About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7d1f5ad76214bd413f6e46f55cf9d296Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padmé Amidala Naboo Fighter Pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibelinn ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Padmé Amidala Naboo Fighter Pilot Reply with quote

I'm in the process of beginning my own attempt on the Naboo pilot outfit, used by Padme in the first scene in Attack of the clones.
As of for now I'm trying to order aluminum sheets for the hair, and I'm also almost how I'll make the pants, but I'll get back to that, Anything that will be a little challenge is the low sheen they need.

Anyway, I got a little question before I order the boots. These are the most accurate I've seen as of today after countless of attempts to find something. the only thing that would ruin it is the full length zip on the outside of the boots, so does anybody think that this will be a problem to get it approved?
I think I'll try make the pockets to hide it a little bit, but I'm not sure yet.

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Kenneth-Cole-Reaction-SKINNY-LOVE-Womens-Knee-High-Fashion-Boot-Black-Brown-/00/s/MTUwMFg3NjA=/$(KGrHqZHJCgE9sGM8PkUBPiKoPTT8w~~60_57.JPG[/img]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300695573175?var=600041760546&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1018wt_951
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

First of all let me say I am not a costume judge, so I can give you my opinion, but don't take it as permission or a hard "you can/you can't" do something Smile

I did this costume last year and I can show you the boots I used, they are still on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Franco-Sarto-Womens-Tech-Velour/dp/B003U65BGY/ref=sr_1_26?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1342189447&sr=1-26

I tuck the top flap inside the boot when I wear the costume, good thing I have fairly thin legs! Smile

Not that I'm saying you should go out and buy those instead, because they're way more expensive. I wear them with regular clothes too so that's why I felt ok spending the extra money. But they do have a zipper on the inside and what I did was tuck the zipper pull inside the boot so it doesn't show. I don't think the zipper on yours will be a big deal either (but again I'm not a judge)!

Also, for the pants I bought plain white cotton leggings and dyed them. It worked and it was cheap! Smile
Ibelinn ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer!
I decided to go for the boots I was talking about, as the auction almost ended 1 day after I posted here. Anyway I hope they wont be a problem. And the fabric for the pants, thanks! I'll stop by some fabric store next week I guess and I'll try look for something that'll work, I just hope I'll find a good color I can dye them in. Maybe mix up different kinds of colors from yellow, orange and red to get something as close to the exact same color.

I also have a question about one site, I noticed somebody else mention the custom prop site in another tread, and I'm wondering if anybody have any experience with the Gauntlets or the belt buckle.
I'm not sure if I should try and make them myself, but I think I'll try making the gauntlets out of wonderflex, and maybe order the belt buckle. If the sites no good, I'll just have to make both, the belt buckle in some kind of clay, Primo or something else.

http://www.custom-props.com/products/life-size.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=44

Any tip is most welcome!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did get the boots with the zipper on the outside, you'll probably need/be asked to cover the zipper so it can't be seen. FYI. Wink

PilotPadme ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibelinn wrote:
Thanks for the answer!
I decided to go for the boots I was talking about, as the auction almost ended 1 day after I posted here. Anyway I hope they wont be a problem. And the fabric for the pants, thanks! I'll stop by some fabric store next week I guess and I'll try look for something that'll work, I just hope I'll find a good color I can dye them in. Maybe mix up different kinds of colors from yellow, orange and red to get something as close to the exact same color.

I also have a question about one site, I noticed somebody else mention the custom prop site in another tread, and I'm wondering if anybody have any experience with the Gauntlets or the belt buckle.
I'm not sure if I should try and make them myself, but I think I'll try making the gauntlets out of wonderflex, and maybe order the belt buckle. If the sites no good, I'll just have to make both, the belt buckle in some kind of clay, Primo or something else.

http://www.custom-props.com/products/life-size.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=44

Any tip is most welcome!

Well, custom props is where I got a lot of my things from, actually, so I can say they did a good job with everything and I especially love the belt buckle, I think it looks great Smile I also got the gauntlets from them, unpainted, and painted them myself. They fit a bit looser than I expected and felt kind of clunky, but they looked good! So if you're willing to make them yourself you might be able to make something that's lighter and fits better. Smile
Ibelinn ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! That sealed the deal, I'll order the belt buckle from them as soon as I have the money for it, and then I'll try out the gauntlets my self. I remember seeing yours and I thought they looked a bit too big in size, and I wasn't sure If I should go with them, or make something close myself, only a little bit smaller.
Anyway thanks, and your costume is a really good one btw!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boots arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm pleased with them, though they may be a little bit more loose around the knee then I'd like them to be, but they'll do. I'll order some suede fabric soon that I think will match the color, and either sew it over the zipper myself, or maybe try out some local shoeworker/seamstress( i dunno what they're called), see if they can do it for me.

Does anybody know how they fastened the belt? I haven't figured it out yet, if they maybe hide it behind one of the pouches or what they do. Does anyone got any info about this?

I need some help with the pants. I've been searching after a good stretch fabric with low sheen, and as close match to the colour as possible. I have some choices as to two different red tones on a cotton stetch fabric, but I think they lack the orange tone to it. I may just buy myself some white fabric, and dye it myself, but I need some help with what kind of fabric I should use to get that low sheen.
If I'd had the money and the opportunity, I would have made the pants with fabric as close to the original, same as they use in drysuits and such. Either way, I need some kind of stretch fabric with that sheen.

I'm also about to order myself gloves. Though I want gloves thats not warned out, I found an old vintage pair, that might fit, what do people think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: