About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c9e45a59bee799787a8684fe93631986Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Jedi Design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tash_Verano (Mark Seymour)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Generic Jedi Design Reply with quote

-separated from FAQ thread-

I have a propsed tutorial for Generic Jedi Design:

the goal is to have an easy to use design reference in which costumers who wish create a generic jedi costume can utilize before actual costume construction that will reduce miscommunications and ensure that a generic jedi costume is not turned down due to design issues.

ALERT:

THIS IS AN (as of yet) UNAPPROVED AND COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TUTORIAL BASED UPON MY OWN RESEARCH.

color scheme tutorial

alternate link- Hosted by WookieeGunner

alt. Link pending

this is part 1 of 3:

I have been compiling and working on this in my spare time. the rest will be done when they are done.

#2- costume pieces
#3- wearing your costume

constructive comments and suggestions welcome! Ben
droid_collector (Eddie Torres)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, great work.
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten where this tutorial was and spent ages looking for it. Would it be possible to put some mention of colour in this thread title please? Many thanks.

Fyr

Tython Base Facebook Page
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was started more than a year ago...long before the most recent update to the Generic Jedi Costume Standard.

I, personally, would consider information in this thread invalid (not to mention the fact that the OP was never updated).

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? That is a pity. This tutorial has well thought out discussions of how colour works and goes together based on the laws of nature unrelated to the star wars universe. It then discusses how those laws are used in the star wars universe for making costumes look good, and gives suggestions based on sound research as to how to use the natural colour palette to help non-artistic people like me design great looking costumes. I unfortunately see little if anything in there that may be invalidated by the update to the generic costume standards, and I have found it a great help thus far. I would be interested if you could point out what parts are in error, SithariRog, so that I am not steered astray by following this.

Thanks, Fyr

Tython Base Facebook Page
SithariRog (Roger Allen)

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..."invalid" was a poor word choice. It is a good tutorial with respect to colors (though some of the examples...meant ONLY as a representation of a color hue and NOT meant to be actual colors to be used in a Jedi costume...are not appropriate for use with Jedi costumes*).

*Okay, let me explain that...for example, he used a (rather bright) "yellow" to denote "Scholar Gold"...which, the actual color in that tutorial, is probably a little to bright to be allowed for a generic Jedi. You would think that people could use some common sense and know that the Scholar Gold, which appears rather bright yellow is meant to distinguish "gold" from "lilac", etc...but believe me...someone could see that tutorial and try to pass a fluorescent yellow outer tunic for their Generic Jedi costume! I know that sounds silly, but...you'd be surprised what the LCJs have to deal with sometimes.

Instead of using the word "invalid", perhaps saying this might be more appropriate:

The most recent costume standards for the Generic Jedi supercedes anything in the tutorial, as should be common sense, seeing as that tutorial was written over a year ago. And regardless of what the costume standards say...the LCJs have the final say (judgement) of what colors are allowed for Jedi costumes. I don't meant to imply that the Jedi LCJs are dictatorial in their decisions...we use the standards as a guide and a checklist. But, interpretation of these standards is up to the LCJs, if that makes sense Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: