About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e64ed4e27ec4bee3d5b3616799d43a16Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lightsaber question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built a pink bladed saber a few years ago for my daughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXPmeRi9LE&list=UUUEHfQUtImdUW5dTWeBQ0Ww&index=103&feature=plcp
No one ever confused it with red, or questioned why she was carrying a red-themed blade. She was 14 at the time, and really the only comments we heard were along the lines of "cool! She has a pink lightsaber!" Laughing Wink

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really guys... if the blade is clearly pink and the owner is dressed as a female Jedi in earth tones or at least clear and nice tones it's hard for ANYONE to confuse it with a Towering Hulk in Black armor and black leather and say "Hey! that's a Sith!"

I think the look of Sith and Jedi is VERY well defined in that regard. Even Plo Koon that has that sort of I could be Evil look to his design is Unmistakably a Jedi in everyone's eyes.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, we already have members approved with pink blades, they have been acceptable for quite some time.

I had noticed along time ago that Vader's saber was actually pink, not red, and attributed it to the poor rotoscoping/editing technology of the time. Razz

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NRVNQSR (Paul Smiley)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I'll plan that for my saber then! Thanks for the feedback everyone!
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-gon Jinn wrote:
I built a pink bladed saber a few years ago for my daughter:

Clearly not red, excellent design. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed, that is a lovely shade ^^
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was done using a Seoul P4 white led and a Lee filter swatch..I forget which one it was, though. Razz

Jason Detachment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: