About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e923cfef52ad5f0b23719fe398def82Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Marasiah Fel- where does she qualify?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Marasiah Fel- where does she qualify? Reply with quote

This question is more of a hypothetical than anything, but I'm wondering if the various costumes of Marasiah Fel fall under the Royalty/Senatorial category, or if she gets shuffled off into the Jedi for her non-royalty type costumes. I ask because there's only one Marasiah I found by searching the costume database and she applied as a Jedi, but other characters who are established royalty, such as Princess Leia, are just always royal, even when they're in, say, Endor trooper-type gear. And Marasiah, as the daughter of Emperor Roan Fel, is referred to in the comics as Princess Marasiah.

So, say I wanted to do Marasiah Fel as an Imperial Knight. As a face character, would she be considered royalty, or a Jedi?

These are the things I wonder. Razz

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

My Etsy shop: Sew Corellian
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woudl think depending on the costuem she is in she could be counted as either . .Just Like Leia ...

Jedi robed leia I woudl think would be a jedi . and her other costumes would be senatorial .

Same thing i think for MF ... i think if she is in armor ... she woudl fall under hte jedi characteristing.. and in her other clothing senatorial .. i knwo ther arealready a few MF. in the members section fo already completed costumes ..
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question. I wonder if it would have to do with what she is wearing at the time.

The brown and blue outfit she obviously fights in and I know that at least one member has been accepted as a Jedi in that outfit.
(I've actually done this one myself, not good enough for acceptance but it made me happy to wear to a con. I really need to fix the vest on that one and it would probably be good)

The Imperial Knight armor look also would be covered under jedi as well since I believe all of the Imperial Knights are covered under there and she does actively fight in it.

I think the question for the Senatorial side of things would be the White outfit and the Black dress outfit.

Although I wonder if she would be considered dual because as you pointed out she is a Princess. Hmmmm
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly I want to know because I'm trying to come up with a wide variety of costumes that would qualify for our Royalty/Senatorial delegation, and Marasiah was the only armored one I could think of outside of Republic Guard, which isn't even that armored, just helmeted.

You'd definitely have to have the accurate hair (long brown hair, generally pulled back in a half ponytail, with a single white lock of hair). But I thought I'd find out from the LCJs if they'd take her as royalty.

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is royalty, and I am actually working on the Marasiah Fel imperial knight right now (have been for a while) in her imperial knight armor. Since we have never had a Marasiah Fel in armor be approved before, this has never come up. She will be approved as an imperial knight under the jedi category (even though IK's are not jedis, but that is where they want all force users grouped at this point in time).

Marasiah does need to have a light or medium golden brown hair color with the white streak. A lot of pictures show her with the lighter golden brown hair color instead of a darker brown but both will be accepted as long as its brown. We dont have standards for the individual imperial knights though since you can get a generic knight approved, that is the only standard we have right now, so, that means, you would be approved in the jedi category.
If someone does one of her other costumes and there is enough reference for canon approval for that costume then it would be eligible for the delegation and only formal costumes are accepted into the detachment or a delegation.

We only have one IK approved in the legion at this time, so if more become approved and there is a need to create separate standards for face characters for IK's then that will certainly be done in time, but it was decided after lng discussion to just have the generic IK costume be approved with no stipulation on hair color or style.

If you are looking for costumes that can be made and approved right now for your delegation, then I would probably suggest going a different route with costumes that are definitely going to be approved as formal royalty costumes right now.

Perfect example of this is we recently approved a Leia jedi costume from EU and she was wearing the senatorial gown with hair pulled up and holding a light saber, she was approved in the jedi category, not the royalty category. Even though, yes, she is royalty, she was a jedi at that time and whatever they are at the time has to take precedent for the categories here for the RL. Marasiah was an imperial knight and when she is in her armor, she is a knight in the jedi category first and foremost, even though yes she is also royalty too.

I hope this all makes sense and I hope this helps in your decision for helping your delegation. Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I needed to know! Thanks for the thorough response. Mr. Green

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediDWH wrote:
That's what I needed to know! Thanks for the thorough response. Mr. Green

No problem at all Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: