About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1f078e159be20ea80374273ccfbf9b84Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

What's up Nar Shaddaa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Autumn Knight (Kate)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: What's up Nar Shaddaa? Reply with quote

Hi Base, my name's Kate and I'm at the moment a Green Bay resident (Was in Milwaukee till I graduated) and working on my Clone Wars Jedi costume.

After a bit of prompting from someone very dear to me in the Legion, I thought it would be a great idea to introduce myself and get to know everyone else, since I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. Smile

I'm hoping I'm going about this all right, and I'm really looking forward to getting involved. I have a build thread going in Jedi forum, but since you guys are the one that would have to look at me, seems only fair to find out more about you all and get whatever opinions I can.

Said topic in question: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39147

Thanks! <3
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's wonderful to meet you! Your build is very cool. I too have been interested in doing an alien.

In fact, one of the Jedi judges is from this exact base! I'm sure that she can help you if you have an questions. Smile
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the party.
Autumn Knight (Kate)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you too Janine! And thanks! I've had this character for some time, so it'll be fun to do a zabrak...you know...horns. lol. What kind of alien would you do?

I think I noticed that reading through things, which is awesome, can't wait to meet her. Smile

And thanks James.
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn Knight wrote:
Nice to meet you too Janine! And thanks! I've had this character for some time, so it'll be fun to do a zabrak...you know...horns. lol. What kind of alien would you do?

I am going to do a Twi'lek when the funds are available. Pam does AWESOME lekkus. I'd like to get an official Aayla done and then make my own custom blue Twi'lek on the side.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the winning side! DS Boom
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Nar Shaddaa!

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the base, your jedi looks great so far. make sure you join our jedi temple when your costume has been accepted
i too love alien jedi
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to NSB Mr. Green Your work so far looks great, only thing cooler then a Jedi...an alien Jedi saber

Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Outlaw Squadron CO

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Autumn Knight (Kate)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie_Bunny wrote:
I am going to do a Twi'lek when the funds are available. Pam does AWESOME lekkus. I'd like to get an official Aayla done and then make my own custom blue Twi'lek on the side.

Ooh yeah I've heard that. Twi'lek are a hell of a lot of fun, not to mention how cool you could make a custom one's outfit. If I had the funds - and didn't have a list of other costumes after this one - I'd be right there with you!

Vadersblade wrote:
Welcome to the winning side! DS Boom

Hahaha, thanks! Gotta go with the good guys ;p

Crix wrote:
Welcome to Nar Shaddaa!

Thanks sir!

hartss wrote:
welcome to the base, your jedi looks great so far. make sure you join our jedi temple when your costume has been accepted
i too love alien jedi

I most definitely will! Hopefully it'll be done sooner rather than later, I'd love to make it to an event and meet everyone.
And alien jedi is where it's at!

Woulf wrote:
Welcome to NSB Mr. Green Your work so far looks great, only thing cooler then a Jedi...an alien Jedi saber

Thanks! And how about an alien jedi...in a dress!

That's basically what those tunics look like when they hit the knee, but I can't lie, I'm loving it. Need to line parts of the inside though...had to pick an itchy fabric.
Augie Web-star ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, glad you can join us.

Augie
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kurodor (David Obaidallah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Nar Shaddaa!!! Your build looks great! Looking forward to seeing it finished!!

Ranger Squad CO
TK/ID - 4185 MWG
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Welcome to the Smuggler's Moon...

and...
your costume REALLY looks great...
and..
as a costume judge for the Jedi....I am glad to see a really nicely done traditional costume....

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Autumn Knight (Kate)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone Smile sorry for the late response. Got super side tracked with job applications and working on my costume for Bristol's Renn Faire.

Oh goodness! Thanks Phyllis! Hopefully it will go over well with everyone once it's all put together. I should have all the soft bits done tomorrow, so I'll post some pictures.

I was hoping to be done in time for Wizard World, but since my leather worker is a little backed up, and don't have the money to drive my little butt down and stay in a hotel I don't think that'll happen.. but maybe soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: