About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8dfdbaeb795a3acfa42478dee009e117Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Tornado Ravages West Liberty, KY Theater, Hopes to Rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sydeswype ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Tornado Ravages West Liberty, KY Theater, Hopes to Rebuild Reply with quote

My name is Chris Ball and for the last 15 years I've been a 911 dispatcher for the West Liberty Police Department. For the last 3 years my wife Tammy and I have owned and did our best to revitalize the Towne Cinema, West Liberty, KY's only movie theater, which happens to be underground (only two in the nation). Up until the 3/2/12 tornado we had used the Towne Cinema to once again host local music acts in hopes to bring more entertainment options to West Liberty.

We also used the theater to host fundraisers for clubs like Relay for Life and the Morgan County Cops for Kids foundation. Overall, we did our best to give as much back to the community as we could.

We pray that with websites like http://www.rockethub.com/projects/9580-help-rebuild-a-tornado-ravaged-movie-theater, http://www.gofundme.com/vsl70 and http://www.indiegogo.com/rebuildtownecinema?a=499965, we hope to raise the funds needed to once again create an escape point for those that suffered in our community as well as a safe haven for our youth.

We've hosted members from the 501st, Rebel Legion and the Mandalorian Mercs club at fundraisers before. While we're not asking you or the other organizations for any money, what we would ask is that you help spread the word of our mission to rebuild our hometown theater, by forwarding this information out on the web. While it is going to take $750,000 to rebuild, and we've only been able to get a little over $1,000 in donations, we remain hopeful that it can be done.

As always, if you have any questions you can email me at thetownecinema@gmail.com or look us up on facebook.

May the force be with you, always.

Chris Ball
Towne Cinema
531 Short Branch Rd
West Liberty, KY 41472

Last edited by Sydeswype () on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris! Michael your rebel pilot here. I was thinking of you when the news came through about West Liberty. I'm glad you've checked in with us and have plans to rebuild the cinema. I'm sure it will be a huge undertaking. We'll be happy to spread the word. Thanks for all the info and May the Force Be With You as well.

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Michael, thanks alot man. Still not sure if we're going to be able to do a Star Wars Day in West Liberty, KY this year, we've lost alot of people on the police department force that made up the Morgan County Cops for Kids group. But I will let you know when I found out something. If nothing else, we could shoot for fall that way it's cooler for those in uniform. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: