About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a09772603e8f6f7898e96d9b5d39d519Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mando Armor Obi Wan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Mando Armor Obi Wan Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUnmHmjL4eE&feature=player_embedded

Let the discussion begin....

Obi Wan in mandolorian armor ....

what o you think the standards would entail..

enjoy
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably another one of his disguises.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this makes my heart cry. I'm firmly in the "no mash-ups" camp where there are NO Mando Jedi or Jedi Mando. Now both the Mercs AND RL are going to be dealing with newbies wanting to do a mash-up because Obi-Wan was wearing it......

*headdeskBANG*

Dave what were you thinking *cries*

/rantoff

the only way that this would even remotely have a chance at working, would be for those Jedi that look vaguely like Obi-Wan to do a helmet-less Mando, but still...this hurts my head....

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Jedi Revan (Jarred)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its simply a disguise and not a Mando

and as it was said on the Mando Mercs take away the lightsaber and add a helmet and you will be an unnamed Mando and will it will be accepted
I dont see what the problem with it is
Its not like there changing Obi-Wans history to wear he becomes a Mando
He's was probably there to protect Satine or to get Maul/ Savage
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think the considerations of a fan costuming group are a priority to the script-writers of Clone Wars Wink . I think its pretty awesome and it should be a fantastic story arc, but it will undoubtedly create headaches among militant Legion members who stress too much over how to categorize a costume from a sci-fi TV series, lol.

Cool

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aysel wrote:
this makes my heart cry. I'm firmly in the "no mash-ups" camp where there are NO Mando Jedi or Jedi Mando. Now both the Mercs AND RL are going to be dealing with newbies wanting to do a mash-up because Obi-Wan was wearing it......

*headdeskBANG*

Dave what were you thinking *cries*

/rantoff

the only way that this would even remotely have a chance at working, would be for those Jedi that look vaguely like Obi-Wan to do a helmet-less Mando, but still...this hurts my head....

As a huge Obi-Wan fan, I have to say... NOOOOOOOOOOO!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense, he's obviously in disguise and he has ties to Duchess Satine so his presence on Mandalore is a logical move. It's not like he's going for a new Mando-Jedi look either - this isn't a blend of two worlds, it's Obi-Wan sneaking into enemy territory. A disguise is a disguise; from a story-telling point of view it's a natural plot device and it allows the character to do some cool stuff he wouldn't ordinarily get to do. Luke and Han did the same thing. Blending Jedi and Mandos is still out of the question, since Obi-Wan is not trying to be Mandalorian. He's in disguise! I'm really not worried about how it "fits into the standards" since that's really kind of trivial.

Personally, I think it's pretty awesome, and it looks like it will be a wonderful story arc in what, I feel, is a delightful series. I am looking forward to it.

Cool

JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 'no' from me. Falls under the same heading as Luke/Han in TK armor or Vader no helmet/end of RotJ. But feel free to make it up for your local con or whatever, of course!!!
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that regarding costuming, It´s cannon. If someone wants to make a Beskar´gam Obi Wan for App it should be accepted if done right.

The person must look like Obi Wan of course.

regarding the series, Obi Wan is on Mandalore in the middle of a Mandalorian civil war protectin Satine and trying to help end the war between the true Mando and the Deathwatch. Satine grants him THE honor of wearing a mandalorian Beskar armor for protection knowing beskar mando armor is hands down the best armor in the universe.

Obi Wan is not going mando on anyone nor is he accepting his mando heart call nor anything like that, he is just wearing the best protection available on Mandalore for the job at hand.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. This is a one-time gig for Obi-Wan on a very specific mission, not a new breed of JediLorian looking to wreak havoc on the galaxy. It's not that big a deal, lol.

Laughing

Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i do not think anyone is suggesting that Obi Wan is a mando ....

Just like they are not suggesting that Leia has been a masked bounty hunter all along..

Since she was in disguise , I would think that most liekly as long as hte cosutme is accurate i would think the standards would hold as well for obi who is wearing a disguise or the very least armor...... t protect him during this intense battle ...

But i would agree , the actor would have to share certain characteristics to carry on this costume ... the hair , the beard .. the armor and soft parts shoudl look as they do on screen.

But this is not really a matter of discussion of plot since well. .. it is not out yet.. just meerly on the creation of an alternate costume for a character like with leia and other character....
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another thread (since there are quite a few already, lol) it was officially stated that this will NOT be accepted as a Legion costume. I think this is fine, and it is better to come right out with it then suffer endless debate over the matter. Plus it's such a specific disguise that I agree, making it acceptable would be a mistake - no matter how awesome this episode turns out to be. It's not a hero costume, so let's not try and use it as an excuse to get a Legion-approved Mando.

Cool

Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note though, now that I think about it, if the Native Mandalorians (those who are opposed to Death Watch) turn out to be good guys, would their costumes be accepted as Rebel Legion costumes? There is a good chance that some of these will be hero characters, and if we are the good guys, wouldn't that now include these characters? After all, Duchess Satine is an approved Legion character, and she is a Mandalorian - a ruler no less. Or will this now give the Mandos a chance to finally have a wider selection of canon costumes they can use to troop in? And would they then have claim over any Mandalorian? This is a rather big deal when you think about it; perhaps the leaders of the different groups should convene to discuss the future of Mandalorian characters.

Obi-Wan's look, however, should NOT be allowed as an option. No Mando-Jedi! lol

Jedi Revan (Jarred)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could it be an not be a acceptable costume as its clearly Obi-wan and hes a hero?
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have any intention of ever doing a mando obi wan ...

with that being said i do enjoy the intellectual debate on concepts like this....

In one element the law of nature is evolve or die.... You either adapt tot he changes that are made available or you become stagnant...

Now by creating very over shadowing umbrella like rules that do nto allow for change hinders the movment and evolution of hte group becasue we can not foresee what is in the future..

- i understand the idea that no one want mando jedi... it is like a cheat .. looking for instant cred by taking 2 cool characters and putting it together.. also in the idea in the star wars universe mando would not be jedi due ot philosophies ......

- I don'tthink anyone is suggesting allowing random mandos with lightsabers as an acceptable rebel legion costume ..

That is not what is being suggested here.... What is being suggesting is following the concept of the costume creation of hte group .

--- to create as accurate as possible good character costuems as seen in the media provided by Lucas Film...

-- The Armored Obiwan would fall under the concept of a Good character created by Lucas Film....

a.. there is a precedent as i stated with Bounty Hunter Leia... She was wearing a disguise of an evil character, and I am sure Bounty Hunters do not really fall under Rebel Legion concepts....

So even though I completely understand the idea of not having an Armored Obi Wan...

There is also a part of me that it seems that it goes against our costuming elements , that in a sence we hand pick what rules we wish to apply to certain costumes. I rememeber the discussion on no generic clone war jedi generals except for face characters because without seeing other jedi generals we had to assume that no other Jedi Knights in a war time situation would have put one a single peice of armor.... So in that concept based on the visuals from the same source material The Clone Wars , we are seeing a new costume reference that goes against the costuming elements.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: