About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1ac44a56a5f084f3b0968181a90cf0ddMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Docking Bay 94 has landed on the World Wide Web!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Docking Bay 94 has landed on the World Wide Web! Reply with quote

Hello all!

I am extremely excited to announce the New Docking Bay 94 website!

***EDITED***This is the frequency:http://db94.rebellegion.com It has been moved to the RL server and has its own subdomain. To register, go to the bottom right hand side under the section 'user area' and click on 'register'.

Blair did most of the work, customizing it for our needs, so please give him a shout out for all his hard work.

Our intention with the site is to be a complement to the RL site, not a substitute for the Fringe RL forums. As you will see we will not have a forum on the site itself. That is still going to be here. There is a direct link from the site to the Fringe forums.

We intend to use the site as a place to compile our resources in a little bit easier to navigate format for both members and prospective members.

So, Permission to land! Go. Register. Explore. Post!

And remember, it is just starting out so we need everyone's input and insights!

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee

Last edited by Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols) on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news, Conley.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotWookiee wrote:
This is awesome news, Conley.

Thanks Matt! Blair did the lions share of the work! I am pleased with it coming out like it did. As mentioned before, we will eventually be moving this to the RL server but it will be standalone from the site.

Right now we are limited to about 1gb of content, so we hope to move it before we get close to that.

The goal is to have a central spot to put all the reference photos that Bob and others have acrued and give them a permanent home. We still want to have our tutorials and such on the forums. From time to time we may post some of the tutorials or resources (via copying, not taking off the forums). Hopefully, this can become a model for all detachments to have their own sites.

Conley

Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, to avoid confusion, please register on the site with your RL user name.

Thanks,
Conley Cool

Charter Committee
Anduril ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that looks great!

I just registered and waiting on the confirmation email.

Check out my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/needleandblade
Purple Dagger (Sean Phillips)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful site. You can tell some time and thought went into it.
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registered and online - great content well done all!

Just one thing Id suggest is to review the login and registration process please?

I couldnt enter my normal username and had to add numerics to it to be able to register.

I also didnt have to enter any Captcha/Security data in the registration process so Im not sure if there may be a possibility of a spam account invasion at some point if this isnt present (I dont know Wordpress well, just from my experiences running other phpBB forums).

Looking forward to seeing it grow!

Rebel Legion Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion UK Emeritus : Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgejedi wrote:

I couldnt enter my normal username and had to add numerics to it to be able to register.

Strange ... there are already users without any "numerics" in login ... but I will check this ...

edgejedi wrote:
I also didnt have to enter any Captcha/Security data in the registration process so Im not sure if there may be a possibility of a spam account invasion at some point if this isnt present (I dont know Wordpress well, just from my experiences running other phpBB forums)

It this time captcha is not enough Sad ... and only bothering users ... security is handled via "not visible" wordpress plugins ... Wink ...

ps: right now, I am writing some documents "How to..." Wink

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nikkos Khann"]
GotWookiee wrote:

Right now we are limited to about 1gb of content, so we hope to move it before we get close to that.

Conley

Just a reminder! We should be moving the site to the RL servers soon, but until then, please limit your uploads of pictures to web sized only. We do want to have hi res photos there, but for now, please upload only web sized.

DB94 Command

Charter Committee
GhostRider01 (Luis Alejandro Mendoza)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome page very well done! Awing

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing. You may register for the site even if you do not have a formal fringe costume. You may get inspired to join us scoundrels and smugglers!

Charter Committee
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up!! Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With C6 just a few weeks away (and our panel), I think it is important that we revisit the website.

I am willing to pay for a domain name and have it point to the site we have.

I also notice that the site contains no links to how to information, but lots of information about mission statements, membership rosters, the detachment charter, club standards, etc.

We have a pretty good library of tutorials in our various sub-forums. We have some reference galleries out there. Bob has his Han Solo galleries and I have some extensive Wookiee reference galleries on my Picasa account. I think it is imperative that these things be available on the site.

In fact, I think the site and the detachments primary focus needs to be on costuming how to information. When someone asks about how to make a Han Solo, Chewie, or other applicable costume, we should be able to say "go to our website" and everything else be ready for them.

I also have to ask: what is the purpose of providing a login and registration system? Are detachment members supposed to be able to edit or add content on the site?
Since our forum has a separate login system, my experience tells me that this will confuse people who attempt to register/login on the DB94 website and then get confused and frustrated when they can't login with the same credentials over here.

If the login is merely for those who administer the site, it should be made less prominent so as not to confuse new recruits.
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotWookiee wrote:
With C6 just a few weeks away (and our panel), I think it is important that we revisit the website.

I am willing to pay for a domain name and have it point to the site we have.

We are waiting for time when we will be able to migrate to RL server ... with subdomain Wink (similar to Comlink ... http://comlink.rebellegion.com/ ) ... so no need for pay domain ...

GotWookiee wrote:
I also notice that the site contains no links to how to information, but lots of information about mission statements, membership rosters, the detachment charter, club standards, etc..

We have a pretty good library of tutorials in our various sub-forums. We have some reference galleries out there. Bob has his Han Solo galleries and I have some extensive Wookiee reference galleries on my Picasa account. I think it is imperative that these things be available on the site.

One of the reason why this website was created is: lot of people sharing lot of pictures on personal accounts ... we need all those pictures on one visible place Wink ...

... also, just pictures - this is not enough - we need to have a marked them with source ...

Right now, I am working on galeries on site ... but I am limited by time and space (and space question is related to "migrate to RL server" Smile )

GotWookiee wrote:
In fact, I think the site and the detachments primary focus needs to be on costuming how to information. When someone asks about how to make a Han Solo, Chewie, or other applicable costume, we should be able to say "go to our website" and everything else be ready for them.

Nobody build a tutorial section during day Smile

GotWookiee wrote:
I also have to ask: what is the purpose of providing a login and registration system? Are detachment members supposed to be able to edit or add content on the site?
Since our forum has a separate login system, my experience tells me that this will confuse people who attempt to register/login on the DB94 website and then get confused and frustrated when they can't login with the same credentials over here.

If the login is merely for those who administer the site, it should be made less prominent so as not to confuse new recruits.

As Conley already posted -

Quote:

If somebody will try to login to separate site, separate domain with RL account and his password ... it is maybe good that he will not be able to access to DB94 site admin Smile

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:
We are waiting for time when we will be able to migrate to RL server ... with subdomain Wink (similar to Comlink ... http://comlink.rebellegion.com/ ) ... so no need for pay domain ...

Is that going to happen before celebration? Even if it does, having a short url that is easy to remember is very useful.

Quote:
One of the reason why this website was created is: lot of people sharing lot of pictures on personal accounts ... we need all those pictures on one visible place Wink ...

How does one go about uploading photos and creating galleries? I'll be happy to upload my archive.

Quote:
Nobody build a tutorial section during day Smile

um, what?

Quote:
Hmm, I can't seen to post anything even when logged in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: