less in the forums and more and more in here... it's stopping being fun hobby wise in that place. they're becoming wayy to tightshebbed in there for my taste.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to actually point out that my Rav Bralor IS actually currently approved by the 501st.

I think you should make a costume because you want to make it, first and foremost because you want to and enjoy doing do. If it fits in within a club is then a secondary consideration.

I made this Rav costume 2 years ago, used it mainly with the mercs, but recently made the changes to make it fit with the 501st requirements, and you know what, enjoyed doing so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. While it is fine to talk about what other clubs accept or don't accept, it is not ok to bash them. The 501st is our sister club and the Mandos are our good friends. Very Happy

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
oigen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love how you included the hello kitty mando. i have seen many pics of your outfit april and i love it
matt.elder1971 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issues that General Koon brought up are precisely the things that are keeping me from even beginning to work on a General Obi-Wan. My biggest problem is that I WANT to do the version of his armor from The Clone Wars movie (not the original Clone Wars cartoon), however, I want to do him WITH his helmet as depicted in the figure, since if I'm wearing the helmet then I don't have to worry about a wig or fake beard. I'm nearly bald and my wife would kill me if I grew a beard for the costume. Even with the more relaxed rules around here, I don't think I could get approved for that costume with the Episode II clone helmet that I have, since any clone troopers from The Clone Wars can't use an Episode II helmet. I can only assume that the same would apply to a Jedi General's helmet as well. I got a great deal on it at a thrift store, and would love to get to use it for something.
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting, would Rav Bralor have any sort of "good guy" traits? If we could prove she was a "good guy" at some point, then I don't see why we could approve this, but to make sure, we would need to have our LMO approve this idea as well Smile

UCGR (United Citizens of the Galactic Republic) is the detachment for human supporters. If Rav was accepted, she would belong in this detachment.

I really like the reference images you have for her, they are good head-to-toe reference images. Is the action figure a canon figure?

Jada is right guys, we should not bash our sister club or any other clubs that we are friendly with Smile
UCGR Detachment CO
Legion Costume Judge
501st Legion member DZ-11177
https://www.facebook.com/liz.welsh.963

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: