About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=550c14e855c55d1cb214bc4d21aa38b5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia Ewok Dress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padawan_rachael (Rachael James)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a headband that is braided allready one hair extension (the two ones that go down the sides) i'll post pics up soon of what i got

Here's my hair peice for Ewok leia

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.183264235104710.37050.100002634034024&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=221664491264684&set=a.183264235104710.37050.100002634034024&type=3&theater

Shoes hopfully theyd work?
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.183264235104710.37050.100002634034024&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=222179327879867&set=a.183264235104710.37050.100002634034024&type=3&theater
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Sandals Reply with quote

I purchased the open toe sandals from www.medievalmoccasins.com/ for my Ewok village dress. They are comfortable and look fabulous.

Is a zipper up the back a disqualifier for the dress? I need to take mine in for a more tailored fit, so curious if that needs to go when I start work on it.

LeiaYT1300 (Beret Balestrieri Kohn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The open toe moccasins should be fine but I suggest cutting down the back piece so that it ends at or below the ankle - that portion is just too high as it is.

Also, a zipper is fine as long as it's hidden. What works best is to use an invisible zipper either in the center back seam or a side seam (traditionally the left side seam), with the small zipper pull at the nape of the neck so it's hidden under the long hair or up close under the arm - or even remove the zipper pull entirely and use a safety pin as a temporary zipper pull to get in and out.

Hope that helps! Smile

Costume Portfolio
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaYT1300 wrote:
The open toe moccasins should be fine but I suggest cutting down the back piece so that it ends at or below the ankle - that portion is just too high as it is.

Also, a zipper is fine as long as it's hidden. What works best is to use an invisible zipper either in the center back seam or a side seam (traditionally the left side seam), with the small zipper pull at the nape of the neck so it's hidden under the long hair or up close under the arm - or even remove the zipper pull entirely and use a safety pin as a temporary zipper pull to get in and out.

Hope that helps! Smile

It does! Thanks a lot! It helps get the tweaks in before submitting!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bakanomiko wrote:
It does! Thanks a lot! It helps get the tweaks in before submitting!

Happy to help, and don't hesitate to add more thin strips of suede to the sandals, too - that would assist in giving an even more authentic look. Smile

Costume Portfolio
Raven ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

So my ewok dress is on hold until I can get real suede for it, however I was looking for shoes and see that medieval moccasins has a new gladiator sandal. Origionally I was going to go with another suggestion and get the low top sandal shown here :

http://www.medievalmoccasins.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MM&Product_Code=SANDAL

but would the gladiator one be more accuate?

http://www.medievalmoccasins.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MM&Product_Code=GLADS

I have a pair of their normal medieval moccasins that I wear with other costumes and they are super comfy and durable so I was hoping that one of these would work.

I can't tell if Leia's sandle is open in the back or closed...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, might I suggest a different alternative, one that I think really meets the proper look:

Leo's Adagio Modern Jazz Sandal

I bought these when I made mine, simply replacing the laces the sandal came with for suede lacing I cut from the same suede leather that I used for my gown so everything matched. It's pretty spot on to the original and the price isn't bad, either. Smile

Costume Portfolio
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's no really good pics of the sandals, but they appear to have (at least) two X's crossing the foot and a heelcap. Can't tell what the front looks like.

I've begun looking for styles that might work, but they tend to either have a high heel or be too dark. Confused No matter what I'm planning to start this project this summer, and hope I'll find the right style rather than settle for second best.

(And to your question on the links, I don't think they have the right look, though they would probably work. Beret's suggestion seems like it would work a lot better). Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, the sandals that Beret suggested are the same sandals that Oola wore in ROTJ, except they were black. Smile
I have a pair of these in black and they are comfy.

I think there is a decent shot of her sandals in one of the pictures that Pam posted above.
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completed my Ewok Leia dress. I spent hours making a pattern using pictures and cut up bed sheets and a dress form and pins, LOL. I feel that I did a very good job recreating the complex skirt pattern. I opted the lacing on the seams in the front and the back as I feel there is sufficient evidence that it exists. I am also very pleased with my sandals, as I think they look very close to what Leia was wearing. I am also happy with my wig, but as I am a very picky person, I am in the process of making another wig to see if that one comes out closer to what I have envisioned in my mind. Smile
Here are a few pics:

Can't wait for C6! Cool
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Sandy!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find on the sandals, Sandy! Amadalia

I've also found sandals that shouldn't kill my feet. (Which is always hard for me to do).

And that's how far I've made it. Rolling Eyes I've looked at something called (direct translation) 'goat velvet'; it's very light, thin, suede looking surface, and all around feels great. But I have no idea how wide it comes or how large pieces you can get, so I'll need to be pretty sure about how much I need before I order any of it. I'm also looking for other options.

But I think this may be put a bit back for a couple of months, since my holiday is officially over.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy you are the Queen of costumes. Every single costume I have seen of yours is excellent, great attention to details. Great job....and you look good as a brunette Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I decided to do a hair test today. Smile I stopped braiding at chin level and there is no cord, but you get the idea.

It isn't too hard to do, just takes a little time. I would like to get more hair into the braids, though. And I might still option for using an extension as that is easier and quicker. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: