About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f7cc59d06c9fae9876d15854b9ebad2bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wife, Costume, CVI, & Podcast Judgment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dones (Donald Salsbury)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Wife, Costume, CVI, & Podcast Judgment Reply with quote

I wanted to wait until the day was close, so I guess now is a good time to post.

My wife Jessie and I are scheduled to appear on the Judge John Hodgman podcast to settle the following dispute: Should she wear a SW costume to CVI?
We are looking to record it this week, and I will be sure to share a link as soon as it is available.

In the meantime, I'd like some moral support via RL members sharing their reasons why she should attend Celebration VI in costume. I would also appreciate any ideas for simple costumes (doesn't have to be for RL approval).
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because costumers are like the rock stars of the convention world...

And the Padme on tatooine outfit could probably be done (if not for RL approval) with thrift store pickups and the like... And would go with a OR Jedi like yours...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the simplest and most awesome reason your´ll ever get:

"Because she loves and supports you"

Wink
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the rock stars outside celebrities. I've done several conventions as both now and I'll say I enjoy it in costume a lot more. Instead of being just part of the crowd you have a mobile spotlight on you. The better/more rare the costume obviously the more attention you'll get of course.

You can never go wrong with GK's quote lol.

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
SapphireGypsy ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because, as strange as it sounds, it's easy to hide in a costume. You can very easily pretend that you're not really you and do things that you wouldn't normally do when you're able to pretend to be someone else.

When I was in my Ivy costume at C2E2 I was with a good friend in her Harley... While I am normally a very huggy person it was even more easy to get into "cuddly" poses with my best friend because people expected it of Harley and Ivy.

Plus there's something really fun about being in costume.

A Jedi might be an easy way to go. It's easily recognized, it's got her covered from head to toe if she's not comfortable with showing off and it will allow her to just have fun.

I hope she decides to go in costume. Very Happy
dones (Donald Salsbury)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We recorded the podcast with Judge John Hodgman this morning! It was a lot of fun, though I was a little dazzled by the experience and probably sounded weird. But the episode should be posted this Wednesday on iTunes and at Http://www.maximumfun.org
dones (Donald Salsbury)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to the podcast episode! I hope you enjoy it. I tried to represent RL in a good light:

http://www.maximumfun.org/judge-john-hodgman/judge-john-hodgman-episode-71-probable-cos-play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: