About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7266042329b9ed99cb2c1fbdec9d616aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Looking to Join Up Soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KDThompson ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Looking to Join Up Soon Reply with quote

Evening!

I'm Kenya from Greensboro, NC, and while I've already figured out the costumes I want to enter into the 501st, I'm still sorting out just what costumes I'd like to join the Rebel Legion with. (I just know I don't want to make a Jedi costume, and some of the outfits I'm considering are like Queen Amidala's Traveling outfit from Ep. 1 and maybe a Rebel Pilot...? I dunno...)

Either way, I still wanted to say 'hi' and hopefully start meeting you all and heading to events (even if it means I have to do grunt work and fetch water).

>^.^<
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kenya! Welcome to Blue Ridge Base. Once you decide on a costume, ask away and we'll try to steer you in the right direction...it's an exciting thing to decide on a costume!! Good luck and I hope to see you out at a troop soon...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kenya!

Glad you stopped by and introduced yourself. We look forward to watching your progress as you make your costume. As Al said, ask away!

~Jada

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
KDThompson ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate the warm welcome (and apologies for not posting sooner; I have been busy as of late)

So I got the chance to re-watch the prequel trilogy over the weekend, and I've found several outfits I really like.

My favorite outfits, by far, are some of what Padmé Amidala wears. After I get my Imperial Staff Officer done, I think I might try to tackle the Battle Dress worn by the handmaidens in Episode I. I always really loved the hair for that costume, too.

I'd also forgotten about a Naboo Fighter Pilot helmet that I bought for my brother years ago. He never really wanted, so that's something to consider also. I'm not 100% sure what I'd need to do in order to get that helmet up to spec, if I that's even doable. If I can, I know the Fighter Pilot disguise Padmé wears during the intro of Episode II is something I did really like as well.

Down the road, I'm also considering the Pastel Lake dress from Episode II, but I'd prefer to get the hang of working with hand dying fabrics before I try and touch that one. The Travel gown/Return to Naboo gown I'd still like to make also, but I think the Battle Dress and the Fighter Pilot disguise would be more doable in the near future.

I simply wanted to update this since having come to a decision of sorts. Though, I'll be helping a friend with her ANH Princess Leia costume before I get to tackle any of this.

>^.^<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: