Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=40a98f5b8847907dfb49d96671387867Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Docking Bay 94 has landed on the World Wide Web!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If somebody will try to login to separate site, separate domain with RL account and his password ... it is maybe good that he will not be able to access to DB94 site admin
cute, but most people who use computers as a means to an end think it is perfectly reasonable to have a single login that works across multiple domains operated by the same organization. especially since so many sites allow that now.
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you seem to be disparaging something without all the facts. The DB84 site is still in the learning stage as well. We are both, Blair and I, learning the ins and outs of the site itself.

I am not that good with the admin part of the site as Blair is. We have asked that people log in, submit articles and no one has that I know of.

Perhaps I am wrong.

As far as your log in being the same across all platforms, this site was created separately from the RL site and is not on the server yet so we cant have that integration yet. We have both tried to get it merged over but I guess the system admin is too busy to do it at the moment. I don't know what else to do about that. As of right now, it is up to you to chose your log in name and password.

Please understand that the site is a work in progress and if you have any input or desire to see it grow, you can be granted admin status. We need the input and the help as this site has a LOT of potential, it is definitely not there yet.

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Matt, I believe that your status was not right for you to contribute. I changed you to a contributor so now you should be able to now.

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bit of confusion here.

First, allow me to apologize. I didn't intend to disparage all who have worked on the website. I intended to offer suggestions for preparing the website for our panel at C6. In my haste, I didn't proof read my post and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Conley, thanks for upgrading my account. I will try to add some content in the coming weeks.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some checking on domains. Here are some available domains:

dockingbay.org
db94.info
bay94.info
ninetyfour.org
ninetyfour.info
dockingbay.info

I think dockingbay.org is the simplest domain to remember, while db94.info is the easiest to type, particularly on mobile devices.

Conley, Blair, let me know what you which domain you want. I'll set it up this week. When the site gets moved to a Rebel Legion subdomain I can update the domain to point to the new address.

Second question:
I see that I can now add new posts but how does one create new albums in the gallery and/or add photos? I would like to upload all of my Wookiee reference photos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: